please help. stuck at 173

1. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.17%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

please help. stuck at 173

hey guys, this sounds like the other dudes thread but i need help for my body type. i am currently on a break because i havent been seeing strength gains in a while but i still get sore. honestly, i havent taken a break off in probably a year or so. i know, im just addicted to the gym. im 5ft 9, 173 and 7% BF. ive been off from training for about a week and a half. i plan on starting up monday, august 16th. i constantly rotate between 3 main workout programs i have kinda designed that work well for me. this is my problem, the week that i have been off, i have lost about 4 pounds, but i am eating the same as when i train. i dont know whats going on. ive kinda decided to do squats every other training day to see if my gains get better. any help would be awesome!

ok very random, but my rep power is now down to 18...i dunno if it is a glitch or what. i was over 2k....thats very weird. and i never get negged. i would give reps to ppl who help me...but kinda pointless now hahah
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.27%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Eat more....and then eat some more....and then after that eat some more.
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.17%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

hahaha i know. i already do. i eat as much as i can. doing clinicals and stuff i cant eat 24.7 i try to eat every 3 hours. i know, eat eat eat. thats the one thing im working on. do u think 2 weeks off from the gym is good or too much? not enough? i dont have personal experience in taking breaks

•   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.51%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    hahaha i know. i already do. i eat as much as i can. doing clinicals and stuff i cant eat 24.7 i try to eat every 3 hours. i know, eat eat eat. thats the one thing im working on. do u think 2 weeks off from the gym is good or too much? not enough? i dont have personal experience in taking breaks
    a lot of people say that and at the end of the day its like 2500 calories, post your average diet for the day. Please dont try and church it up, no one will rip you if its weak (some may) and that will be the best way to help you out.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.17%

Breakfast: Weight Gainer as soon as i wake up
    30 min later: 6 egg whites and a P&J sandwich

snack: a bowl of oatmeal or a big collosal protein bar with milk

Lunch: anything like tuna casserol, chicken with brown rice and broccoli, spaghetti, lasagna, stuff like that.

Snack: P&J with milk and a bowl of fruit

Pre workout: bowl of fruit and a glass of OJ with 2.5 grams of creatine mono

LIFT

Post workout: 2.5 g of creatine and weight gainer shake

Dinner: similar to lunch

Night: P&J with milk and almonds or something like that

6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.17%

about 3x a week i have a cheat meal also like BK, taco bell, pizza..etc

7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  206 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.06%

Try a month of JUST heavy squats, deads and benching. Those 3 are very key movements that add weight and strength. Sometimes your body needs to get back to basics to start new growth. It gets stagnant. You can eat gourmet food(finishing movements, 3 or 4 kinds of curls, etc) but sometimes you just want a cheese burger, meat and potato, etc(heavy compound movements).
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.56%

u allways been lean ? 173 pounds at 7 % bf thats pretty dam lean bro. If your tryn 2 bulk pick your calories up 4000+ a day

how tall are u ?

whats your workout look like ?
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.13%

If you're 7% BF and are losing lean mass then your cortisol levels may be spiking up. Consider the possibility that you're overtraining. Take a month and train less, eat more and don't skimp on sleep. Maybe even consider a cortisol control agent (Endo-Amp) since you're pushing you're body so hard.
  10. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.29%

My notes are in bold:

Breakfast: Weight Gainer as soon as i wake up You're better off doing 3scoops of a time release protein, a cup or two of half-n-half, 3TBSP PB, 2TBSP EVCO

30 min later: 6 egg whites and a P&J sandwich 6 WHOLE EGGS, not just the whites! Cholesterol is only significantly impacted by diet in a very scant minority of the populace.

snack: a bowl of oatmeal or a big collosal protein bar with milk

Lunch: anything like tuna casserol, chicken with brown rice and broccoli, spaghetti, lasagna, stuff like that. Double your portion size. Eating one chicken breast? Now you eat two.

Snack: P&J with milk and a bowl of fruit Need Protein here - 2scoops of whey, a protein bar, beef jerky, whatever.

