Bulk diet inside.

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
This is currently what I am eating,

8.30 - 1 cup oatmeal grinded up, 2tbsp milled flax seed, 25g protein powder, shake with 1.5 cup of skim milk. blended, 1 banana

10.30 - 1 cup kashi go lean crunch cereal dry, 1 yoplait light yogurt, 1 apple, 1 can tuna fish

12.30 - about 10-12 oz chicken breast, 1-1/12 cup spinach or lima beans or brussel sprouts or steamed zuccini/squash, 1/2 cup trail mix.

3.30 - about 1 1/2 cups brown rice with about 1 cup of black beans, apple

5.30 - 6 bowl of pasta...2 cups(cooked) whole grain rotini with 1 cup of steamed broccoli, 1tbspn light country crock butter, salt/pepper/garlic powder/ 4 tsp parm cheese.

8.00 post w/o - about 1 cup of fat free cottage cheese with mandarin oranges in water fruit cup, drained added to it, 25g protein shake with 5g creatine mono

10:00 - 1 4oz tilapia filet, sweet potato

II usually hit bed around 12.30-1pm...

But overall, what do you think? I think its pretty decent.

Long post, thanks for reading.

meathed

meathed

Awards
Looks like a clean well balanced meal plan. Could do with some more protein sources possibly. What is the Macros breakdown? Proof is in the numbers. Making me hungry anyway.

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
originally the diet was a tad different, 3500/306/380/94.. This diet plan is a little less food, Id guess around 3000/250/400/100. thats cal/prot/carb/fat, sure yall know that by the numbers though. I will be breaking it all down in a day or two to get the exact numbers as I want to monitor and adjust accordingly.

Im really interested to know if I should have that 10pm meal, I know its late but its still 2 hours before bed, kinda on the fence about it. That last meal I believe will push me to my goal of 3500/300/450/100 I think. 100g of fat seems a bit much though. oh well.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Very new here. Have had alot of problems in the past with diet not being on point to bulk. I believe you are doing fine with carbs but need alot more protein sources. Try nonfat greek instead of the regular light yogurt too. 3X the protein

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
nonfat greek, ill look into that this weekend at the grocery. thanks.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Looks fine except for meal # 2 & # 5, which need more protein IMO

meathed

meathed

Awards
Chobani Greek yogurt is one of my staples. Non-fat with half the carbs and triple the protein. Not to mention the benefit of probiotics.

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
Hey, **-- Edit to plan --** I'll add the tuna in meal 2, that takes care of the protein there.

jdmferio13

Awards
how much carb should you be consuming on a bulking cycle

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
carbs are energy, and they taste freaking wonderful, eat em up is my opinion. But really, I believe on a 3500 cal diet you want to be about 350 prot and 500 carb. I think. Carbs seem to make me FAT though, in the belly area, so it annoys the piss out of me.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
carbs are energy, and they taste freaking wonderful, eat em up is my opinion. But really, I believe on a 3500 cal diet you want to be about 350 prot and 500 carb. I think. Carbs seem to make me FAT though, in the belly area, so it annoys the piss out of me.
Same problem here, but I guess it is tolerable since it is bulking :sgrin:
Got plenty of time to work it off before summer :D

//CC

bakkbakk

Awards
thats what i would eat to cut, with the exception of the light butter, which is still bad for you. extremely clean and slow burning carbs all around. Not sure how tall you are with the 182 lbs but unless your 5 ft 3 youre proly lean as hell already and need to eat like **** to gain a pound. if that is the case i would bump it to at least 5k calories maybe 6k. adding in simple carbs and a lot more fruit in the first half of your day....why???

Your body is more anabolic upon waking and sugars and simple carbs signal an anabolic(growth) response too if eating them the first half of the day just like whey protein does. so its win win and your workouts will be great more food more energy, heavier weights bigger muscles. keep the fiber up too with all that food 25 to 35 a day(in comes the fruit)
Also----watch the sweet potato every day. every sweet potato has 600+ percent vitamin A for your daily needs, which is stored in your liver along with k and e as well. d maybe too? forgot on that one. Any way, al though true vitamin A(beta carotene from food) isnt as toxic as man made in vitamins to your system it still builds up and just for simple math if you had one every day for just a week, excluding any other vitamins or food that may have it in it, thats 3500% more than you need. can cause toxicity if kept up like an oral steroid for example. your liver has around 220 functions if you still dont think its a big deal, including the main one-living.

the last time I bulked i left my diet the same(all healthy) and added 6 pizzas a week to it. no lie, obviously i didnt need the fat that comes with pizza but it worked, for a smarter choice I would add a lot of red potatoes, tons of antioxidants, fiber, cancer deterring nutrients inside as well as 600mg of potassium per serving and some of the better carbs i find for workout energy. but thats just me and thought I would try to help
Im from a different breed and dont do a set and then stare in the mirror like ive been seeing a lot of lately, not referring to you doing it, just in general. I get i there, beat the piss out of myself and make my body adapt

Also there is an easier solution to adding a little bit healthier carbs to your diet. things like waximaize or other powders they have out now add complex carbs to your diet but get absorbed like a protein shake, cytosport has some too i have used. i like simple carbs for training 6 reps and under or complete burnout knock out dragout dayts, brown rice type carbs for maybe a stroll on the beach, hope it gives an idea at least

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
I'm 6'1. Ill tell you what, eating all this food is tough enough. If I wanted to add another 1k calories I would have to dirty it up a bit. I'd also have to add a meal around 10pm, which would be a couple hours before bed. I'm open to suggestions on other foods to add in.

Also that some very interesting info on the sweet potato, I'll look more into that, and maybe just do every other day.

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
**Update** Macro breakdown

3729 cal
273 prot
66 fat
534 carb

WOAAA NELLLY look at those carbs. So what I take from this is little more prot and little less carbs? Im 188lbs. What do you think. I will be adding a third shake, casein, pre bed. that will add another 25 prots as well. Which I didnt include because I wont have it for another week and a half or so.

Anyhow I'm a bit nervous about over 500 carbs lol, buddy says its fine, what do yall think.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I personally like a 5 day meal plan
It helps me keep it simple with being able to rotate meals depending on when i hit the gym.
Id suggest eating most of ur carbs breakfast, pre-wo, post-wo
use brown rice/beans/broccoli mix...easy to eat for carbs.
try almond butter for healthy fats, ur fats ARE WAY TO LOW FOR A NATURAL in your break down, i regurally consume 90-100g each day with no body fat gains.
at 180lbs you dont need anymore then 280g pro a day as a NATURAL.
the rest should be carbs at this point.
BTW carbs are protein sparing, thus having such a high carb intake can allow you to lower protein even lower and still get all the benifits.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Eat it up dude... haha. Looks good. and dont worry about getting a little chubby cause when it comes off, it looks GOOD. I just dropped ten pounds and fell cut as hell. Bulking is definitely heaven. meals look good and I envy you for being able to eat that often. your def gettin your fill of the good stuff, and lots of variety. Goodluck!

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
Almond butter eh? Ill look for that this weekend at the grocery. I also thought the fat was a little low, was thinking of throwing some red meat in. Maybe in meal 3? Little less chicken subbed for half a cube steak? Or maybe throwin some lean ground beef in the rice/beans?

Oh, checked into the greek yogurt deal, its double the yoplait light cost! lol. Besides, I'm bulking atm so I will stick to yoplait, maybe on the cut I'll give it a switch. Thanks for showin me that.