Besides food, other reasons you cant gain weight

Chico222

Awards
While bulking, will low amounts of total testosterone make it harder to put on weight?

If you have never done a colon cleanse, can that make it harder to put on weight?

jgassen15

jgassen15

Awards
bone structure, several different hormone level variations, several different neurotransmitter variations, potential setpoint for weight established in your body... yes low testosterone could potentially debilitate your muscle gain, but it's not the end-all be-all. Colon cleanse, probably not as likely. Although they will help with nutrient absorption in the long run.

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
Depending on your age and genetics your body just might not be ready to put on a lot of weight.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
age, workout routine, sleep, activity during the day....and night :D but its all about diet bro

Chico222

Awards
Depending on your age and genetics your body just might not be ready to put on a lot of weight.
Interesting, I've never thought of that. In my family, it seems like the 30s are the ones that pack on the weight.

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
Interesting, I've never thought of that. In my family, it seems like the 30s are the ones that pack on the weight.
My family is like that too. I will be hitting 30 this year, so I am going to set it off right. When your body is just naturally young looking, with a small frame, you can gain some muscle but you won't be huge until your body is ready to gain weight. Genetics are a b*tch.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
surprised nobody mentioned it yet. But obviously your thyroid levels.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There are so many factors...metabolism, activity level, diet, hormones, age, genetics..

Most of those things you cant do anything about. What you can change is your diet and activity level. keep track of cals, and eat 500 or so over maintenance and if you dont gain weight bump it another 300-500 cals and if that doesnt work...well you get the picture.

Diet is where its at brother:)

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
Calories in vs. calories out. If you consume more than you burn, you ALWAYS gain weight, unless you have a tapeworm or something seriously wrong with your health.