Suggestions to get me back on track

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I just went through a period of sickness that really pretty much destroyed about two months worth of gains. I was dealing with a cold for about a month but had been working through it. IT had minimal affect on my gains and lifting, and I got bigger and stronger through it so I didnt give much bother. I went from 172 at the end of summer to 188 around two weeks ago. This was the result of alot of long hard hours in the gym, smart supplementation and a good, hearty, healthy diet, to help me gain the weight. The week of thanksgiving I developed another type of sickness, which the doc could not diagnose. Sparing you details, I got sick to my stomach from drainaige of fluid, and threw up what food I had. I was unable to eat, sleep, or lay down for a a full day. after that I slept at about 2 hour intervals before getting sick, and still unable to eat. I finally ate one very tiny meal at the end of the second day, and was able to sleep some more. I caught up on my sleep the next day and ate two smaller meals. I now am left with a sinus infection that im fighting with an antibiotic, but the results of no lifting for seven days and two days with no food and several days with little food combined with loss of apetite has serverely crippled my gains and strength.

I still have a highly reduced apetite. I find it hard to even consume 3500 calories a day now when I was eat over 5 every day before. I went from around 185 to 173 initially, and have been slowly climbing back up from there, im sitting at around 178 right now. all my lifts seem to have stayed about the same, except for my bench which dropped 20 pounds for everything, reps, 3 rep max, etc.

I want to know the best way to get my apetite back, the best way to regain my weight, and the best way to save as much of my strength as possible and get back on the muscle building path as quickly as possible now that im recovering.

Thank you all in advance for any help and advice you may offer

WetWorks

Awards
muscle memory is a great thing. if you have made 185 before it will come back fast. you have to wait until your body gets stable before you can expect it to start gaining again. you taking any pro biotic's?

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
No pro biotics, what are those?