GOMAD help!

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Im on day 1 of GOMAD and im bloated and have the ****s and im farting really bad... Are there any tips to stop the runs or gas due to this diet; yes im sure im not lactose intolerant...

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
if your not lactose intolerant then your allergic to the milk protein or a protein (casein) in there.

However ill tell you that with those symptoms its seems like a lactose intolerant problem. If you arent then you are overloading your body with it.

I personally think IF your going to do this supplement with lactaid pills or lactaid whole milk and see how it goes. Or atleast ease into it.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
One question, will it hurt me any not to ease into it? No, I normally dont have a problem with 4-6 glasses of milk a day and 4 scoops of whey/casien protein.. I can picture any digestive system going crazy when you drink a gallon of milk in a day LMAO... Will the problems persist after a few days on this diet?

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
to be honest i piss out my ass to when i drink regular milk, so i go lactaid, ive done half gallon with no probs but chances are if your feeling this way on it it will continue for a little bit longer.

how long no idea, but if you know its the milk and doesnt get better in a few days id stop. Make sure to replenish whats lost.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Guess I could get some of those pills if the problems dont subside.

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea I had it pretty bad day one. Spread your intake of milk evenly throughout the day. My body adjusted after a few days.

purebred

I personally think IF your going to do this supplement with lactaid pills or lactaid whole milk and see how it goes. Or atleast ease into it.
This.

When I was doing GOMAD, I bought 2 bottles of KAL's lactase pills and took about 12-16 daily. I drank my gallon in 1 liter increments so about 3-4 lactase pills with each liter of milk. If your body can adjust and tolerate it, it's a fantastic way to get out of a skinny boy look.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Haha, I dont have a problem with the way I look.. The fat I gain on this diet will easily shed off of me leaving the lean mass gained... I seriously think I have a thyroid problem LMAO..

slimcharles

Banned
Awards
Why don't you stop this stupid GOMAD and eat real food. GOMAD has to be the STUPIDEST thing anyone could ever do. You might as well chug protein shakes with sugar because that is what milk is.

Stop being retarded, the reason you are bloated and gassy is because your body is telling you to knock this sh*t out and eat real food.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Why don't you stop this stupid GOMAD and eat real food. GOMAD has to be the STUPIDEST thing anyone could ever do. You might as well chug protein shakes with sugar because that is what milk is.

Stop being retarded, the reason you are bloated and gassy is because your body is telling you to knock this sh*t out and eat real food.
Actually, this is a tried and true method for gaining mass mate. I eat real food with the milk. My caloric intake with the milk is between 5 and 6 thousand calories.... Stupidest is not a word... I rest my case..

slimcharles

Banned
Awards
Actually, this is a tried and true method for gaining mass mate. I eat real food with the milk. My caloric intake with the milk is between 5 and 6 thousand calories.... Stupidest is not a word... I rest my case..
Tried and true method for gaining fat and destroying insulin sensitivity. Enjoy.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
Tried and true method for gaining fat and destroying insulin sensitivity. Enjoy.

obviously it will put on some fat

12-13g of sugar x 16 .

however, it won't destroy insulin sensitivity.........c'mon. its a month or two or three of high sugar.......most of america does this [ high sugar ] for decades.

the GOMAD does have merit. you can't deny it. you are AT LEAST ingesting 16x8 = 128g of a nice whey/casein blend per day. if you space out the milk, you have a constant stream of highly bioavailable and inexpensive protein.

it won't have the same effect as drinking whey protein shakes because

A. milk is 80% casein
and
B. you can easily get lots of extra calories depending on which type of milk you use.

slimcharles

Banned
Awards

obviously it will put on some fat

12-13g of sugar x 16 .

however, it won't destroy insulin sensitivity.........c'mon. its a month or two or three of high sugar.......most of america does this [ high sugar ] for decades.

the GOMAD does have merit. you can't deny it. you are AT LEAST ingesting 16x8 = 128g of a nice whey/casein blend per day. if you space out the milk, you have a constant stream of highly bioavailable and inexpensive protein.

it won't have the same effect as drinking whey protein shakes because

A. milk is 80% casein
and
B. you can easily get lots of extra calories depending on which type of milk you use.
Most Americans are fat and have diabetes.

