bulking diet give me advice on wht u think

maddog28

Awards
  • Established
7a.m break fast 5 egg whites.. home made gainer 2 scoop whey cup oats milk greek yogurtpeanut butter.

10 am 8 oz chicken cup brown rice

1 pm 8 oz chicken cup brown rice

3pm peanut butter sandwhich or tuna dont know which is better but alternate

6pm 8 oz chicken cup brown rice

8pm what ever mom cooks for dinner

im 17 years old 193lbs 5'10 i play football now so its hard to eat b4 practise thts why its a sandwhich lol im trying to bulk manily clean as i can i am looking to get to around 215-220 around 15-16% bf around april ...then cut to about 205 and get to 10-11% bf ..

btw i play fullback in the navy offense so im like a power back i get the ball like 20 times again instead of a normal fullbackwho gets it 3-5 times a game. currently brok school record last week rushed for 280 yards on 23 carries i have 595 yards the past 3 games ..first game i played linebacker and had 10 tackles nd got 5 carries in the 4th quarter cuz our starting fullback got hurt nd had 20 yards on 5 carries so they started me the next week at fullback and ever since they left me in thier and the other kid rides the bench now lol i was always better then him but coaches son you know how that goes.

plz help with my diet if u have any advice!!!!

SRS2000

Awards
  • Established
You really only have a couple choices. You either have to add in additional snacks or you have to eat more at the times you are already eating. Increase your portions or add some calorie dense foods like nuts to what you are eating now. Keep increasing the calories until you get the desired results. When you are young and active it's generally not that complicated, you just have to keep increasing your caloric intake until you are gaining weight.

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
How many calories is this... Give me that info and I can start piecing this apart because right now I really dont like the looks of this. Just wana get an idea how much your actually eating here.

Btw I know your 17, but the what ever mom makes for dinner if your serious is not going to work well you. Random variables in diet is not a good thing. it could be 200 cals one night or 2000k the night in one meal. You need to be more exact if your serious. I was once your age and had to do my own cooking to get where I wanted go.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Add in fruit to your first meal and pre-practice meal. Also, have at least 2-3 more servings of vegetables throughout they day. Your diet is highly acidic and can lead a variety of subclinical deficiencies in minerals.

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
log all that in fitday.com and see what the macros turn out to be.
up the calories if you're not gaining ~1lb./wk
seems to be pretty low protein.

are you lifting? what?

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
need some more fats....... chicken and rice = 0 fat

maddog28

Awards
  • Established
what type of fats and where should i add them?... i will get more specifics on my diet steelwolf nd i will up load them so u can help me man!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
EVOO, mixed nuts, coconut oil/milk, whole eggs

swan1209

Awards
  • Established
don't be afraid of whole eggs, they got a bad rap for a while but the cholesterol in them is generally considered a "good" cholesterol (HDL)

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yes, this diet looks waaaaay to lean. at least to me it does. my 15 yr old cousin is 6ft 1, 220 now and plays football. ive taught him how to eat. all he eats now is chicken, oatmeal, pasta, veggies and p&j along with shakes. of course he eats other stuff, but those are his basic, everyday food. instead of eating one chicken breast, eat two and 2 cups of oatmeal followed by a light shake. that will stretch ur stomach as well. GOTTA EAT BIG

Dirty music

Awards
  • Established
i agree,add maybe another meal with a red meat(steak or %93 lean hamburger meat)and 3 whole eggs in the morning.with that,PB and milk you should be better.i dont go over half my body weight in in fats a day,even when i bulk so 193 = about 85 give or take.since you wanna stay lean those other protein choice are fine.that carb total seems kinda low,a cup of brown rice is about 40 carbs if im not mistaken so that only puts you at around 160 not count what your mom cooks

maddog28

Awards
  • Established
i have been switching one of my chicken meals with 12 oz ground beef a cup and a half brown rice and 2-3 slices of cheese

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
Looking at this its not a much of changing individual meals, but I think this thing needs an absolute overhall. I am very very picky when it comes to making a diet perfect.

maddog28

Awards
  • Established
can u give me like a sample diet like mabey a bulk diet you went on before?

maddog28

Awards
  • Established
can you post me that diet man and has any one used a good weghit gainer that worked and did not put on most fat because i am trying to stay as lean as possible

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
can you post me that diet man and has any one used a good weghit gainer that worked and did not put on most fat because i am trying to stay as lean as possible
Sorry man. I couldn't find a straight up bulking one. But I have some cutting ones that I'm using now so you can get an idea of how to set it up

maddog28

Awards
  • Established
i mean can u just give me an example of what my lunch and dinner meals should be.

