Bulking Diet Program

Heretolearn

Awards
I have been lifting for about 5 years. I am 5 10 160 and really want to bulk up. I know my diet could be better. Does anyone know of a good diet program to help put on weight? I am looking for something that breaks down the meals you eat and how many calories/carbs/protein ect. you need. I went to a nutrition store and the guy was selling me on a 3 month program for 300. Just wondering if anyone knows of something cheaper on the internet by chance. Thanks guys.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Try the search button. Post up what you currently eat on a daily basis and we can help from there. If you don't know how many calories you are eating, go to fitday.com and plug your food in. Post up total calories fat protein and carbs.

Weightman

Awards
fatsecret.com is what I use. You search based on what you ate and it will give you options based on what brand and size etc.. for example I had sliced pepper jack on my sandwich, now I can choose from Sargento, Kraft etc... then choose by weight or servings etc. You do this for all foods you eat and it breaks them down by carbs, proteins, fats and calories per meal and per day, even gives you a pie chart so you know the percentage of fat or whatever you ingested for the day. In addition to this it has a fitness tab where you can list what activities you have done for the day (sleeping 7 hours, walking moderate pace 20 minutes, office work 7 1/2 hours etc, weight training 2 hours etc) and it will tell you how many calories you burned based on your body weight (not an exact science but its probably better than guessing right?). It will tell you based on overall weight how many calories you need to maintain weight, and if you so choose it will give you caloric guidelines on how to gain weight at 1/2 lb a week and 1lb a week. Hope this helps

Heretolearn

Awards
Thanks a lot for the response. I will check out the site but it sounds like something that will help me.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
posting diets up on the internet is basically worthless. Everyone says "go to the diet section" so you do and post your diet, youll see like 100 views and 0 replies.

have a diet higher in carbs basically, youll gain the faster with a high amount of carbs like ~300g give or take

Aaelael

Aaelael

Awards
  • Established
Well Zach lets not be to pestimistic my friend but yes higher carbs = bigger pumps and faster weight gain!

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Get a weight gainer instead of protein shakes. Drink milk like its water you'll get lots of fats, carbs, and proteins this way (milk is 87% water so you will get hydrated). Up the carbs for sure. At 5 10 you could use some fat on you so don't be scared of double cheeseburgers and food like that. Don't be worried about lean bulking.

Eat consistently the same way. Don't eat 3500 cals on one day and 2500 the next day and think "I'm eating tons of food". Consistent eating for consistent weight gain.

Supplements.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
I personally disagree with the weight gainer idea. You can make a weight gainer without the added maltodextrin...

2 scoops whey
milk
natty pb
banana
oats

= cheaper then most gainers

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I personally disagree with the weight gainer idea. You can make a weight gainer without the added maltodextrin...

2 scoops whey
milk
natty pb
banana
oats

Also = more work then a weight gainer. I'm lazy.

I would prefer that shake any day over a weight gainer. But I'd rather have 4 easy shakes of weight gainer a day than make your shake 4 times a day. Blending, cleaning, ukhhh. I'll pay the extra buck for convenience lol.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Also = more work then a weight gainer. I'm lazy.

I would prefer that shake any day over a weight gainer. But I'd rather have 4 easy shakes of weight gainer a day than make your shake 4 times a day. Blending, cleaning, ukhhh. I'll pay the extra buck for convenience lol.
I feel you. It is a pain in the ass to clean the blender so many times... I drink more protein shakes then I'd like to, but then again, I would spend more time cooking if I cut back the shakes. So every little thing gets taken into consideration.

Just looking at it from a monetary point of view I guess. But I understand the convenience factor as well

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
Well Zach lets not be to pestimistic my friend but yes higher carbs = bigger pumps and faster weight gain!
true true but lotta people forget how important they actually are. 100 g added or subtracted makes a world of difference in a decent diet. thats what I was trying to get at haha

Weightman

Awards
well I thought I was being good carb wise (I am a diabetic), but I am around 250-350g's of carbs daily... guess I am not doin so good.

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established

2 scoops whey
milk
natty pb
banana
oats

Agree. Maltodextrin tends to leave alot of fat on me.