208 grams of sugar a day? Like I said, enjoy the fat gains.

You know what's not as stupid as GOMAD? Eating just above your maintenance level and making lean gains instead of spending months afterwards cutting fat.

You do realize eating more = / = more muscle gains. You need to get in an amount that your muscle requires, just adding ludicrous extra calories is not going to help you.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
Most Americans are fat and have diabetes.

208 grams of sugar a day? Like I said, enjoy the fat gains.

You know what's not as stupid as GOMAD? Eating just above your maintenance level and making lean gains instead of spending months afterwards cutting fat.

You do realize eating more = / = more muscle gains. You need to get in an amount that your muscle requires, just adding ludicrous extra calories is not going to help you.

Let me put an end to your confusion.

Whole Milk as an item isn't pure sugar. It doesn't have the same insulin response as pure sugar. To put it into perspective, Whole milk has a GI of 27, whereas glucose has a GI of 100 and brown rice has a 50. Glycemic Index (GI) is a measure of a food's response on Insulin. The higher the number, the greater the response. This blows your insulin sensitivity angle out of the water.

Secondly, 800 calories/208 carbs isnt a ludicrous amount of anything be it low or high GI carbs on a bulk.

Considering most people eat about 4000 calories on a bulk. the key to remember is that GOMAD isn't part of a recompositioning style of dieting. It is to put on mass - not minimize fat gain while putting on mass.

slimcharles

Banned
Awards
Let me put an end to your confusion.

Whole Milk as an item isn't pure sugar. It doesn't have the same insulin response as pure sugar. To put it into perspective, Whole milk has a GI of 27, whereas glucose has a GI of 100 and brown rice has a 50. Glycemic Index (GI) is a measure of a food's response on Insulin. The higher the number, the greater the response. This blows your insulin sensitivity angle out of the water.

Secondly, 800 calories/208 carbs isnt a ludicrous amount of anything be it low or high GI carbs on a bulk.

Considering most people eat about 4000 calories on a bulk. the key to remember is that GOMAD isn't part of a recompositioning style of dieting. It is to put on mass - not minimize fat gain while putting on mass.
So you are suggesting that more calories = more mass? That is a very silly comment to make because you are no where near the level where you should be eating 5-10k calories a day like the pro's. You do realize that people who eat that many calories a day are mainly on AAS and can utilize those nutrients far better.

Also you are drinking whole milk? That is nearly 2,000 calories. Makes me wonder what little else you must eat. Unless of course you are already 225+ 10%bf.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Subbed just to watch the debate :D

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So you are suggesting that more calories = more mass? That is a very silly comment to make because you are no where near the level where you should be eating 5-10k calories a day like the pro's. You do realize that people who eat that many calories a day are mainly on AAS and can utilize those nutrients far better.

Also you are drinking whole milk? That is nearly 2,000 calories. Makes me wonder what little else you must eat. Unless of course you are already 225+ 10%bf.
I drink 1 gallon whole milk. 2400 calories. Without milk, I am probably eating around 3000 calories. Total to about 5400 calories which is a good bulking number for me since im not 200lb+.. And the fat I gain on this diet will probably shed off of me like butter in a month or less; I am a freak when it comes to not storing fat anywhere on my body....

slimcharles

Banned
Awards
I drink 1 gallon whole milk. 2400 calories. Without milk, I am probably eating around 3000 calories. Total to about 5400 calories which is a good bulking number for me since im not 200lb+.. And the fat I gain on this diet will probably shed off of me like butter in a month or less; I am a freak when it comes to not storing fat anywhere on my body....
5400 calories and you are not over 200? Mmmmk.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Be a smart ass.... You dont know me and you def dont know my body like I do...

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established

That is exactly what i am suggesting. If you work out, and tear your muscles down, when presented with calories your body first refills glycogen, and then starts to repair and build muscle. if you are eating over maintenance, your body will store the extra calories into muscle and fat depending on the excess, and your particular metabolism's way of partioning calories.

