When to stop Bulking?

getbig89

Awards
So I've been bulking with mass tabs, and will be starting PCT in about a week. I really want to cut, and I'm just wondering when it will be safe to start so that I don't lose my gains. A few have said that I need to continue the bulking diet through PCT, but I just want to make sure everything is in check.

Thanks for the help

bashman

bashman

Awards
  • Established
Never! Never stop bulking, its too fun to stop! :)

I think 2 months post cycle of eating in a surplus, then slowly shifting into a maintenance phase, then into a cut should avoid losing your gains.

getbig89

Awards
Never! Never stop bulking, its too fun to stop! :)

I think 2 months post cycle of eating in a surplus, then slowly shifting into a maintenance phase, then into a cut should avoid losing your gains.
omg i hate it, there's not enough hours in the day to eat all that damn food lol.

So, I'm starting PCT Feb 17...so I should go to maintenance in April, then cut in like May?

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
That sounds pretty good i know you probally want to cut a bit before summer as most people do so if you feel your body can react efficently to a cut earlier you can but really just gauge your body, but id stop bulking as he mentioned about 1-2 monts after pct.

getbig89

Awards
That sounds pretty good i know you probally want to cut a bit before summer as most people do so if you feel your body can react efficently to a cut earlier you can but really just gauge your body, but id stop bulking as he mentioned about 1-2 monts after pct.
I've never done an actual strict cut before so I dunno how my body will react. And yeah I def wanna cut before the summer..or start at least..and then cut through the summer.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just start to cut around april. cut april and may so you will be ready for summer. this gives u a few more months to bulk, then 2 months to get lean

getbig89

Awards
just start to cut around april. cut april and may so you will be ready for summer. this gives u a few more months to bulk, then 2 months to get lean
Also I have another quick question. Do I need to change much of my workout routine when I cut, or just my diet. I know the main part of it is my diet.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Also I have another quick question. Do I need to change much of my workout routine when I cut, or just my diet. I know the main part of it is my diet.
You may need to add more cardio as you go along. Some people will do cardio twice a day to get shredded.

limp gimp

Awards
bulking ? wtf only fat gready bastards bulk. keep on wearing yr 10 sweaters them lats look big oh sorry bulky ......lol...

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
bulking ? wtf only fat gready bastards bulk. keep on wearing yr 10 sweaters them lats look big oh sorry bulky ......lol...
maybe if i understood what you just said i would think its funny lol

when i cut, i do NOT change my routine. I just add in swimming and cardio. I still want to build muscle while cutting, just lose fat...which is hard to do. just change your diet around.

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
maybe if i understood what you just said i would think its funny lol

when i cut, i do NOT change my routine. I just add in swimming and cardio. I still want to build muscle while cutting, just lose fat...which is hard to do. just change your diet around.
That's usually the system I use. I might cut rests shorter between sets but otherwise I just add in more cardio. Specifically fasted AM.