HELP!!!

Doubravkody

Awards
okay, so this summer, i went from 135lb to 127...came back to school i went back up to 135 in around 3-4 weeks....its been 3 weeks since then and i am STUCK at 135!!!!!

I know what everyone is goiing to say.......EAT
I doo, alott, but i cant eat any more than I am, I upped my shake another 200cal, but that wont do it...

SO...I was wondering..I do noo cardio at all, just weight lift...if I were to only weight lift once a week, and do abs every other day, would I gain weight alot quicker, and keep my abs? I want to do this for a month an a half....

would this work??? is weightlifting 5-6 times a week keeping me from gaining that extra weight?? please help!

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
one thing is the "lose weight" and another thing is "lose fat" did you wish loose weight?

Doubravkody

Awards
nooo! I want to GAIN weight!!!
im at 135 i want to get to 145 by mid December.....

would lifting once a week help me gain weight alot quicker than weightlifting 5-6 times a week?

radiodude

radiodude

Awards
5-6 days a week is definitely on the high side, try 3-4. But more importantly, what do your macros look like?

Doubravkody

Awards
so every other day?
should I stay with doing 5 exercises a day still. or should I up it if I do every other?
and what do you mean macros?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
post your diet on here. and be honest. if u lie, ur only cheating yourself. IMO, i wouldnt do cardio but other ppl like doing some cardio while bulking. at 135, u can get up to 160 pretty easily. u just have to eat right. if ur worrying more about cardio than diet, their is something wrong. u get big in the kitchen, not the gym. so post ur diet on here and i promise ppl will respond.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
and log ur food on a website so u see how many cals, carbs and grams of protein ur getting in daily. what kind of shake are u making? do u take any other supplements? how often do u eat and what do u eat. whats ur workout routine like. i was 18 and i thought i was eating enough. then i joined AM and it changed my whole workout routine and diet up completely. i am now finally gaining weight at a constant pace.

Doubravkody

Awards
Okay here it goes...

everyday pretty much the same...its college food haha

breakfast- bowl of cereal with whole milk, some type of fruit, rasberry ice tea..sometimes i I switch it up maybe twice a week with eggs, toast, and bacon

lunch- honestly I can not say, I almost always have a bowl of soup, fruit, along with probably 2 plates of whatever they have cooken that day...I'd say I consume around 600-700cal for lunch, and same for dinner, Ive recorded it on mypryamid 6-7 times, depending on what I ate that day, and it usually comes out to be that....

Dinner-same as lunch

snacks- I always eat a packet of peanut butter crackers, and I usually have one cookie, and chex mix...but the cookie and chex mix at night ive been slacking on, i will admit that.

shake- I use truemass 2 scoops along with olive oil, and peanut butter-huge scoop....

I take creatine, aminos, fishoil, and im on natadrol right now, been on it for bout 5 weeks now...its okay, I would not rant about it...its weird last semester, after first few weeks of lfting, the pain would stop all together, now, the next day my body just kills on the part that I worked from the other day...and my lifts have not gone up at all.....only for the arms...anyone know why?

so there it is...I'm jsut starting to try working out every other day, see if that helps, but would doing even less help me gain the weight? like work out twice a week?

Hope I get some responses...Thanks guys!

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
you could start with cutting out the iced tea, pb crackers, cookies, chex mix and consume real foods(not processed crap). The saturated fat, cholesterol and sugar content in Truemass is rediculous! talk about not healthy! thats just my opinion though. i wouldnt touch it. are you trying to build muscle or get stronger because your question is kinda flip floppy?

Doubravkody

Awards
I agree with you, but I can only consume what the college gives me, and its all processed crap...as for truemass I love the sutff! it has helped me big time! i use 2 scoops which is only 28g sugar...less than a can of soda which aint good but still not too bad, and 2.5g sat. fat which isnt to bad either...cholesterol yea its bad...but its worth the calories to me...what would you suggest?