The type of calorie ingested determines its own propensity toward fat or muscle gain, and the timing that it is ingested. The amount of glycogen in stores also plays a role of where calories go.

The point of the whole story is more calories = more mass. The more healthy the calories, the better the chance more of that mass will be LBM, as opposed to adipose.

Which brings us full circle to the orginal question of whether milk will put muscle on you. The answer is yes because of the fact that milk has a low effect on insulin ( better for fat prevention and loss ), and also it has saturated fat to boost testosterone. It also has a slow release protein to give your body a steady stream of aminos.

I would like to hear your side now.

What evidence or logic points to the contrary?

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
on a side note, 10mcg of t3 daily or even 3on 2 off will make your body make better use of all the nutrients you consume. this will give you a better chance of building muscle vs storing fat without the risk of using AAS.

slimcharles

Banned
Awards
That is exactly what i am suggesting. If you work out, and tear your muscles down, when presented with calories your body first refills glycogen, and then starts to repair and build muscle. if you are eating over maintenance, your body will store the extra calories into muscle and fat depending on the excess, and your particular metabolism's way of partioning calories.

The type of calorie ingested determines its own propensity toward fat or muscle gain, and the timing that it is ingested. The amount of glycogen in stores also plays a role of where calories go.

The point of the whole story is more calories = more mass. The more healthy the calories, the better the chance more of that mass will be LBM, as opposed to adipose.

Which brings us full circle to the orginal question of whether milk will put muscle on you. The answer is yes because of the fact that milk has a low effect on insulin ( better for fat prevention and loss ), and also it has saturated fat to boost testosterone. It also has a slow release protein to give your body a steady stream of aminos.

I would like to hear your side now.

What evidence or logic points to the contrary?
First of all, a bought of intense weight training, say 1 hour will never deplete glycogen stores. You mentioned it will store with fat or muscle depending on the excess. I guarantee you 5400 calories a day is excess to 99.9% of the people on this forum. Using your own equation that would mean a lot of fat gain.

Secondly, the timing has absolutely fck all to do with muscle or fat gain. Please tell me you still don't believe in this 6 meals a day nonsense. OH NOES I didn't eat for 3 hours I'm catabolic! In fact, certain research will say if you really want to gain muscle 3 meals is actually better because when you eat protein the luecine spike will far greater if spanned out.

Also please explain to me what a 'healthy calorie' is. Your body see's everything as carbs, fat, or protein. Sure, nutritionally it is healthier to eat a steak instead of a cheeseburger, but in the end the only thing that matters is calories in vs calories out. And no, eating 100% sugar is not the same. I'm saying you have to eat a certain amount of protein, and the rest doesn't matter. In this case, drinking milk is stupid because he is already complaining how his body doesn't like it (bloating, gas, etc).

I would really love to see your research showing so called 'healthy calories' are going to produce more LBM as opposed to 'non healthy' calories, w.e that means.

on a side note, 10mcg of t3 daily or even 3on 2 off will make your body make better use of all the nutrients you consume. this will give you a better chance of building muscle vs storing fat without the risk of using AAS.
LOL t3? You are suggesting he uses thyroid? Jeezus. You are 155lbs, I think you should take your own advice honestly and eat more food because you have no idea about t3 or aas.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
First of all, a bought of intense weight training, say 1 hour will never deplete glycogen stores. You mentioned it will store with fat or muscle depending on the excess. I guarantee you 5400 calories a day is excess to 99.9% of the people on this forum. Using your own equation that would mean a lot of fat gain.

Secondly, the timing has absolutely fck all to do with muscle or fat gain. Please tell me you still don't believe in this 6 meals a day nonsense. OH NOES I didn't eat for 3 hours I'm catabolic! In fact, certain research will say if you really want to gain muscle 3 meals is actually better because when you eat protein the luecine spike will far greater if spanned out.

Also please explain to me what a 'healthy calorie' is. Your body see's everything as carbs, fat, or protein. Sure, nutritionally it is healthier to eat a steak instead of a cheeseburger, but in the end the only thing that matters is calories in vs calories out. And no, eating 100% sugar is not the same. I'm saying you have to eat a certain amount of protein, and the rest doesn't matter. In this case, drinking milk is stupid because he is already complaining how his body doesn't like it (bloating, gas, etc).

