Help get my post sickness bulk in check

sub001

Awards
I was 180 and got up to 185 at which point I got sick for a week. This was about a month ago but since the sickness I dropped back to 180, and now teetered down to 174. I am getting stronger, but smaller. I think most of it is fat since I leaned out a lot (no idea how) and my strength shot up. I had a shoulder mishap which I will heal up and work around, but any suggestions are welcome.

7:30 - protein shake, cup of egg whites, 2-3 whole eggs, bagel/oatmeal
8 - some type of snack like peanuts or something
10 - turkey/tuna sandwhich (at work so need to pack with me)
12 - home made weight gainer, 2 scoops whey, bananas, oats, pb, whatever
2 - snacks or another sandwhich while at work
4 - 6-12 oz ground beef, chicken or turkey, and like 30g of carbs I believe (cup of rice or so)
6 - same at 4
8 - same as 4
10 - late night shake either weight gainer or casein

I used to eat solid meals except inbetween, and would eat beef with rice, but work constricts my diet a lot as I can only bring stuff in a cooler. Any suggestions? I want to try and up my meal sizes at times when I can but I get very lethargic and I doubt I can absorb that much across 2 or 4 meals. I am usually in a rush for breakfast so I can't down anymore food then, and I'm lost as to what to take to work that's as good as a nice whole meal. I am enjoying getting abs but help me get huge!

sub001

Awards
Around 4 or 6 inbetween meals and with a whey shake and some faster carbs after.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
only if u want to lose muscle, everyone knows all you gotta do to gain muscle is take sum leukic or some other muscle tech product :biglaugh:

sub001

Awards
I was just thought you needed a lot of calories. My boys gave me some dbol and I think a case of miller has like 2,000 calories so I'd drink that during the day and then eat some bk hamburgers.

But in all seriousness, where should I tweak the diet? My workouts are pretty good, it's definitely diet. Should I make some meals bigger or just get different foods in at different times?

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
well if your workouts are good and ur not gaining then simply put u need to eaither get more calories in or don't burn as much......so i'd say eating more would be the easier option, unless there are places you coudl cut exercise

sub001

Awards
Eh working 2 summer jobs, one is labor the other involves walking for 5-6 hours straight, so I lose some there. I was looking for more in depth answers though, I know "eat more" is the key but explaining my eating habits and schedule, where should I toss in more. Like instead of a sandwich is there something better I could be eating that can go in a cooler?

sub001

Awards
Looks like ure actually consuming quite a bit. You could always do something as simple as adding in a couple scoops of natty pb to wash some of your meals down...easy calories right there. And if you wanna add onto that, drink some milk while ur chompin on the PB. Also i noticed Meals 4-8, where u say 6-12oz. Try to keep it steady, id do sumthing like 8-9oz of ur meats and add in a couple servings of some steamed broccoli or watever ur veggie of choice is.

And heres sumthing delicious to try. Toast some whole wheat bread (get the good stuff with no HFCS in it), then spread some natty pb on there, sprinkle some cinnamon on top of that.....DELICIOUS lil deserts u can sneak in lol.
Good advice, I use pb in my shakes but I'll try and throw it on there moreso than usual. I actually think I might go on a recomp or cut though at this point. My doc said to take it easy for awhile because of the shoulder so I might just carb cycle and really clean up and not worry about pounding weights and packing it on right now. I will try your suggestions first but maybe the timing is bad for bulking (meaning summer when I work all the time and go to summer classes).

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
yea, seem sliek ur pretty active so ur ognna have to just cram in calories....make homemade weight gainiers with EVOO oats whey milk etc sip on thse all day.... instead of one sandwich have 2..... nuts, pb are easy to carry, eggs as well. yea and try to keep ur portions close, 6-12oz is a huge difference lol