And what I want is to be at a weight of 145, and definition is more important to me than strength, but strenght is important too..i want it all lol

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
im in college also bro. if u wanna get serious, here is what u do. please read this whole post lol

Breakfast: 3 packets of oatmeal with 5 eggs and a p&j
1 hour later make a shake

Pre lunch: P&J

Lunch: eat what u can eat if it really is a problem. do u eat on or off campus? u gotta get chicken in here or some type of protein other than a shake

Pre workout: oatmeal or pasta with some veggies

Post workout: Shake followed by oatmeal

Dinner: Do what u gotta do if u cant cook or make chicken or something like that. again, gotta get protein in here other than a shake

Bed: P&J with Oatmeal or some type of carbs and a Shake

This is just something easy u can follow that u can gain weight at the weight u are at. the more u gain, the more u gotta eat to maintain/gain even more weight.

i eat more that this and more protein from food than this diet but im bigger. if u do this, i promise you will gain cause your diet isnt anything for gaining weight and THAT right there is why. i promise you bro. if u just eat something like this u will gain. u can buy a bag of chicken at walmart for like 6 bucks and it comes with like 10 chicken breast and they are kinda thick so u can slice them in half. this may look like alot to you, but its because ur stomach isnt stretched. this takes some time. took me 2 months to stretch it to where i want it to be.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
as for shakes, ditch true mass. all weight gainers are crap IMO other than iso mass. make ur own shake. get whey protein and add in ur own ingredients like ice cream for cals, evoo, oats, fruits and ice. as for creatine, u gotta be drinking a gallon of water a day or creatine is worthless. at least for me it is. i see results when i drink lots of water with it.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
whats your routine like? i can give u a few routines to do so u dont plateau and stop getting stronger. MAIN TWO THINGS WHEN IT COMES TO TRAINING IN THE GYM: 1. heavy compound movements like bench, squats, deads, rows 2. constantly change up your routine to promote muscle confusion and ur muscles dont get adapted to your routine

linus420

Awards
abs do 5 sets of 25 everyday

never miss breakfast.

eat whole foods.

buy a case of ENSURE PLUS from SAMS or WalMart or whatever drink one every 2 hours if your in class/work whatever.

train 3 days a week MONDAY WEDNESDAY FRIDAY 3 day split
I went from 120 to 175 like that naturally

make sure you getting 1.5 - 2 grams of protein per LB of body weight

take your multi vitamins and creatine

linus420

Awards
as for shakes, ditch true mass. all weight gainers are crap IMO other than iso mass. make ur own shake. get whey protein and add in ur own ingredients like ice cream for cals, evoo, oats, fruits and ice. as for creatine, u gotta be drinking a gallon of water a day or creatine is worthless. at least for me it is. i see results when i drink lots of water with it.
I beg to differ I like true mass lol. Taste alright I got leanest gains from 2 shakes a day. Pretty cheap too only 30 dollars from bb.com

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I beg to differ I like true mass lol. Taste alright I got leanest gains from 2 shakes a day. Pretty cheap too only 30 dollars from bb.com
if u have the money to pay 30 every two weeks then go for it. sure it tastes good, id just rather make my own shake from real food rather than powder. thats just how i have always done it tho. whey protein has 77 servings in it. lasts waaaay longer than true mass

linus420

Awards
if u have the money to pay 30 every two weeks then go for it. sure it tastes good, id just rather make my own shake from real food rather than powder. thats just how i have always done it tho. whey protein has 77 servings in it. lasts waaaay longer than true mass
I'm pretty sure that true mass has several kinds of protein derived from milk, egg, and other stuff. That's real enough to me. Plus I like them carnivor shooters, 50g of steak protein

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
im not saying it doesnt have different proteins in it....im saying, it would last me just about two weeks when i can make my own protein from 100% whey or myofusion and it has 77 servings for about the same price. nobody on this site promotes "powder weight gainers" like true mass. at least from what ive seen on other threads they havent. also, true mass has a crap load of sugar in it. all weight gainers except for iso mass are crap man. make your own. cheaper and better for you

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Go and get a good trainer. I don't understand why people come on forums needing so much help. You are going to get different opinions on everything.

Free advice is often the most costly.

linus420

Awards
im not saying it doesnt have different proteins in it....im saying, it would last me just about two weeks when i can make my own protein from 100% whey or myofusion and it has 77 servings for about the same price. nobody on this site promotes "powder weight gainers" like true mass. at least from what ive seen on other threads they havent. also, true mass has a crap load of sugar in it. all weight gainers except for iso mass are crap man. make your own. cheaper and better for you
It has 14 grams of sugar per serving

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
okay, so this summer, i went from 135lb to 127...came back to school i went back up to 135 in around 3-4 weeks....its been 3 weeks since then and i am STUCK at 135!!!!!