I would really love to see your research showing so called 'healthy calories' are going to produce more LBM as opposed to 'non healthy' calories, w.e that means.

LOL t3? You are suggesting he uses thyroid? Jeezus. You are 155lbs, I think you should take your own advice honestly and eat more food because you have no idea about t3 or aas.

I realize after this post that i have been wasting my time and knowledge on you. You really need to read up on a lot more than i am willing to teach you.

A. I never said that a single 1 hr workout will completely 100% deplete glycogen.

B. I never said 5400 calories a day is necessary for everyone to take in to grow. What i actually said was most people bulk on 4000 cals.

C. I mentioned nutrient timing , which is a real concept concerning insulin and cortisol. Once again, you need to read. I never mentioned 6 meals a day or suggested that you will become catabolic if you go over 3 hours without any protein - however, the argument is legitimate for obvious reasons.

Now that you see all of the things YOU mentioned. NOT ME. try to read MY POINTS and stay on task. You waste a lot of time talking about stuff that no one is talking about. just stop it.

So you say the ''type'' of calories you consume don't matter as long as you get in enough protein. So according to you if i used a conservative number like 1.2 x LBM for protein needs, i would only need about 165g or protein which equals to roughly under 800 cals a day to build muscle. Do you realize how insane that is?

First you argue that milk will make you fat because of all the sugar it has, then you argue that it doesnt matter what you eat because ' in the end the only thing that matters is calories in vs calories out'.

Also i love how you say this :

'' Sure, nutritionally it is healthier to eat a steak instead of a cheeseburger''

but then you say this :

''I would really love to see your research showing so called 'healthy calories' are going to produce more LBM as opposed to 'non healthy' calories, w.e that means.''

So first you concede that a steak is healthier to eat than a cheeseburger. then you mock me for saying a healthy calorie?

Am i arguing with a child?

''
LOL t3? You are suggesting he uses thyroid? Jeezus. You are 155lbs, I think you should take your own advice honestly and eat more food because you have no idea about t3 or aas.''

So by your reasoning, the fact that i mentioned taking t3 for its PROVEN effects on nutrient partitioning and protein turnover, i know nothing about t3? lol serious? I also NEVER told ANYONE to eat more food. I don't know what advice you are referring to aside from the t3, which i already do for the obvious benefits.

It doesn't take a genius to realize that i am 155lbs. At this point in my life i don't have the much needed time and dedication it takes to really practice bodybuilding. I'm just maintaining while i work, smoke some doja, and generally focus on non-vanity, real life issues.

I'm done with you. You really need to get a hold of your A.D.D. and learn how to focus on a particular topic. You also need to learn how to NOT put words in other people's mouths. Most of all you need to read, read, read.

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNN slim you just got knocked the f*** out. nice soontobbeast i wonder what kinda reply..if any.. you'll get now lol

gamer has the bloating and gas gone down?

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNN slim you just got knocked the f*** out. nice soontobbeast i wonder what kinda reply..if any.. you'll get now lol

gamer has the bloating and gas gone down?
Ya, a lot better than the first gallon. I started number 3 earlier. Im taking 1 lactaid pill with each glass of milk.. I wanna get off of those soon, hoping my digestive system just adjusts completely..

slimcharles

Banned
Awards
I realize after this post that i have been wasting my time and knowledge on you. You really need to read up on a lot more than i am willing to teach you.

A. I never said that a single 1 hr workout will completely 100% deplete glycogen.

B. I never said 5400 calories a day is necessary for everyone to take in to grow. What i actually said was most people bulk on 4000 cals.

C. I mentioned nutrient timing , which is a real concept concerning insulin and cortisol. Once again, you need to read. I never mentioned 6 meals a day or suggested that you will become catabolic if you go over 3 hours without any protein - however, the argument is legitimate for obvious reasons.

Now that you see all of the things YOU mentioned. NOT ME. try to read MY POINTS and stay on task. You waste a lot of time talking about stuff that no one is talking about. just stop it.

