the little things...

lemon

Awards
alright, well ive been "some what" bulking, as in going heavy with less reps, and eating more....to build muscle

my diet is good, i mean its not perfect, but i eat enough that im not hungry, and healthy enough i haven't been getting fat, and ive been getting stronger, i mean if i ate perfectly i would probably be growing faster, but its a start... question is, today for instance, i started my morning with eggs, with a peice of wheat toast, and a banana ... so far so good, but next to me on the sofa ...my bro's box of cheezets ( square little cheesy tasty things ) and i well...ive been eating them haha, how much do little things like such really effect you? each day i have a 250 cal snack of what ever ( candy bar, donut ect ect... ) but also these little in between snacks occasionally... just wondering?

Gonzo14

Gonzo14

Awards
  • Established
Depends on your goals, how fast you want to reach those goals. If your doing a Do-Or-Die bulk, and dont care about some extra pudge around the mid section, then those snacks wont be a big deal. Those calories, while pretty empty being mostly from sugar, are still calories. You want to make sure your eating enough protein and carbs to grow. You want to make most of those carbs good carbs (wheat bread, slow digestion, unless post W/O), but bad carbs wont kill you, will just mean more likely chance of fat storage, due to the high spike of insulin levels,
and the same time if your trying to keep fat gain to a minimun, snacking on donuts and cheezits are going to hurt you a lot more.
And also, just a side note, by bulking are you trying to gain mass? or increase strength? I know they sound one in the same, but if your bulking up, are you hitting 8-10 reps? dont want to drop the reps too low or else you wont stimulate enough muscle fibers.

lemon

Awards
welll its hard to say my goal, i used to be 260lbs of pure fat...and now im 180 but i have alota loose skin and fat around the mid section/thighs/ and tri/inner arm area..it was all diet so no muscle building, i just want to fill those areas with muscle/solid so when i cut, i wont have loose skin anymore. and i want to look stronger / larger

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i know i say this alot, but its only because it works amazing. at least for me. jump roping gets all the fat off of me. i dropped 6 pounds in 2 weeks which i know is a bit too much but oh well. just keep diet clean and train heavy but to ab work and jump rope and it will come i promise

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
as far as training, i do one exercise of 3 to 5 reps, the next two or 3 exercises of 7 to 10 reps, then the last exercise i do 20 reps. this hits all muscle fibers and it works well, at least for me it does lol

deadaim

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Idealy you want to eat just enough calories to completely power protein synthesis to repair the exact amount of muscular micro tears you have caused.

Now its impossible to figure out exactly how much that is, but somwhere around 500+ maintence is a good figure. Too much and you arent helping yourself, thats why its getting stored as fat, because your body isnt using it.

lemon

Awards
heres my work out
chest: press, reps 10/8/5 going up in weight
inclin 10/8/5 going up in weight
declin 10/8/5 going up in weight
nautical press 10/8/5 going up in weight
flys 10/10/10 same weight

shoulders/tris
front raises 10/10/10 going up in weight
side raises 10/10/10 going up in weight
shrugs 10/10/10 going up in weight
bar raises 10/10/10 same weight
over head tri extensions 10/10/10 going up in weight
skull crushers 10/10 same weight
tri push downs 10/10 going up in weight
tri presses 10/10 going up in weight
tri iso's front and back 10/10 each same weight

back/bi
back extensions 10/10/10 going up in weight
rows 10/8/5 going up in weight
pulls 10/10 going up in weight
pull downs 10/10 going up in weight
reverse pull downs 10/10 going up in weight
pull down type pull ups 10/10/10 going up in weight
hammer curls 10/8/5 going up in weight
21's 2 sets same weight
preachers 10/8/5 going up in weight
peak curls 10/10/10 going up in weight
incline curls 10/8/5 same weight

then forearms after...... that's my work out schedule cardio + abs when i have time