Lean Bulk Diet

GnastyMcNasty

Awards
  • Established
hey guyys I have never done a lean bulk before so i was wondering if I could get some tips/suggestions as to what a good sample one would look like. Thanks!

smoothballer

Awards
Here is what my clean bulk started like:

Meal 1 - 6 eggs, 3/4 cup oatmeal
Meal 2 - 6 oz chicken breast, 4 oz yam
Meal 3 - 2 scoops Real Gains, 1 scoop Whey
Meal 4 - 6 oz chicken breast, 4 oz yam
Meal 5 - (PWO) 2 scoops Real Gains, 1 scoop Whey
Meal 6 - Flexible with 50g Protein and 50g Carbs with salad or veggies

This is where I started and made modifications as I saw what my body was doing. I ended up dropping the carbs down and upping the protein over time. I weighed about 195 when I started for your reference.

Hope that helps...

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A lean bulk diet's macros hardly matters. Its more about controlling how much you have in surplus calories, and remembering to continue to raise the calories as you go to compensate for having added muscle.

6 meals a day, 8 meals a day, 2 meals a day, it doesn't matter much. 40/40/20, 50/25/25, whatever, doesn't really matter much. Consistency, making sure you get a decent amount of protein from whole foods and tracking calories anally is all that really counts.

GnastyMcNasty

Awards
  • Established
Smoothballer, thanks for that, it helps... And how much of a surplus is optimal without gaining fat?? I understand everyone is different but I'm just looking for a general ballpark number

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Smoothballer, thanks for that, it helps... And how much of a surplus is optimal without gaining fat?? I understand everyone is different but I'm just looking for a general ballpark number
What are you taking? if all natural, maybe 200 calories a day. on high doses of the right anabolics as much as 700-800 a day. At 200 a day, you are looking at a pound every 2 weeks or so gained, at 800 close to 2lbs a week

GnastyMcNasty

Awards
  • Established
Superdrol, pplex, oral turinabol, tren e, cruising on test. 700-800 I guess but they have to be the right kind... Yesterday I ate slightly dirty to get myself into surplus and put on a little fat overnight... It's f*ckin tough to do this, especially bc I need more carbs bc of SD but at the same time carbs make me gain fat very easily

manny1519

Awards
The key to gaining muscle isnt all about calories... calories are just a factor, get your nutrition and training on point to become an anabolic power house...trigger your testosterone and gh and your set...how else you think babies and teenagers grow, and yeah, i dont think you downed three protien shakes a day with 2 pounds of meat to pass puberty and grow 3 inces over night. There are many advanced ways of doing this, but it is not for the stupid, and all bodybuilders and elite athletes progress because they master the key hormones to their advantage. Short intense workouts, nothing fancy like hopping on one foot with a dumbell on your head. Take your workout and crush the time in half, add sets, and increase volume every workout. Up your fats far and your protein and lower your carbs to veggies. Once a week go and eat a pizza or kill the sushi chef for his goods. Then repeat. I, my friends, their friends and their.... all get great results doing this as its been proven to trigger the muscle hormones. I have gone from 150 to 180 in one year natural and kept a 5% bodyfat with only taking creatine, ala, multi, vit c.