So you say the ''type'' of calories you consume don't matter as long as you get in enough protein. So according to you if i used a conservative number like 1.2 x LBM for protein needs, i would only need about 165g or protein which equals to roughly under 800 cals a day to build muscle. Do you realize how insane that is?

First you argue that milk will make you fat because of all the sugar it has, then you argue that it doesnt matter what you eat because ' in the end the only thing that matters is calories in vs calories out'.

Also i love how you say this :

'' Sure, nutritionally it is healthier to eat a steak instead of a cheeseburger''

but then you say this :

''I would really love to see your research showing so called 'healthy calories' are going to produce more LBM as opposed to 'non healthy' calories, w.e that means.''

So first you concede that a steak is healthier to eat than a cheeseburger. then you mock me for saying a healthy calorie?

Am i arguing with a child?

''
LOL t3? You are suggesting he uses thyroid? Jeezus. You are 155lbs, I think you should take your own advice honestly and eat more food because you have no idea about t3 or aas.''

So by your reasoning, the fact that i mentioned taking t3 for its PROVEN effects on nutrient partitioning and protein turnover, i know nothing about t3? lol serious? I also NEVER told ANYONE to eat more food. I don't know what advice you are referring to aside from the t3, which i already do for the obvious benefits.

It doesn't take a genius to realize that i am 155lbs. At this point in my life i don't have the much needed time and dedication it takes to really practice bodybuilding. I'm just maintaining while i work, smoke some doja, and generally focus on non-vanity, real life issues.

I'm done with you. You really need to get a hold of your A.D.D. and learn how to focus on a particular topic. You also need to learn how to NOT put words in other people's mouths. Most of all you need to read, read, read.
Most people bulk on 4,000 calories? You just pulled that number straight out of your ass.

Yes, that is right, you would only need 165g of protein at your weight. There hasn't been a single piece of literature that suggest anything over 1g/lb is beneficial in any regard. I can't even believe you are trying to say 1g/lb is "insane."

A healthy calorie means what? I meant a steak is healthier in the long run for you, but will have nothing to do with LBM gains. Are you arguing that a steak will illicit more gains than a cheeseburger that has the same amount of protein? Lets say I eat only chicken breast, steak, and oats with healthy fats all day. Lets say the total calories is 3,000. Now lets say I eat only burgers and pasta, but hit the same protein number and calories. You are arguing that because the food is technically 'healthier' I will gain more muscle and less fat? If you do think this to be true, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Lastly, your advice to use T3 is uninformed to say the least. You mention protein turnover rate increase? Alright, please show me a study that says T3 increases protein synthesis. Guess what, there isn't one. Your anecdotal evidence means nothing. Also nobody uses T3 during a bulk anymore, they use T4.

The last part is laughable, "I'm only 155lbs because I am maintaining herp derp" Maintaining what? You weigh as much as a large child. I would think since you seem to KNOW EVERYTHING about diet you would be a lot bigger than 155lbs. Make all the excuses you want, bodybuilding takes an hour a day, and I highly doubt you don't have that. It took you at least an hour to type out this moronic response.

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
9am-eat breakfast of champion
12pm-eat lunch of champion
3pm-eat pre-workout of champion
4pm-workout like a champion
5pm-eat post workout like a champion
6-7pm-eat after workout meal like a champion
10pm-eat night time meal like a champion
11pm-9am-sleep like a champion

that's 24 hours of focus, determination, grit, and resolve needed to eat enough food, eat the proper food, workout hard enough, and rest enough to be dedicated to bodybuilding. not to mention the day job, family, school, and friends we all have.

calling what you quoted from soontobbeast laughable is senseless and honestly, just plain douchey. this isn't "anabolicminds: the site for professional bodybuilders only" it's for anyone who is interested in learning and sharing knowledge about weightlifting and the numerous activities associated with it. just because he weights 155 doesn't mean jack ****. hell some 160lb powerlifters bench more than twice their bodyweight. size isn't everything genius.