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
i mean can u just give me an example of what my lunch and dinner meals should be.
Each meal is not a stand alone but part of the process. I cant just be like here are 2 and 4 solve the equation. You need all of the parts to solve it. A diet is not a matter of a meal here or there, but a complex equation of everything together.

Example my meal last meal feeds off what I've done earlier in the day.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
iso mass is the only and best weight gainer i will use if i dont make my own.

andrewcb

Awards
drink a gallon of whole milk a day....i basically gained 20 pounds in 2 months off this -_- along with shakes and big meals! i love fats but i deal with them good....20 pounds and not a gut at all on me still!

maddog28

Awards
  • Established
if i do a gallon whole milk a day ill blow up fat wise ...and it sucks for me when ever i gain fat it mainly goes to my obliques or how ever u spell tht like my shoulders legs back and chest are huge ...my thighs no joke i swear are 27 1/2 - 28 inches .....my arms just are not that huge any advice on how to get ur arms bigger and have abs like i know its going to be hard to get more cut abs when bulking but it suck u knowseeing ur stomach not b like it used to !... any advice i would love it im just trying to be the best i can and love all the advice and information i am getting!!!

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
drink a gallon of whole milk a day....i basically gained 20 pounds in 2 months off this -_- along with shakes and big meals! i love fats but i deal with them good....20 pounds and not a gut at all on me still!
20lbs of muscle in 2 months is flat out impossible no matter what drugs your on.

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
20lbs of muscle in 2 months is flat out impossible no matter what drugs your on.
Lyle Mcdonald http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/general-philosophies-of-muscle-mass-gain.html
I'd note that, under the right conditions (usually underweight high school kids), much faster rates of gain are often seen or reported. But these tend to be exceptions to the rule more than the norm and since I’m usually writing for the average male trainee who’s not 15 years old with raging hormones, I don’t consider those values very illustrative. And, occasionally, when the stars are right, and everything clicks, a true one pound per week of muscle mass gain may be seen for short periods. But again, that tends to be the exception.

Let me reiterate: the average male trainee is doing well to gain about 1/2 pound muscle per week, 2 pounds per month or about 24-26 pounds per year. I’d note that that will generally only happen in the first year of training and things slow down after that. A female may be gaining about half that much, 1 pound per month of actual muscle tissue or 10-12 pounds per year. I know it sucks but that’s reality

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
didnt say it was 20 pounds of muscle....it was just 20 pounds...maybe 6 of it muscle?
why would you want to gain 14lbs of fat for 6lbs of muscle. Doesn't make sense. Cause you have to lose all that fat later then gain back the lost muscle compared you gain 6lbs over 4 months and gain 1lb of fat.

maddog28

Awards
  • Established
do u think if i get up to 215 by april how much fat will i need to cut to be lean if i gain about 4lbs a month till mid april?

andrewcb

Awards
why would you want to gain 14lbs of fat for 6lbs of muscle. Doesn't make sense. Cause you have to lose all that fat later then gain back the lost muscle compared you gain 6lbs over 4 months and gain 1lb of fat.
imo a bulk should include fat....i deal with fat good and lose it fast...i went from 156 and now im 178< i been maintaining this weight for about a month and a half now< i figured the fat i get i will just burn it off slowly while gaining muscle to maitain a higher weight....only thing that got fat was my face and since just maintaining my weight i have lost most the fat off my face. after bulk is done...lose 1/4-1/2 lb fat gain 1/4-1/2 lb per week< plus being 156 you see how easy it be for me to gain weight

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
For a great way to get additional calories, check out the link in my signature!!!

