cereal before bed time...

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. cereal before bed time...


    is it ok to eat cerea(fiber one)l before bed time or does it make me catabolic. for example. I'm trying to get in all my calories as possible.


  2. i would go with casien or yogurt or cottage cheese even low fat ice cream i try to stay away from hi carbs before bed
    •   
       


  3. i go to the gym as soon as i get up, would high carbs be ok the night before?

  4. This is not recommended for everyone, but why not experiment. I know plenty of people that consume oats before bed and have awesome physiques. I don't know much about fiber 1, but make sure sugar content is low.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by wedlund6 View Post
    i would go with casien or yogurt or cottage cheese even low fat ice cream i try to stay away from hi carbs before bed
    •   
       


  6. yeh i couldnt resist ate a bowl.. on dbol anywaysv;-)

  7. Quote Originally Posted by boricuarage View Post
    yeh i couldnt resist ate a bowl.. on dbol anywaysv;-)
    lmao


  8. IMO. its not good to eat anything right before going to sleep. You need to leave a couple hours to let your body digest your food..

    If you eat and then go straight to bed, your body wont digest the food properly and it will putrefy in your intestines.. In addition, your full stomach could send acid refluxing into your eso****us.

    Good luck

  9. Quote Originally Posted by moxsum View Post
    IMO. its not good to eat anything right before going to sleep. You need to leave a couple hours to let your body digest your food..

    If you eat and then go straight to bed, your body wont digest the food properly and it will putrefy in your intestines.. In addition, your full stomach could send acid refluxing into your eso****us.

    Good luck
    Right, cuz we all sh1t putrefied food on a regular basis and the intestines just turn off when you go to sleep.

    OP, food of any kind will keep you from going catabolic - by definition catabolism only happens in a hypocaloric state. Ingesting any fuel source will prevent this. And Dbol would mean you have to worry about catabolism even less than normal.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***

  10. Quote Originally Posted by moxsum View Post
    IMO. its not good to eat anything right before going to sleep. You need to leave a couple hours to let your body digest your food..

    If you eat and then go straight to bed, your body wont digest the food properly and it will putrefy in your intestines.. In addition, your full stomach could send acid refluxing into your eso****us.

    Good luck
    WTF are you talking about?

  11. Yeah you need a slower digesting protein. Like others have said cottahe cheese and casein are great!

  12. Perhaps consider a cereal like grape nuts or non frosted shredded wheat to reduce the blood sugar spike right before bed, but hey if your looking to bulk a bit as you suggested with the dbol, do it up with the fiber one...that cereal is pretty damn good tasting

  13. "Do not eat or drink right before going to bed. Eating a late dinner or snacking before going to bed can activate the digestive system and keep you up. If you suffer from gastroeso****eal reflux (GERD) or heartburn, it is even more important to avoid eating and drinking right before bed since this can make your symptoms worse. In addition, excessive drinking prior to bed can overwhelm the bladder, requiring frequent visits to the bathroom."

    From WebMD.com (webmd.com/sleep-disorders/sleeping-pills-6/insomnia-tips)

    Sleep is when your body regenerates/repairs itself. You want it to have plenty of energy to do that. If your body has to spend most of its energy digesting your food, it cant use that energy to work on other areas of your body. Also, if your stomach is full of food/liquid, then when your eso****eal sphincter relaxes, as it does when you lay down to sleep, its much easier for food to reflux then if your stomach was not full.

    I guess it depends what your goals are. Health? or Lookin like a big monkey man? LOL ( i know thatll get you all riled up )

    ofcourse, eating before bed, might help you to pack on some pounds, but overall its NOT HEALTHY to eat right before going to sleep.. You need to leave a few hours beforehand to let your body get some digestion out of the way, so that you can have a full restful sleep.

    Good sleep is critical to gaining muscle and repairing the body, I wouldnt do anything to hamper it.. but you can do whatever you want

  14. I can say if I notice one thing about eating carbs before bed its that my body temperature seems higher and its harder to fall asleep...

    I drink some casein, or have some cheese n eggs... Perfect slow digesting protein
    NTBM Line @ NUTRAPLANET

    All posts are for entertainment purposes only.

    Need2slin... NOM NOM NOM :yup:

  15. Quote Originally Posted by moxsum View Post
    "Do not eat or drink right before going to bed. Eating a late dinner or snacking before going to bed can activate the digestive system and keep you up. If you suffer from gastroeso****eal reflux (GERD) or heartburn, it is even more important to avoid eating and drinking right before bed since this can make your symptoms worse. In addition, excessive drinking prior to bed can overwhelm the bladder, requiring frequent visits to the bathroom."