Pre workout: bowl of fruit and a glass of OJ with 2.5 grams of creatine mono
    Kidney Problems or something? Add Protein here

LIFT

Post workout: 2.5 g of creatine and weight gainer shake

Dinner: similar to lunch

Night: P&J with milk and almonds or something like that And a wrack of baby back ribs to wrap things up for the night
    This'll take care of the weight problem. Two-weeks off is fine.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  11. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.17%

my weight gainer shakes are the shizz but thats for your input. im 5ft 8. i do have cheat meals, like i said, about 4 of em a week, maybe more. but i dont wanna gain alot of fat. sure im bulking, but not a dirty bulk. ive always been very lean. takes alot for me to gain any weight, even fat. i never do cardio. just watch my diet. if i get over 10% BF i will jump rope and it goes down. lean is easy for me. bulking isnt. my training isnt the issue. i think i just have a super fast metabolism maybe and i need to eat more food. i rotate between 3 routines i have.

number 1 - 5x5

number 2 - mon - chest tues - back wed - off thurs - arms friday - legs Sat and Sun off

number 3 - mon - chest and back tues - legs - wed - off thurs chest and back fri - legs sat - arms sun - off

this is my basic three way split rotation. i hate upper body/lower body splits. it works for some, for me no lol and HST i have tried and i hated it. i am actually thinking about doing squats every other workout and see if i can gain mass. i just dont have all day to eat like some ppl do...not sayin u guys do, i just have friends who do...so i cant sit at home all day and eat. i do clinicals for school at the hospital and i eat as much as i can. i say i gotta take a crap but i go eat my sandwiches i made lol

so advice so far is, if im correct: eat more, do heavy compound lifts, and eat more and more and more.

i guess ima throw in an extra weight gainer shake in there. any other advice?

for those who are curious, my shakes consist of the following: milk, lots of ice, banana, other fruit, oatmeal oats, 2 scoops of whey, ice cream, evoo, honey, and flax seed.

12. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.17%

as far as the chicken breast, i eat about 2 or 3 of them depending on how much i wanna cook lol

and my pre workout meal, i keep it light because i dont want my blood to be absorbing that while i workout. i want it focused on my muscles, not digestion so i eat fruit but if protein works for you i will try it

13. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42%

Fats before bed helped me. I would eat some straight peanut butter before I went to sleep last time I was trying to bulk. Helped me pack some pounds on.
  14. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.29%

so advice so far is, if im correct: eat more, do heavy compound lifts, and eat more and more and more.

i guess ima throw in an extra weight gainer shake in there. any other advice?

for those who are curious, my shakes consist of the following: milk, lots of ice, banana, other fruit, oatmeal oats, 2 scoops of whey, ice cream, evoo, honey, and flax seed.
    I assumed by "weight gainer" you meant a purchased, overpriced gainer laden with maltodextrin and crap. That stuff you're making is way better - yeah, just keep on using that.

as far as the chicken breast, i eat about 2 or 3 of them depending on how much i wanna cook lol

and my pre workout meal, i keep it light because i dont want my blood to be absorbing that while i workout. i want it focused on my muscles, not digestion so i eat fruit but if protein works for you i will try it
    Gotta make sure there's plenty of substrate for all that new muscle you wanna build - that means protein should be in your bloodstream while you lift. You can make gains in other ways, but this is one of the easiest things I've found that really helps.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  15. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.17%

no, i do not mean purchased weight gainers. i used to like 2 years ago, but now i make my own weight gainers

16. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.17%

Quote Originally Posted by mjr5214 View Post
    Fats before bed helped me. I would eat some straight peanut butter before I went to sleep last time I was trying to bulk. Helped me pack some pounds on.
    ya i used to do that, but now i make my shake. i guess i am gona have to do both lol thanks dude

17. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.09%

176 was my sticking point for a long time. I used to eat until i didn't feel hungry. To get past it I upped my protein to 2 1/2 times my body weight and at each meal i ate as fast as I could and stuffed myself until I couldn't move. I have a hard time keeping weight on. If I don't follow my diet I drop pounds fast. Recently I took a month off and focused on other things- I lost 12 pounds. Here are some things that help me. I put milk in gatorade containers and take them to work. 40 grams of protein. They're great if I can't get a meal and they're good to wash down peanut butter. I also keep a couple cans of tuna and a can opener with me as well as a gallon water container. Don't forget your water. Since its easy for me to lose weight, I add some little cheat snacks all the time and take every opportunity to enjoy food. I stay around 250 most of the time but if I'm not watching my food intake I can easily drop down to 220.
  18. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.17%

thanks so much!! thats the exact problem i have. if i dont eat or train, i lose weight. im lucky these past 2 weeks ive only lost 1 pound. i hate being a natural lifter also. i have resources to get juice i just choose not to but sometimes i wish i was on a cycle. ive always been small, as in a small frame. some ppl can put on the weight easily. lucky me i cant lol im gonna also try to eat more carbs as well as up my protein intake

19. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.51%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Ressolve gave a lot of good points here, I'd sick with that for a while. Diet is everything in this sport. Try those for a few weeks and report back.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.39%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Follow what resolve said.
  21. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.02%

Man that diet is WEAK SAUCE!!! haha sorry, but that is exactly why you are losing weight while working out. Eat a MEAL every six hours. I'm talking like .7-1.0 lb chicken with 2 cups riced (pre-cooked) and maybe a few boiled eggs and a protein shake. Also, when I bulk I drink milk with every meal I eat. I firmly believe it really helps me put on weight. I mean, what's the first thing any human consumes when they need to start growing?? MILK.

And don't worry about necessarily what you are eating if you're really desperate to gain. A lot of people will throw fractions of fats/carbs/proteins you need to be eating and GI of different carb rich meals. Eff that, just eat everything you can. I just ate a hamburger pattie, french fries, and ice cream after finishing my dinner of what I listed above. Yea, it is unhealthy for a larda$$ that sits at home all day and doesn't bust a$$ at the gym, but for me it gets me bigger...
    EatTrainSleepEatTrainSleepEatT rainSleepEatTrainSleepEatTrain SleepEatTrainSleepEatTrainSlee pEatTrainSleepEatTrainSleepEat TrainSleepEatTrainSleepEatTrai nSleepEatTrainSleep
  22. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.17%

that diet i posted is just my general diet. sure i have cheat meals. and if im at a friends house and we have pizza ill have that. i drink alot of milk also. ive gotten to 177 on this diet before, i dunno why i lost a few during my off week

23. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.17%

and over the summer i cooked chicken like 24/7 and im very tired of the same taste lol

24. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.17%

dude i put half and half in my shakes and it tasted straight up nasty lol i guess ill do half of that and half whole milk or something. or just get used to the taste

25. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  285 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.65%

Easy bulk tips - drink milk. Every time you take in any sort of meal add 16 oz of milk. Add in a scoop or two or protein powder if you want.

Up your fats. Wayyy up. Add 6 hard boiled eggs to each meal. Add a handful of walnuts to each as well.

When in doubt, add in a steak.
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.39%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

7% is really lean. I'm not saying your not 7% but I feel I was close to 12-14 in my avitar. Really that is not a bf I think I would be able to stay at If I was serious about putting on mass. But everyones different.
  27. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.2%

Make more shakes. It is really hard to eat solid food when you don't have an appetite.

Add peanut butter, milk, protein powder, ice cream, olive oil, oats or whatever. This will get around 200 calaries in no time.
  28. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.17%

Quote Originally Posted by MM11 View Post
    7% is really lean. I'm not saying your not 7% but I feel I was close to 12-14 in my avitar. Really that is not a bf I think I would be able to stay at If I was serious about putting on mass. But everyones different.
    i got a 6 point skin fold test four times over a period of 4 weeks. im 7% BF. i know i am. i do it at my house also and make my bro do it and it comes out the same everytime. sometimes higher, sometimes lower, but not by much. ive always been very lean. i have a hard time bulking. i dont hold fat too well. so when i do bulk, it turns into a clean bulk almost.

29. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.17%

Quote Originally Posted by anoopbal View Post
    Make more shakes. It is really hard to eat solid food when you don't have an appetite.

Add peanut butter, milk, protein powder, ice cream, olive oil, oats or whatever. This will get around 200 calaries in no time.
    ive been making between 2 to 3 and my shakes consist of all that u said and more. how much calories do u think this shake has (about)

1 cup of milk, ice, 1 large banana, 2 raw eggs, 2 scoops of whey, ice cream, oats, evoo, honey, one spoon full of PB.

30. New Member
    Stats
    6'6"  340 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.31%

you need too eat big and lift heavy squats deadlifts and bench and your body will grow trust me I went from 6'6 150 pounds 25yrs. ago to my current weight of 340 pounds by just eating and lifting huge amounts of weights.
  31. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.17%

thanks bro! i just started a new program. its in one of my threads i posted about a week ago. it revolves around heavy squats and deads. its more of a strongman routine and ima try that for a while and see how things go for me.

32. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.8%

Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    Eat more....and then eat some more....and then after that eat some more.
    yeah...seems like you need some xtra cals
  33. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.91%

Not to steal attention but I'm in the same boat and I eat massive amounts every 2 hours.
    I'm 6'1" and 174lbs with body fat of about 5% my stregnth is very good except bench s slacking and I want to gain more size

Breakfast: about 10 or 11 egg whites no yolkand 2 bags of oameal with a cytogainer shake to drink
    Snack: 2 baked potatoes with cheeseand stringbeans
    Then gym I workout heavy for about two hours and eat a granola or banana or something small duringlifting. I lift heavy and do a lot of dead and squat and bench
    After lift: potato and cytogainer with extra creatine glutamine and bcaa
    Snack: usually something small like a bowl of pasta or rice
    Dinner: chicken steak ribs any meat and any veg and of course a potato
    Then another cytogainer shake before bed.

I literally can not eat anymore
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.71%

If you care about gaining too much fat on a bulk, then I'd try upping your calories by 100 each month depending on how many pounds you're gaining.
  35. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  285 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.65%

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBullet7 View Post
    Not to steal attention but I'm in the same boat and I eat massive amounts every 2 hours.
    I'm 6'1" and 174lbs with body fat of about 5% my stregnth is very good except bench s slacking and I want to gain more size

Breakfast: about 10 or 11 egg whites no yolkand 2 bags of oameal with a cytogainer shake to drink
    Snack: 2 baked potatoes with cheeseand stringbeans
    Then gym I workout heavy for about two hours and eat a granola or banana or something small duringlifting. I lift heavy and do a lot of dead and squat and bench
    After lift: potato and cytogainer with extra creatine glutamine and bcaa
    Snack: usually something small like a bowl of pasta or rice
    Dinner: chicken steak ribs any meat and any veg and of course a potato
    Then another cytogainer shake before bed.

I literally can not eat anymore

I was going to start a "why no egg yolks" rant but after looking over your diet again, I'll just generally rant. WTF - this isn't a diet. Do you have a clue what your macros are? Why is the first time I see steak or chicken at dinner???? Am I missing something?

Second - if you are in the gym for 2 hrs and you are an overly lean hardgainer then you've identified the problem right there.

I could go on and on but I'm too tired. You need to hire someone to teach you about training and nutrition. You've got gigantic gaps in your knowledge.
  36. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.17%

176 today!

37. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.91%

My diet is like this because I'm at college and this is the best I can do
  38. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.17%

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBullet7 View Post
    My diet is like this because I'm at college and this is the best I can do
    im at college also bro.u can do it. take a lunch sack and fill it with chicken breast and sandwiches and stuff. i just started to do that

Similar Forum Threads

1. Stuck!!!!!!!!!! please help!
    By TomR2424 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-21-2010, 10:33 PM
  2. ok cut from 265 to 208 and stuck
    By skratch in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-01-2010, 12:24 PM
  3. STUCK! HELP!