OP...good luck with the GOMAD diet. hope your stomach problems get better. :fing02:

slimcharles

Banned
Awards
9am-eat breakfast of champion
12pm-eat lunch of champion
3pm-eat pre-workout of champion
4pm-workout like a champion
5pm-eat post workout like a champion
6-7pm-eat after workout meal like a champion
10pm-eat night time meal like a champion
11pm-9am-sleep like a champion

that's 24 hours of focus, determination, grit, and resolve needed to eat enough food, eat the proper food, workout hard enough, and rest enough to be dedicated to bodybuilding. not to mention the day job, family, school, and friends we all have.

calling what you quoted from soontobbeast laughable is senseless and honestly, just plain douchey. this isn't "anabolicminds: the site for professional bodybuilders only" it's for anyone who is interested in learning and sharing knowledge about weightlifting and the numerous activities associated with it. just because he weights 155 doesn't mean jack ****. hell some 160lb powerlifters bench more than twice their bodyweight. size isn't everything genius.

OP...good luck with the GOMAD diet. hope your stomach problems get better. :fing02:
7 meals a day? Is your name Jay Cutler? Are you using heavy serious amounts of AAS? No? Then please stop this bs.

Ya, you are right, I was too harsh on Soontobbeast. I mean he may have others goals rather than bodybuilding right?

Is this why a week ago he posted that he was about to start an Hdrol cycle. Hmmm.... Maybe he needs that Hdrol for soccer!

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks all that do support my efforts to bulk haha...

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
Learn to count. it's 6 meals.

Im eating 3300 calories a day and would rather not eat 3 big meals of 1100 calories each and be bloated as hell so I split it up. he was right about you putting words in other peoples mouth. i never said how big the meals were.

your connection between jay cutler, steroids, and 6 meals a day is seriously flawed. 1 meal for me (normal guy) doesn't equate to 1 meal for a pro bodybuilder. it's proportional.

as far as him hdrol use, it's his decision. steroid use does not make you a bodybuilder though.

you need a new brain buddy.

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm gonna play a little devils advocate here but..

I liked your analogy between eating chicken breast and oats, totaling 3000 calories and then eating pasta and burgers totaling 3000 calories and technical you're right slim, there is no difference in the "amount" of calories and "quality" of calories you would be eating if you kept all the calories the same between the two diets eg same amount of protein, fats, and carbs.

I never thought about it like this. Does anyone know why it would be better to eat a diet of chicken and oats for 3000 calories over pasta and burgers for 3000 calories assuming there is the same protein, carbs, and fats between the two diets?

Is there truly a difference? Serious question.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm gonna play a little devils advocate here but..

I liked your analogy between eating chicken breast and oats, totaling 3000 calories and then eating pasta and burgers totaling 3000 calories and technical you're right slim, there is no difference in the "amount" of calories and "quality" of calories you would be eating if you kept all the calories the same between the two diets eg same amount of protein, fats, and carbs.

I never thought about it like this. Does anyone know why it would be better to eat a diet of chicken and oats for 3000 calories over pasta and burgers for 3000 calories assuming there is the same protein, carbs, and fats between the two diets?

Is there truly a difference? Serious question.
Well, when it comes to carbs, you have to think about the GI and how your insulin will spike. Simple carbs will be more readily be stored as fat.. Other than that, I dont see how burgers and pasta, as long as its correct combinations of white and whole wheat pasta would be worst than chicken or oats.. But wait.. It is believed that eating too much beef can cause colon cancer.. And how healthy would it be for your body, taking out the muscle building properties?.. Not too healthy im sure..

slimcharles

Banned
Awards
Well, when it comes to carbs, you have to think about the GI and how your insulin will spike. Simple carbs will be more readily be stored as fat.. Other than that, I dont see how burgers and pasta, as long as its correct combinations of white and whole wheat pasta would be worst than chicken or oats.. But wait.. It is believed that eating too much beef can cause colon cancer.. And how healthy would it be for your body, taking out the muscle building properties?.. Not too healthy im sure..
You can take the GI index and throw it out the window, it means absolutely nothing. The GI index is based on eating a carb BY ITSELF. If you eat white bread by itself, yes it will spike insulin significantly, but add protein and fat and the GI is now irrelevant. Who do you know that eats carb only meals? Nobody.

