Hit a plateau... stuck at 190lbs

  1. Hit a plateau... stuck at 190lbs


    I've been gaining steady since my bulk and on average I eat between 3500 and 4000 calories a day but for about a month I've been stuck at 190lbs. Strength has been improving steadily. As for supps I'm currently taking 5g creatine a day, a multi, whey after workouts only and a gainer.



    Any recommendations on what I can do to break my plateau?


  2. Change your routine a little(or a lot). Reps in the 6-8 range with HEAVY weight. Add a half or whole gallon of milk a day. Make protein with it or just drink it. Get more sleep.
    The recipe to grow is:
    Eat, train, sleep, repeat.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by reptone View Post
    Change your routine a little(or a lot). Reps in the 6-8 range with HEAVY weight. Add a half or whole gallon of milk a day. Make protein with it or just drink it. Get more sleep.
    The recipe to grow is:
    Eat, train, sleep, repeat.
    I change my routine often and I do the "Reps in the 6-8 range with HEAVY weight" thing. I also try to get 8 hours of sleep on average.
    •   
       


  4. Increase your calories to 4500. How much protein are you eating a day?

  5. Quote Originally Posted by DenDestroys View Post
    Increase your calories to 4500. How much protein are you eating a day?
    You really don't think I'm eating enough with 3500-4000 calories and working out 3 times a week?

    I just checked my protein intake (I track everything I eat) and it's on average 200g of protein a day.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by The Rob View Post
    I change my routine often and I do the "Reps in the 6-8 range with HEAVY weight" thing. I also try to get 8 hours of sleep on average.
    OK. Then eat more.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by The Rob View Post
    You really don't think I'm eating enough with 3500-4000 calories and working out 3 times a week?

    I just checked my protein intake (I track everything I eat) and it's on average 200g of protein a day.
    If you have a fast metabolism you can eat 4k and not gain.
    Also try a body part a day. Back, chest, legs,arms. abs you can do whenever you want. Do 2 days on, 2 off. Add deads and squats if you don`t already do them.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by reptone View Post
    If you have a fast metabolism you can eat 4k and not gain.
    Also try a body part a day. Back, chest, legs,arms. abs you can do whenever you want. Do 2 days on, 2 off. Add deads and squats if you don`t already do them.
    Fast metabolism to say the least, lol.
    As for squats and deadlifts, they are a must and I've always done them.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by The Rob View Post
    Fast metabolism to say the least, lol.
    As for squats and deadlifts, they are a must and I've always done them.
    Well like I said, 3 things determine growth. Diet, training and sleep. If you are sleeping 8 hours, you feel your training is on, then all that leaves is diet. Add a gallon of milk a day. combined with that add more carbs. Fruit later in the day. Add peanut butter. Just watch that you don`t start gaining bad(fat) weight. Unles you are doing an all out anilnal bulk but I can`t see that with out doing some form of anabolic(not recommending just commenting).

  10. Quote Originally Posted by The Rob View Post
    I've been gaining steady since my bulk and on average I eat between 3500 and 4000 calories a day but for about a month I've been stuck at 190lbs. Strength has been improving steadily. As for supps I'm currently taking 5g creatine a day, a multi, whey after workouts only and a gainer.



    Any recommendations on what I can do to break my plateau?
    Strength has been increasing, what's the problem? It's not like you're bulking in attempt to get fat.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Killerkanadia View Post
    Strength has been increasing, what's the problem? It's not like you're bulking in attempt to get fat.
    I want to gain lean muscle mass....

  12. How fast to you expect to gain lean muscle mass?

  13. Quote Originally Posted by reptone View Post
    OK. Then eat more.
    lol this really is the only solution, im living proof

    how much i eat dictates my weight the following day(s)

  14. I'd say eat more if your certain your not getting muscle gains. However usually if your strength is going up to are gaining muscle. Remember too that it doesn't matter if your eat 4k, 5k or 6k calories if it's not a surplus at the end of the day your not gaining muscle. Also remember some peoples bodys naturally have adjustments that they make to try to remain at the weight or bodyfat that they are naturally. Some people will start figgiting or moving more, or slight up regulation of the metabolism.