    From WebMD.com (webmd.com/sleep-disorders/sleeping-pills-6/insomnia-tips)

    Sleep is when your body regenerates/repairs itself. You want it to have plenty of energy to do that. If your body has to spend most of its energy digesting your food, it cant use that energy to work on other areas of your body. Also, if your stomach is full of food/liquid, then when your eso****eal sphincter relaxes, as it does when you lay down to sleep, its much easier for food to reflux then if your stomach was not full.

    I guess it depends what your goals are. Health? or Lookin like a big monkey man? LOL ( i know thatll get you all riled up )

    ofcourse, eating before bed, might help you to pack on some pounds, but overall its NOT HEALTHY to eat right before going to sleep.. You need to leave a few hours beforehand to let your body get some digestion out of the way, so that you can have a full restful sleep.

    Good sleep is critical to gaining muscle and repairing the body, I wouldnt do anything to hamper it.. but you can do whatever you want
    Dude, nobody cares. WebMD as a source? Really now, c'mon.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***

  16. Quote Originally Posted by moxsum View Post
    Sleep is when your body regenerates/repairs itself. You want it to have plenty of energy to do that. If your body has to spend most of its energy digesting your food, it cant use that energy to work on other areas of your body.
    I like this part... What do you think the purpose of digesting food is? To obtain energy!

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Nitrox View Post
    I like this part... What do you think the purpose of digesting food is? To obtain energy!
    Thanks. I know food gives you energy. But it also takes ALOT of energy to digest food. Look into it. If your energy is always tied up digesting massive amounts of food all and all night, when does your body have time to dedicate lots of energy to other functions like repairing/detoxing the body.

    Im just being argumentative. I agree you gotta eat a lot to gain.. im just saying theres more to consider, everything has an effect.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by moxsum View Post
    If your energy is always tied up digesting massive amounts of food all and all night, when does your body have time to dedicate lots of energy to other functions like repairing/detoxing the body.
    All the time. None of those actions are mutually exclusive to the others - detoxification within the liver is an ongoing process, as is glucose regulation, cellular repair, protein turnover, and hormone production.

    If your body was incapable of multitasking, you'd be dead.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    All the time. None of those actions are mutually exclusive to the others - detoxification within the liver is an ongoing process, as is glucose regulation, cellular repair, protein turnover, and hormone production.

    If your body was incapable of multitasking, you'd be dead.
    I have to stop chewing gum when I type.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by TimberLakers View Post
    I have to stop chewing gum when I type.
    NTBM Line @ NUTRAPLANET

    All posts are for entertainment purposes only.

    Need2slin... NOM NOM NOM :yup:

  21. Quote Originally Posted by TimberLakers View Post
    I have to stop chewing gum when I type.
    Sounds like a personal problem to me.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***

  22. hahaha this thread has made me laugh. dude, yeah you can eat anything before you sleep, especially while you are bulking. if you are cutting, it gets tricky here. anyways, i would rather my digestive system be digesting on casein protein at night than nothing. you GROW WHILE YOU SLEEP. so why not have protein in your system so it can feed your muscles while they grow. IMO, and this is for me personally, its stupid not to eat before you sleep. ive been doing it ever since i have been educated on bodybuilding
    Performax Labs Product Specialist


  23. Quote Originally Posted by moxsum View Post
    Thanks. I know food gives you energy. But it also takes ALOT of energy to digest food. Look into it. If your energy is always tied up digesting massive amounts of food all and all night, when does your body have time to dedicate lots of energy to other functions like repairing/detoxing the body.

    Im just being argumentative. I agree you gotta eat a lot to gain.. im just saying theres more to consider, everything has an effect.
    dude, hes talking about a freakin bowl of cereal, not 100 g of protein and 2k cals
    Performax Labs Product Specialist


  24. Quote Originally Posted by smoothballer View Post
    Yeah you need a slower digesting protein. Like others have said cottage cheese and casein are great!
    x3,

    Fats and slow digesting proteins before bed to keep the body anabolic, no carbs after 5 (post workout only, ideally).

    Insulin levels are highest in the P.M. so much of glycogen added during that time is converted to fat.
    Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post
    Im not to fond of taking serm's for long periods of time....

  25. zomg, if you eat anything before bed, your body will digest it and youll poop the bed
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. cereal ftw
    By time lord in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-15-2009, 04:58 AM
  2. Ezekiel Cereal
    By Distilled Water in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-15-2009, 05:16 PM
  3. Cereal PWO?
    By Orangepeel in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-21-2008, 02:31 AM
  4. protein cereal
    By wrkn4bigrmusles in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-22-2008, 02:28 PM
  5. Good Cereal ??
    By slipondajimmy in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-13-2006, 11:40 AM
Log in
Log in