I know what everyone is goiing to say.......EAT

I doo, alott, but i cant eat any more than I am, I upped my shake another 200cal, but that wont do it...

SO...I was wondering..I do noo cardio at all, just weight lift...if I were to only weight lift once a week, and do abs every other day, would I gain weight alot quicker, and keep my abs? I want to do this for a month an a half....

would this work??? is weightlifting 5-6 times a week keeping me from gaining that extra weight?? please help!
If you've gone backwards or come to a plateau, then the FIRST factor you need to look at is NUTRITION. And everyone will be right - if you are NOT gaining, then you are NOT eating ENOUGH, period!

No, lifting only once a week and doing abs every other day is NOT going to help you gain muscle mass better than if you were training PROPERLY. If you want to gain muscle mass, then you need to TRAIN - as well as EAT - for it!

nooo! I want to GAIN weight!!!
im at 135 i want to get to 145 by mid December.....

would lifting once a week help me gain weight alot quicker than weightlifting 5-6 times a week?
If you're only concerned about gaining WEIGHT - which you should NOT be, since scale weight is IRrelevant, IMO - then you can EASILY gain weight just through your nutrition (trust me, I can gain - and lose - ~15-20 pounds in a WEEK!) If you want to gain weight, you should want it to be LEAN MASS, preferable MUSCLE mass, since you could easily gain weight and have it all food, water, and fat, and that's not cool.

Re lifting, see my response above. And you certainly do NOT need to be lifting 5-6 times a week; 3-4 times is sufficient if you have the RIGHT TRAINING PROGRAMME! You'd be better off doing three days a week - Monday, Wednesday, and Friday - and just sticking to the multijoint compound lifts.

Just an example training programme. It's not your typical mass gaining programme re recovery, but it's basic and simple, and it WORKS for mass - certainly did for me, and I am a very experienced trainee (albeit I was also doing more training in the form of HIIT/HIT/Cardio with it):

Monday

Weights: 20 reps total per exercise of sets of 4-5RM (30 seconds recovery between sets)
1. Underhand-Grip Barbell Bent Over Rows
2. Overhead Barbell Squats
3. Weighted Dips
4. Barbell Ab Rollout

Wednesday

Weights: 40 reps total per exercise of sets of 8-9RM (45 seconds recovery between sets)
1. Wide-Grip Lat Pull-Downs
2. Incline Dumbbell Bench Press
3. Barbell Romanian Deadlift (plates to floor)
4. Close-Grip Barbell Bicep Curls
5. Hanging Straight-Leg Raises

Friday

Weights: 25 reps total per exercise of sets of 4-5RM (30 seconds recovery between sets)
1. Barbell Front Squats
2. Flat Close-Grip Barbell Bench Press
3. Close-Grip Supinated Reverse Rack Pulls (feet on bench)
4. Barbell Push Press

Okay here it goes...

everyday pretty much the same...its college food haha

breakfast- bowl of cereal with whole milk, some type of fruit, rasberry ice tea..sometimes i I switch it up maybe twice a week with eggs, toast, and bacon

lunch- honestly I can not say, I almost always have a bowl of soup, fruit, along with probably 2 plates of whatever they have cooken that day...I'd say I consume around 600-700cal for lunch, and same for dinner, Ive recorded it on mypryamid 6-7 times, depending on what I ate that day, and it usually comes out to be that....

Dinner-same as lunch

snacks- I always eat a packet of peanut butter crackers, and I usually have one cookie, and chex mix...but the cookie and chex mix at night ive been slacking on, i will admit that.

shake- I use truemass 2 scoops along with olive oil, and peanut butter-huge scoop....

I take creatine, aminos, fishoil, and im on natadrol right now, been on it for bout 5 weeks now...its okay, I would not rant about it...its weird last semester, after first few weeks of lfting, the pain would stop all together, now, the next day my body just kills on the part that I worked from the other day...and my lifts have not gone up at all.....only for the arms...anyone know why?

so there it is...I'm jsut starting to try working out every other day, see if that helps, but would doing even less help me gain the weight? like work out twice a week?

