Stuck!!!!!!!!!! please help!

TomR2424

Awards
hey guys
im looking for advice on my workout/diet or suggestions, im currently 6'4and 240 pounds i have been lifting for a while now but i havent been gaining muscle but my strength keeps going up every week. i currently eat around 3500 calories a day it includes around 320 g of proetin. i lift 5 times a week and take the weekend off please any suggestions or comments would be appreciated thanks.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
hey guys
im looking for advice on my workout/diet or suggestions, im currently 6'4and 240 pounds i have been lifting for a while now but i havent been gaining muscle but my strength keeps going up every week. i currently eat around 3500 calories a day it includes around 320 g of proetin. i lift 5 times a week and take the weekend off please any suggestions or comments would be appreciated thanks.
There are several reasons why you may not be gaining muscle mass:
* You're not eating enough - this is the KEY factor when gains are not being made;
* Your training is not targeted for muscle gains;
* You've been training the same way for too long and your body has adapted to it; or
* You're not giving your body enough recovery - lifting 5 times a week when your goal is building muscle can sometimes be too much, especially if they're long sessions.

I recommend reviewing these Gaining Muscle articles for information on nutrition and training for muscle gains, and apply the principle there if you're not already.

~Team APPNUT

swollwilliams

swollwilliams

Awards
  • Established
you are making strength gains still, so there has to be some hpertrophy going on. i would def bump up the calories by at least 500 cal. instead of going 5 days straight with training, have you considered an off day somewhere in the middle of the week? it's tough to go balls out 5 days in a row. throw some good rich high calorie meals into your diet.. ultimately, i think you just gotta et more.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Weight Loss 7
General Chat 6
Bulking 62
Bulking 4
R1balla Bulking 37