Deadlift - Warm up with sets of 5 pyramiding up to 2 sets of 2

Box Squat - 3 sets of 5

Barbell Rows - 4 sets of 8

Leg Extension - 3-4 sets of 10-15

Kneeling Leg Curl - 3-4 sets of 10-15

Calves - 4 sets of 10-20

Weighted Decline Sit-ups - 4 sets of 10-20

Wednesday - ME Upper Body

Bench Press, Incline Barbell, Power Rack Incline, or Floor Presses may be used and/or alternated each ME UB workout. Warm up with sets of 5 until you reach your 3 rep range. Complete 2 to 3 sets of 3 then work at least 1 single in with a good negative.

Close Grip Bench - 3-4 sets of 6 to 8

Standing Front Military Barbell Press - 4 sets of 8

Weighted Dips - 4 sets of 8

Friday - Dynamic Effort Lower Body

Deadlift - 4 sets of 10-15

Jump Squats with Barbell (loaded or empty) - 4 sets of 10-15

Pull Ups - 4 sets of 8

Barbell Shrugs - 4 sets of 8

Seated Leg Curl - 3 sets of 10-15

Leg Press - 4 sets of 10-20

Calves - 4 sets of 10-20

Saturday - DE Upper Body

Incline DB Press - 4 sets of 10-15

Incline Cable Flys - 4 sets of 15

Incline Skull Crushes (keep elbows in, lower weight behind head for stretch) - 4 sets of 8 to failure

Barbell Curls - 4 sets of 8 to failure

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
15 reps seems too high.. I say do 8-12 reps per set. Too many reps and you burn a lot of cals and your muscles get trained for endurance..

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well this kinda has the same understand of HST. reps low, then medium, then high to hit all muscle fiber cells. have u had bad experiences with that idea?

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
well this kinda has the same understand of HST. reps low, then medium, then high to hit all muscle fiber cells. have u had bad experiences with that idea?
I just think 15 reps is def on the high point for hypertrophy, any higher and you just hit the muscle conditioning zone and too many burnt calories..

TexasRaised

TexasRaised

Awards
Gamer is right 8-12 is for hypertrophy, and anything above that is for endurance. What I would suggest is at the last set (or at the end of the set for that muscle) you could do it all the way to failure using a medium weight that you can for 15-20 times. if you lift 8-12 reps for 3 or 4 sets you've already trained your body for hypertrophy, but to train to failure on your last set it should break all the muscle fibers.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Gamer is right 8-12 is for hypertrophy, and anything above that is for endurance. What I would suggest is at the last set (or at the end of the set for that muscle) you could do it all the way to failure using a medium weight that you can for 15-20 times. if you lift 8-12 reps for 3 or 4 sets you've already trained your body for hypertrophy, but to train to failure on your last set it should break all the muscle fibers.
Dropsets/negatives for last failure set FTW!!!!

SRS2000

Awards
  • Established
You're not really doing a DE day if you are using 10-15 reps. It's more of a repetition effort (RE) day, but that's fine if that's what you are wanting to do. I would recommend doing your SQ movement first on this day since you are deadlifting first on your ME day. You also have leg presses, leg extensions, and 2 types of leg curls each week. I would just do one quad exercise and one hamstring exercise per week (put them on whatever lower body day you want). You are already getting alot of quad and hamstring work since you are squatting and deadlifting twice a week. I would also do a less stressful type of shrug for higher reps than barbell shrugs for 8 reps. You are already getting low and medium rep work for the traps with the DL's, so do something like DB shrugs for 20 reps as a finisher for the traps.
I think 15 reps is fine for mass building. Remember that for most sets of 15 reps the time under tension will be in the 30-60 second range, which is great for hypertrophy. So unless you are doing intentionally slow reps, I think 15 reps is just fine especially if you aren't relying exclusively on that rep range.

TexasRaised

TexasRaised

Awards
Dropsets/negatives for last failure set FTW!!!!
ooooo yeah, love doin em on chest with 10 5lb plates on each side. ever 5 reps take off 5lbs on each side. Talk about feeling the burn!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks guys. i usually rotate between my main 3 programs but i came up with this one a few days ago and wanted to see what others thought.