Help review and comment my lean muscle diet

crowes02

Awards
Hey please comment on my diet especially with regards to fat??

I have a very good work out schedule, just trying to bring my diet on par with what I am doing in the gym. I work out five days a week, I want to lean a little and spark some solid muscle gains. My diet atm is very weak, looking forward to change!! Should I expect to lean a little on this diet or is it more maintenance?? How much will a cheat day on Sunday affect my muscle gains?? I am 19, 5.7” and 160 pounds about 10% body fat (would like to get to 8% at 170)

7:30
1 Cup of oats
2 Scoops of whey

10:30
6 oz Tuna (serving of Mayo)
1 Cup of brown rice / whole grain pasta

1:00
6 oz Chicken Breast (serving of bbq sauce)
1 Cup of broccoli

3:00
1.5 scoops of whey
½ Cup of cottage cheese and pineapple

7:00
6 oz Lean mince or steak (serving of steak sauce)
x 2 Kumara (sweet potato)

8:30 Gym

9:45
2 Scoops of whey after workout
1 Banana
2 tbs of peanut butter

11:00
Grow!!

I have worked this out to about 295 grams of protein and about 2350 calories. Seem correct??

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
if it is nearly 300 g protein thas too much to begin with and if its onl coming to 2350 then def not enough cals from other sources

crowes02

Awards
so you would recommend eating more carbs and less protein zodiiac?

and a lean muscle diet is one that produces lean muscle gains when done with 5 work outs a week, so you could say lean bulk. to me its the same thing

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
so you would recommend eating more carbs and less protein zodiiac?

and a lean muscle diet is one that produces lean muscle gains when done with 5 work outs a week, so you could say lean bulk. to me its the same thing
and really need to know your maintenance calories and eat about 500 or so above depending on how slow and lean you are wanting to bulk, rite now i eat over 1000 cals more than you and am recomping... but find your maintenance cals and go from there 500 above is always a good starting spot and re evaluate from there... keep the carbs low GI, make sure most of your protein is coming from actual meals and not shakes, also get ur fats in (evoo, coconut oil, natty peanut butter, almond butter)

Thanks for the links mate very useful!
np man, keep digging around those they are helpful..

crowes02

Awards
Yea going off maintenance plus 500, my cabs should be just over 3000 so I do need some more carbs. I think i am carb sensitive, so I will see how I go at 500 im pretty active with my rugby.

I think i will change the mid-day shake for chicken to get my natural protein up. Good advice again, cheers. How much of the fats you mentioned do you want per day?? two table spoons or more?

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
Yea going off maintenance plus 500, my cabs should be just over 3000 so I do need some more carbs. I think i am carb sensitive, so I will see how I go at 500 im pretty active with my rugby.

I think i will change the mid-day shake for chicken to get my natural protein up. Good advice again, cheers. How much of the fats you mentioned do you want per day?? two table spoons or more?
well for me i get just under 100 grams of fat per day, I cook my meats in 1 tbsp evoo..