I'm so s**t at resting!

C

CrazyBassGuy

Awards
Hey guys,

I'm currently lean (ish) bulking.

I follow the 3 basic principles - Eat BIG, lift BIG, sleep BIG.

However, with 3 days heavy lifting a week, 1 day MMA a week, plus a fast approaching running event I am training for, and a love of mountain biking (and road biking) I could easily be working out twice a day every day!

I fully appreciate the need for rest to grow and its driving me crazy.

Anyone else get this problem ?

bashman

bashman

Awards
  • Established
What is your workout split? 3 days is not crazy amount of lifting bro, as long as you're getting rest in between and lift smart e.g. don't squat the day before you go biking.

I recently got a new temp job whilst I wait to go back to college. I work 12 - 10 6 days a week, where I am constantly lifting, pushing, pulling etc.... I just make sure I'm eating as much as I can (roughly 5000kcal ED) and getting enough ZZZZ.

Go by how you feel. If I don't feel fully rested, I just give the gym a miss.

BamaDog

BamaDog

Awards
I had a similar problem a while back, I was almost too active but then I would stay up kind of late and not get enough sleep at night, it really killed my gains. When I toned it down and slept more, including naps (gotta love college back in the day) I grew like a weed.

CCV3

CCV3

Awards
  • Established
I have the same problem as you do and I just gave up.
Some people live a poor/lavish (depending on how you want to look at it) lifestyle and can just crash for 8-12 hours a day. I personally have a lot of things to do and no matter how much I am into bb I am not going to sleep in for muscle growth. I get 6-8 (max) hours a night, occasionally my body will crash for 12 maybe once every 2 weeks if I am lucky.

That's my lifestyle, and I'm not going to spend less time doing things I like just to sleep so my body can release more GH. That's me though...

D

drewsky90

Awards
then dont worry about getting bigger/stronger/faster

S

Sweekaters

Awards
Matt Kroc broke powerlifting records while only sleeping 3-4 hours a night. His training regime was insane too, and he worked 90+ hours a week. The human body is very adaptable, just keep training, you can rest when you're dead.

malou

malou

Awards
dayum 3 hours a nigth? thats insane.. so is 90 hours a week, man thats dedication.