  15. Floor press and set you clock to 2am and drink a Weight ganier!!!!
    Diet is always the key to unlocking the door of success


  16. Quote Originally Posted by islandmagic View Post
    Floor press and set you clock to 2am and drink a Weight ganier!!!!
    There is actually some validity to this. Eat before bed or drink a gainer in the middle of the night. You might not gain muscular weight butr it WILL pack on some weight if that`s what you want.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by reptone View Post
    There is actually some validity to this. Eat before bed or drink a gainer in the middle of the night. You might not gain muscular weight butr it WILL pack on some weight if that`s what you want.
    I don't like the whole wake-up-in-the-middle-of-the-night thing but I do drink a 1000 calorie shake right before bed. So far it has worked great.

  18. Waking up durring the middle of the night is stupid. Sleep is very important and to disrupt it is a horrible idea. A casin or milk isolate shake will take our body hours to digest anyways. Just eat a large meal if you want before bed.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by ZamaMan View Post
    Waking up durring the middle of the night is stupid. Sleep is very important and to disrupt it is a horrible idea. A casin or milk isolate shake will take our body hours to digest anyways. Just eat a large meal if you want before bed.
    Agreed. I wasn`t suggesting getting up for a shake. Only if you wake up hungry.

  20. Pretty simple...up the calories till you gain...

  21. Quote Originally Posted by The Rob View Post
    I want to gain lean muscle mass....

    If I had a dime for every...
    EatTrainSleepEatTrainSleepEatT rainSleepEatTrainSleepEatTrain SleepEatTrainSleepEatTrainSlee pEatTrainSleepEatTrainSleepEat TrainSleepEatTrainSleepEatTrai nSleepEatTrainSleep

  22. pizza time dude

  23. lets see your 190lbs meaning that like 3950-4300 is maint kcal, protien 300-380grams, carbs should be like 380-500, and fats should be like 100-240. so you wanna gain, take 2 months off from werking out but keep eating the same thing, and yes if you wake up to piss in the middle of the nyte suck back an 8 oz casein shake.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by The Rob View Post
    I've been gaining steady since my bulk and on average I eat between 3500 and 4000 calories a day but for about a month I've been stuck at 190lbs. Strength has been improving steadily. As for supps I'm currently taking 5g creatine a day, a multi, whey after workouts only and a gainer.



    Any recommendations on what I can do to break my plateau?
    I would suggest looking into Anabolic Pump. For me it has been working pretty good, it breaks down complex carbs so that more can go to your muscles. Also shocking your system might work, so like fast for a whole day and then the next day eat tons of good fats (avacados, dates, nuts, etc...)

  25. Eat like its going out of style.

    The milk guy is spot on (reps coming.) When I want to lean bulk I add an EXTRA glass to milk to every meal I take. Pretty much kills an extra gal a day. But it works.

    Total cals matter. Once you stop growing at a certain level of cals then up it 500 until you stop growing again. Everyone's number is different. I cut on about 4800 cals/day and still lose 1-2lbs a week. I'm in the 6-7k range when I'm trying to grow.


    When was your last deload? If you've been making good gains for a while you might be overtrained. Take a week off.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by UGHQTempus View Post
    I cut on about 4800 cals/day and still lose 1-2lbs a week. I'm in the 6-7k range when I'm trying to grow.

    Fuuck...
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. !!!PLATEAU????--Why me??
    By chrisrob05 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-14-2011, 04:45 PM
  2. Plateau
    By luelinks in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-14-2010, 06:47 PM
  3. Looking for help with plateau
    By gettobird22 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-25-2009, 02:08 PM
  4. Road to 190lbs - Keepin' it simple
    By auroch in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-26-2007, 07:31 PM
Log in
Log in