It wouldn't be very healthy, but my entire argument is based on gaining muscle, not health. In fact, I bet the burgers and pasta MAY be slightly better since beef has more creatine in it compared to chicken.

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You can take the GI index and throw it out the window, it means absolutely nothing. The GI index is based on eating a carb BY ITSELF. If you eat white bread by itself, yes it will spike insulin significantly, but add protein and fat and the GI is now irrelevant. Who do you know that eats carb only meals? Nobody.

It wouldn't be very healthy, but my entire argument is based on gaining muscle, not health. In fact, I bet the burgers and pasta MAY be slightly better since beef has more creatine in it compared to chicken.
So when you eat carbs by themselves it affects GI differently then when you eat the same amount of carbs but throw in protein and fat. So protein and fat also affect GI index??

slimcharles

Banned
Awards
So when you eat carbs by themselves it affects GI differently then when you eat the same amount of carbs but throw in protein and fat. So protein and fat also affect GI index??
That is correct. White bread eaten with protein or protein and fat or just fat will lower the GI index drastically.

That is why the GI index is useless and nobody should rely on it.

If you want to FURTHER reduce the GI, you can use a toaster. Toasting bread/bagels lowers the GI by 15 points.

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
slim, i would think that eating protein and fat along with a high GI carb doesn't lower the GI of the carb. but rather slows the rate of absorbtion and thus the insulin spike.

is that what you meant?

slimcharles

Banned
Awards
slim, i would think that eating protein and fat along with a high GI carb doesn't lower the GI of the carb. but rather slows the rate of absorbtion and thus the insulin spike.

is that what you meant?
Well the GI is based on what the carb does to your blood sugar. So if you lower the insulin spike you have effectively lowered the GI, and thus it has now become useless.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established

I dont disagree with you there! Never had, and I fully understood that quite well.. Sometimes you want an insulin spike, to move the nutrients to your muscles more effectively. Sometimes I will eat a bowl of white rice by itself! Most of the time its with whole milk though.

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So drinking the milk glass by glass throughout the day wont cause high insulin spikes because the carbs in milk are drank alongside protein and fat.

What was your big problem then with GOMAD slim?

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So drinking the milk glass by glass throughout the day wont cause high insulin spikes because the carbs in milk are drank alongside protein and fat.

I was wondering the same thing, its like he is now contradicting what he previously stated in the beginning!

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Gamer.. check out "why I think kre-alk is some bs" thread in the supplements section.

Slim was giving me the usual bulls*** but had nothing to say after I gave him a nice dose of hard evidence.

slimcharles

Banned
Awards

Wrong. Milk has a low GI, but a high insulinogenic rating. GI is useless, like in this scenario. Almost ALL dairy has a very high insulinogenic. These ratings are a lot more precise and accurate to what is going on in the body after digesting a certain food compared to GI.

slimcharles

Banned
Awards
You're last post doesn't comply with this earlier post of yours slimmy slim slim
Are you going to read my post or are you going to start rambling again. Do you see where I said GI is useless? Now do you see another word, called 'insulinogenic' ? Milk has a HIGH INSULINOGENIC RATING, NOT GI. Can you differentiate the difference between two words?

Seriously, this has turned into people rambling and putting words in my mouth. Drink your GOMAD, get fat, complain later.

sub001

Awards
Some people can't handle the fat content of whole milk when taken in large amounts. I get horrific bowel problems if I consume whole milk with 3 or more protein shakes a day. I have to use 2% or skim or it bothers me. A lot of people mistakenly assume they are lactose intolerant but it's just the fat. The test is to drink a glass of whole milk in the morning on an empty stomach and see what happens, then try it another day with skim milk. This doesn't apply to most people in lifting because it's the difference of 1 glass of a milk a day, or .5-1 gallon.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I know im not lactose intolerant.. I used to drink 3 glasses of milk a day and a bowl of ice cream before bed; had 0 problems. I can see how anyone, lactose intolerant or not would have bowl problems from drinking a gallon of milk a day.

And to slim, if I gain excessive amounts of fat I'll bow down to you lmao... But.. I bet I dont!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ethan_wilde Bulking 20
zconners Bulking 20
Supplements 3
Anabolics 2
Bulking 4