Don't think I'm eating enough

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
This is the diet I am on currently. Sun-Thurs as follows:

1 Grilled Chicken Breast about 6oz (seasoned)
1 Steak (grilled, nothing fancy) about 6oz
2 Hard boiled eggs - eating only 20% yolk of each
1 Turkey and Ham(5-6 thin slices each) sandwhich with nonfat American Cheese (2 slices)
1 Yoplait light yogurt
1 Kashi granola bar
1 Banana
1 Whey Protein Shake 1 scoop - using 2% reduced fat milk
2 Large Celery Stalks

Weekends I have trouble sticking to a formatted and scheduled diet which I am working hard to correct.

Overall I don't think this is enough food per day though. What do you think?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, you're about 1000 kcals short of where you need to be. More fats, proteins, and carbs are needed.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
You are correct. I agree not eating enough. Why not eat the whole eggs? I agree with rodja you need to add at least 1000 cals of well balanced macros.

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
As far as the egg yolk, I'm trying to limit my fat intake because I have a little excess in the midsection that I want to get rid of.

For the extra 1000 calories, what options would yall suggest. I could throw in a can of tuna, another banana, steamed veges.(i dont think that would help much though?) What else? Open to ideas. I'm thinking a second chicken breast also.

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
As far as the egg yolk, I'm trying to limit my fat intake because I have a little excess in the midsection that I want to get rid of.

For the extra 1000 calories, what options would yall suggest. I could throw in a can of tuna, another banana, steamed veges.(i dont think that would help much though?) What else? Open to ideas. I'm thinking a second chicken breast also.
Whats your cardio look like?

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
Oh man, not good. I walk the parking lot to the building, and then again after work. I go up and down 3 flights of stairs about 2-3 times per day. Before my workout I do 12 minutes on level 5 of the stairmaster.

It just seems that with all this food and all the water im gulping down.. i just have excess fat that wont go away for some reason.

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
I think the problem is I'm trying to bulk and lose fat at the same time, its not a very easy task and I will admit I am not 100% disciplined. Weekends are my fail.

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
I think the problem is I'm trying to bulk and lose fat at the same time, its not a very easy task and I will admit I am not 100% disciplined. Weekends are my fail.
Here are the 2 trains of thought when bulking. The first and most unhealthy is that you eat anything and everything and watch the scale go up, knowing that you are putting on a ton of fat. As long as your strength is going up then you continue to do this until you hit about 15lbs past your desired weight. Next you spend your time doing crazy cardio and still lifting, eating maintenance calories. This is called cutting. You will shed lbs but some fat is hard to get rid of.

The next one takes a little longer but you eat slightly better, but incorporate high intensity cardio and low intensity cardio into your weekly routine as you hit the gym. You wont see the scale fly up but you also wont be as fat as the first one, and you will be healthier. Bulking this way takes a lot of preplanning and most people aren't disciplined enough or patient enought to do it.

SilverBullet7

Awards
You can't do a workout for bulking while trying to lose fat like said but while many guys don't want to hear this I've seen it done and it works...slim down cut your fat and bulk lean...it comes to a better build just may take a little longer

SRS2000

Awards
  • Established
You're going to have to decide what your main priority is and go with that. Unless you are brand new to training, you aren't going to lose fat and bulk at the same time. You can bulk while keeping fat gain to a minimum, but actually losing fat and bulking at the same time isn't likely to happen. You sound more concerned with losing fat in my opinion. Work on losing fat until you are at reasonable level you can live with. Then you can work on gain weight while keeping fat gain to a minimum. This stuff takes discipline and time so you have to be patient.

Hondaman1010

Hondaman1010

Awards
You can bulk put on lean mass and lean out, loose weight at the same time. But if your diet isn't there you might as well just loose some weight then try to gain, but then again if your diet isn't right after dropping weight you will just put back on ****ty weight.

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
This is a dilemna a lot of us face. You need to make a decision and find it within yourself to focus on what you really want. You have to dig down deep inside and gut it out with the cardio for 45 minutes to an hour on the stepmill 5-6 days a week. Then train 4-5 days a week doing 15-20 sets per body part. Compound sets, and machines. If you eat more clean carbs, and add in some good fats you will gain muscle and shed some bodyfat. You can do it bro. I just did my second contest while being on a ship. Take care

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
I think losing body fat is going to end up being what I want to focus most on. As always with me its mission impossible when I want to do something. I always go balls to the wall. For example, I'm trying to save up a few more bucks, so I'm working 55 hours a week. 11 hours a day excluding lunch, drive time, gym time.

Anyhow for this week I have modified the food slightly

Chicken breasts are about 8oz,
Steaks are actually about 5.5oz
--removed-- hard boiled eggs.
--removed-- bananas
added-- ~1 1/4 cup multigrain cheerios
added-- 1 cup trail mix
added-- 1 peach
added-- 1 can tuna fish in water
added-- 2 string cheese made with 2% milk

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
I should probably move this thread to the nutrition/health section now.

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
lol, yeah. Its cool man. Sounds good. Good luck to ya