Thinking about GOMAD

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
I am thinking about trying the Gallon of Milk a Day diet. Can anyone who has done the diet give me some pointers or anymore info. I want to know everything about it before I decide to try it.

If I do the diet it will be for 30 days and combined with heavy lifting and only light cardio, so I'm guessing the fat content might be high. I would use whole milk too.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Uhhh, do it for a few months at least.. Recovery is pretty fast.. It is ok I guess..

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
I could do it for a few. I am just looking for something to get back into the game with. Just bought a house and had to do a few projects on it, so needless to say my gym time was minimal. But now I'm back.

My reputation disappeared too. Guess you cant not log in for a month!!

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I could do it for a few. I am just looking for something to get back into the game with. Just bought a house and had to do a few projects on it, so needless to say my gym time was minimal. But now I'm back.

My reputation disappeared too. Guess you cant not log in for a month!!
LOL, everyone had a reputation reset.

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
LOL, everyone had a reputation reset.
This isn't the first time they have done that. When they put the new board up years ago they did it too.

How much water should I drink while on GOMAD. I would think all that milk would make it hard to drink water too.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This isn't the first time they have done that. When they put the new board up years ago they did it too.

How much water should I drink while on GOMAD. I would think all that milk would make it hard to drink water too.
Bout a half gallon..

It gets a ton easier after the first week..
Just gotta get past it man..

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
Did you notice any gains that weren't all fat?

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Did you notice any gains that weren't all fat?
The little fat that I put on was midsection.

I did have minimal gains is lean mass though, was noticeable, but nothing to brag about..

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I read up on this a couple weeks ago when someone else mentioned looking into trying it. Everything they write about it makes sense, but every bit of my instinct would say steer clear of this. Even if you're a hard-gainer, I would think there would be better ways to get the cals and nutrients. Best of luck if you do go this route, but my opinion would be to opt for something different.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I read up on this a couple weeks ago when someone else mentioned looking into trying it. Everything they write about it makes sense, but every bit of my instinct would say steer clear of this. Even if you're a hard-gainer, I would think there would be better ways to get the cals and nutrients. Best of luck if you do go this route, but my opinion would be to opt for something different.
I have done it, it isnt that bad.. Or that great..

ceo

Awards
milk puts the fat on me, but it's a good bulker too. Can elicit a nice insulin response.

Hillclimb95

Awards
I have a ton of experience with this diet. When I started reading about it, I was 180 lbs. and struggling to put on weight. I thought I ate "a ton of food", just like everyone else. I was willing to try anything to stay natty, so I started doing it. Within a month and a half, I was 200 pounds, and my the numbers were just flying up, I felt like a monster. This was two years ago. Since then, I have gone from a half gallon to a gallon a day and back again, but recently I started to feel like a diabetic (lethargy, no focus, ton of sugar in milk) after 6+ months of never missing a day of a gallon, so just be careful. Eat whatever you can while on this diet, it will be hard, but you can do it. Just do it for two months, then stop. You will maintain the muscle if you keep you cals up with quality food. FWIW, this is coming from a guy who was 155 lbs. and skinny his whole life, who could never seem to gain weight. I'm sitting at 220 with 15% BF, never touched a PH or gear, not as lean as I would like, but I'm not a 155lb. weakling anymore. Trust me, it works, and it is cheap, and natural. The reason it works is it is easy, no magic here. If you could get the same cals with clean foods down, you would get the same or better results. Problem is, few actually can 7 days a week. This diet makes it hard to cheat. No matter what you are getting 2K cals a day. Get used to people making fun of you for carrying milk everywhere, but they won't be laughing in 2 months.

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
I have a ton of experience with this diet. When I started reading about it, I was 180 lbs. and struggling to put on weight. I thought I ate "a ton of food", just like everyone else. I was willing to try anything to stay natty, so I started doing it. Within a month and a half, I was 200 pounds, and my the numbers were just flying up, I felt like a monster. This was two years ago. Since then, I have gone from a half gallon to a gallon a day and back again, but recently I started to feel like a diabetic (lethargy, no focus, ton of sugar in milk) after 6+ months of never missing a day of a gallon, so just be careful. Eat whatever you can while on this diet, it will be hard, but you can do it. Just do it for two months, then stop. You will maintain the muscle if you keep you cals up with quality food. FWIW, this is coming from a guy who was 155 lbs. and skinny his whole life, who could never seem to gain weight. I'm sitting at 220 with 15% BF, never touched a PH or gear, not as lean as I would like, but I'm not a 155lb. weakling anymore. Trust me, it works, and it is cheap, and natural. The reason it works is it is easy, no magic here. If you could get the same cals with clean foods down, you would get the same or better results. Problem is, few actually can 7 days a week. This diet makes it hard to cheat. No matter what you are getting 2K cals a day. Get used to people making fun of you for carrying milk everywhere, but they won't be laughing in 2 months.
Solid post. I think you are right in many ways. Did you use whole milk?

Is GOMAD meant for whole milk or did anyone use different?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is GOMAD meant for whole milk or did anyone use different?
My understanding when reading it was that it calls for whole milk. At the very least, you do NOT want skim milk. Basically, the more steps you take away from whole, the less cals you'd be getting and less fats (just sugars). If you do take this route - go whole.

Hillclimb95

Awards
I have used whole, 2%, and skim. Honestly, all worked for me, and skim was easier to get down. The only thing you really don't get with skim is fat, but I already had a diet with enough fats in it. Everyone else recommends whole though, and that is what I would stick with. Skim does take away a big part of why GOMAD is supposed to work, and that is fat content. If you don't plan on drinking it year round, whole milk is best. CaponeCEO, I tried to PM you, but I'm not allowed yet.

ryan6f7

Awards
I tried it once with the super squat program and i loved it. Strength sky rocketed in all lifts. I also ate a lot of whole food along with the milk. It's pretty easy if you space it out and drink it during meals.

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
I have used whole, 2%, and skim. Honestly, all worked for me, and skim was easier to get down. The only thing you really don't get with skim is fat, but I already had a diet with enough fats in it. Everyone else recommends whole though, and that is what I would stick with. Skim does take away a big part of why GOMAD is supposed to work, and that is fat content. If you don't plan on drinking it year round, whole milk is best. CaponeCEO, I tried to PM you, but I'm not allowed yet.
I think you have to make a few posts before you can PM so start making some posts!!

I PMd you. See if you can respond back.