Hope I get some responses...Thanks guys!
Sounds like you don't really know what you're doing and are just doing something and hoping it works - definitely NOT the way to get results or see progress. Working out every other day is not the answer, nor is working out only once a week.

If you're not getting results, it's because:
1. Your NUTRITION sucks - you're not eating enough, and what you ARE eating is far from desirable; and
2. Your TRAINING is hit and miss and not set up for gaining mass.

As bdcc said, "Go and get a good trainer" - this would be the best option for you, IMO.

If you don't want to, then read and do some personal research for yourself. Start by reading articles on your body goal. Gaining Muscle contains nutrition, supplementation, and training articles. As far as training, read How To Maximize Mass Through Weights And Adaptation for comprehensive information on how to set up a training programme for mass.

~Rosie~
The Primordial Woman

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It has 14 grams of sugar per serving
so if i made 3 shakes a day like a do, with true mass, id be getting 42 grams of sugar a day by shakes alone. i dont like that. and it would last me, if im lucky, 2 weeks. and it only has 630 cals. i get over 800 in my own shakes and saves me money

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
u can find a training routine on this site that would best suit you. what i think u need is DIET majorly. "one cookie at night and sometimes i dont even get that?" what is this?!?!?! one cookie?! eat up boy!!! shuv your face with chicken and oatmeal

linus420

Awards
so if i made 3 shakes a day like a do, with true mass, id be getting 42 grams of sugar a day by shakes alone. i dont like that. and it would last me, if im lucky, 2 weeks. and it only has 630 cals. i get over 800 in my own shakes and saves me money
didnt you just say something about mixing ice cream in a protein shake....14gs of sugar 3 times a day isnt going to make any noticeable difference in your appearance

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
if u weigh 135 like him it doesnt matter. go on any of these forums and see if anybody suggests taking true mass. i used to take weight gainers also. till i had teaching on this website. 3 years later i know better now. they suggest not to use weight gainers, especially bsn for a reason. if it works for you, then cool. but most of us on AM arent gonna waste money on that. my 15 year old cousin is 6'1" 220. he used to use true mass, syntha six and serious mass. i told him how to make ur own shake and combined with eating us a$$ off he is gaining about a pound or 2 a week.

Doubravkody

Awards
Thanks alot! sorry for the late response, ,havent been on in a while...and been sick, but I feel real good now, and your suggestions is the best!
but all of you guys are right, I've been slacking on my eating habits...and I bought whey...90 servings... I think my main problem is not getting in enough protein as well...I'm going to workout 3 days a week like you said, see how it goes...I'm gonna eat like a cow again....I have to extend my stomach, i got sick for a while and my appetite got ruined, i also think thats why i havent been gaining, but today I ate like a a beast, and I think my hunger is back....and nadadrol did **** for me....I'm done taking supplements, except for the basics...till i get a lil bit older!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks alot! sorry for the late response, ,havent been on in a while...and been sick, but I feel real good now, and your suggestions is the best!
but all of you guys are right, I've been slacking on my eating habits...and I bought whey...90 servings... I think my main problem is not getting in enough protein as well...I'm going to workout 3 days a week like you said, see how it goes...I'm gonna eat like a cow again....I have to extend my stomach, i got sick for a while and my appetite got ruined, i also think thats why i havent been gaining, but today I ate like a a beast, and I think my hunger is back....and nadadrol did **** for me....I'm done taking supplements, except for the basics...till i get a lil bit older!

cant forget carbs! they will help u put on some weight. bagels have like 50 grams of carbs in just one of em! pasta, oatmeal, potatoes...etc. dont forget carbs.

JComp

Awards
You need to get your training and diet down before supplements like natadrol will help. Natadrol wont help when you eat 2000 cals and work out once a week.

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
lift heavy 4-5 times a week, eat alot of protein, and everything else you can get ur hands onn and make sure u get ur sleep and rest in.

JComp

Awards
If you cant cook, get a george forman grill and a bag of chicken breasts. Cook a whole bag and that should be enough for 3-5 days of chicken that way you get some real food instead of the crap they serve on campus.