Who eat's in the middle of the night

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
I've been on a bulk for the last couple months. With all the water i drink i'm usally up a 2-3 during the night to take a leak been thinking about adding a snack to my diet when i'm up. Just to keep my self Anabolic. I already drink a Casien shake with about 16oz of milk right before bed at 9:00 and a morning shake at about 6:30. Only problem is when i have, snacked in the middleof the night. I have trouble getting back to sleep.

Steeladdict

Awards
I do a casien shake with two table spoon of peanut butter and I grind oats and put it a shake. I prepare it before I go to bed. When I get up I have it in my shaker to drink. It helps to add extra calories.

SRS2000

Awards
  • Established
I've always preferred to get my calories in during my waking hours. If you are eating enough calories and protein during the day and also including a near bedtime feeding, I just don't see any real advantage to eating something in the middle of the night. I've just never seen any real compelling evidence that you get catabolic to the point of compromising muscle mass in that short of a time period. To me getting the nutrients during the day and getting back to sleep more quickly in the middle of the night is probably a better idea.

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
if i get up during the night ill skull some milk until im full... I dont have a problem with falling back to sleep afterwards which is good!

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
if i get up during the night ill skull some milk until im full... I dont have a problem with falling back to sleep afterwards which is good!
I think your right the more i've read it isn't a bad idea if it doesn't effect your sleep

adeadbodyman

Awards
i also eat when i get up at night. It really helps me get in even more food, I get around 5000 calories throughout the day, that extra 800 in the middle of the night helps alot for me.

mike

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
I get 2 cups cottage cheese and 2 cups milk right before bed, it usually keeps me asleep and anabolic

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
It is all sleep related. Protein synthesis happens when your body obtains a deep sleep, and your REM's are at their highest. If you wake up numerous times and cant get good deep sleep when you fall back to sleep then all the eating isnt helping. If you can fall back into a deep sleep after numerous times of waking up and eating then it should have its advantages.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wake up 2-3 times a week in the middle of the night (sometimes more) what i do is drink about 50gs whey and some liver tabs. Never have a hard time falling back asleep but some times wake up with a sour stomach / burping up the liver tabs...

Xerxes

Awards
  • Established
I also drink 48-50 grams of protein upon waking, usually a 50/50 whey/casein split, if bulking. When cutting I down 2 scoops of Xtend and/or maybe 1 scoop of casein. Its a lot easier if you have the powder ready to go in a cup or shaker.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
Back in the day I used to premix a shake and leave it in a little cooler next to my bed and when I woke up to pee, I'd just slam it down then go right back to Zzz.

Xerxes

Awards
  • Established
Back in the day I used to premix a shake and leave it in a little cooler next to my bed and when I woke up to pee, I'd just slam it down then go right back to Zzz.

Hell yea man thats the way to do it. I try not to do to much stuff when I wake up or I am up for good....

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I eat at all hours.I just picked up some casein because I'll wake up in the morning hungry as hell and wanna go eat a whole deer or some **** so the casein should fix this. you could throw some need2sleep in there to help you sleep.