I usually drink 1-2 of these shakes every day. You can easily get half of your daily calories in a couple drinkabler meals. This makes eating whole meal foods way easier and gives your jaw muscles a break from chewing all the damn time!

You can use whatever macronutrient ratios you want. For example, I generally shoot for a 30/40/30 ratio (proteins, carbs, fats) so when I'm making my shakes I usually shoot for about the same ratios. If anything goes up it's protein!

Here's an example of my favorite meal replacement shake:2 cups milk (whole or 2%, whatever your preference)
1/2 or 1 cup oatmeal (grind it up first into a powder using the blender)
1 or 1.5 scoops protein powder (preferebly a whey/casien blend)
1 ripe banana

If you end up using more oatmeal, you might want to add a little water or it may be thick. Just use extra water or milk to adjust this. If you want more calories, just add extra ingredients! You can also add peanut butter for extra flavor and calories (a lot of time I just eat the PB on a spoon and then drink the shake cause I think the shake tastes better without the PB).

If you're bulking and you're looking for extra ways to get calories in, this is among the best ways to do so. Aside from being easy and tasty, it's super CHEAP!!!

You can easily pack 800+ clean calories into a shake that tastes great and takes seconds to drink! The banana makes it taste like a milk shake.

So if I'm bulking and shooting for 3200 calories per day, I can drink two of these shakes spread throughout the day (I especially like them in the mornings cause i can get in 800-900 calories within minutes of waking up rather than having to cook something or eat a big bowl of oatmeal). That's 1600 easy calories! Then I'd probably just eat three more meals of around 530 calories to make up the other 1600, or three slightly smaller meals and a snack or two.

Enjoy bulking!

maddog28

Awards
  • Established
here is my revised diet guys
breakfast - 4 whole eggs a shake with 1 tbs evoo 1 cup oatmeal 3 eggs 1.5 scoops whey 2 cups skim milk 1 vinnila greek yogurt and 1 tbs peanut butter.
10:30 i eat 1 cup ground beef 1.5 cups brown rice 1 cup spinich
1- i eat protien bar 1 piece of double protien bread with lunch meat prob about 6-8oz turkey and a pear and protien shake
3 - 2 piece double protien bread with peanut butter and an apple
6- 1 cup ground beef with 1.5 cups rice and cup of spinich or instead of ground beef either 10-12 oz chicken or fish.
7- b4 work out my gainer shake from earlier except only 1 egg and 1 tbs evoo nd no peanutbutter
9 or 10-- 6-8oz chicken with 1 greek yogurt glass of milk and possible fruit , cottage cheese , or peanut butter and crackers

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i liek it..... better than before thats for sure, maybe jsut a lil more protein at that 3 o clock meal cuz pb dont got much and the protein from the bread prolly aint a complete protein u know what im sayin but even so, still pretty solid

andrewcb

Awards
make your own protein bars...its alot cheaper and better imo! i posted a receipe in the receipe section some time back! other then that looks solid...but imo still seems like alot of food still.. dont 1 cup=8oz or roughly? looks to be well over 300 gram of protein not sure if i added it right just did a quick "in my head" count. you could prob cut back on a few meals and add some to your 3 o clock....but hell if you can eat this and do it everyday why the hell not!?!? the more the better

maddog28

Awards
  • Established
should i instead of a protien shake at 1 should i have it at 3?

maddog28

Awards
  • Established
how many grams carb protien and fat shoud i be getting a day im at 198 now 15% BF?

maddog28

Awards
  • Established
honestly though im 17 and im prob leaner than 15% im trying to get to 215 17-18%bf at most then cut to 10%

bakkbakk

Awards
i would say eat and workout until you puke youre 17, quit worrying about your b.f percentage, tear them bastards heads off and worry about your figure later. If you work your ass off and leave everything on the field or in the gym you wont gain any fat, you will be stronger andquicker than you were before. **** bodybuilding and bodyfat percentages, worry about gettin full rides for ball