bulking up in the summer time??!!

Trapstar

Trapstar

Awards
as my title says i am bulking up in the summer. i dont give a **** if i have abs lol i just wana get desiel!! i had a few questions about nutrion though..
1. i read when bulking to take in 4g of carbs per bw. for me that would be around 700 g of carbs a day....that seems way to many in my opinion
2. secondly it said i should eat around 4200cal a day.

so basically right not i am taking in roughtly 350g of carbs (almost all complex, pasta,rice, oatmeal) 250g of protein. and around 4200cal a day. currently using dorian yates's blood and guts workout. 2 days on 1 off 2 on 1 off. doing only one set per exersize and going to all out faliure and beyond. feel really tired and muscle fatigue after the workout but i want to make sure i am getting the proper nutrients to recover from these intense sessions. any advice you guys may have please dont hesitate to share!
thanks!

piratedebo

Awards
When bulking you dont want to do only one set per exercise to failure. You want to do a weight you can only get 6-7 reps anywhere from 4-5 sets including warm-up.
I also switch up exercises I begin with since you are typically going to do you're best on your first exercises. For instance, chest workouts.. One day Ill start flat and the next time I go I will start with incline, then the next time Ill start with decline.
Also, make sure you space your protein intakes regularly(3-4 hours). No more than 50g or so since for most people anything over that the body will end up throwing away.
Try to throw in a good protein SHAKE (because the intake of protein is faster in shakes vs food) within 30 minutes after your workout.

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
If your truely wanting big growth you want to workout every other day. Low low reps, 6-8 max.

EX. bench 225x8 275x6 315x4 335x2

Take up to 3min rest in between sets. Eat as much as you can. Always eat protein and carbs together. 1st in the am i would aim for 100gs of carbs as well as PWO.

get on a creatine for sure, bring a shake with you to the gym so right after you can down it. I would be taking your protein with gatorade for the sugar & carbs needed PWO. You could just toss in some mono creatine into the drink. 40g's whey into a 32oz gatorade is what i take when bulking. goodluck

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
as my title says i am bulking up in the summer. i dont give a **** if i have abs lol i just wana get desiel!! i had a few questions about nutrion though..
1. i read when bulking to take in 4g of carbs per bw. for me that would be around 700 g of carbs a day....that seems way to many in my opinion
2. secondly it said i should eat around 4200cal a day.

so basically right not i am taking in roughtly 350g of carbs (almost all complex, pasta,rice, oatmeal) 250g of protein. and around 4200cal a day. currently using dorian yates's blood and guts workout. 2 days on 1 off 2 on 1 off. doing only one set per exersize and going to all out faliure and beyond. feel really tired and muscle fatigue after the workout but i want to make sure i am getting the proper nutrients to recover from these intense sessions. any advice you guys may have please dont hesitate to share!
thanks!
4g of carb per kilogram bodyweight. so take ur weight in lbs and divide by 2.2

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
you could probably eat alot more than that since ur 6 foot tall. hell i had 650 grams of carbs today

EustisPanther

EustisPanther

Awards
  • Established
you could probably eat alot more than that since ur 6 foot tall. hell i had 650 grams of carbs today
If I eat more than 200g a day I get fat ass Sh*t ... your metabolism must be twice as fast as mine. I mean my gf can seriously eat more than I can and she weighs 115 lbs.

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
If I eat more than 200g a day I get fat ass Sh*t ... your metabolism must be twice as fast as mine. I mean my gf can seriously eat more than I can and she weighs 115 lbs.
well i dont eat that many carbs every day i guess i shouldve been more specific but saturday is high carb, off day and cardio day around 100 carb adn then all other days 375-400 carbs , calories in between 3600-4200

Trapstar

Trapstar

Awards
so if i weigh around 185ish i would take in roughtly 336 grams of carbs a day for bulking..
also idk if anyone has ever seen or head of dorian yates style of training but he says all you need is one set to complete muscle failure and it will stimulate growth, anything over that is over training.. i swear my chest got bigger in one workout..no joke...... not to mention after doing 1 set of bench, 1 set of incline, and 1 set of flyes...the next morning i felt so sore it was annoying... try and you;ll see!

Trapstar

Trapstar

Awards
anyone? anyone? i feel like this style of training isnt producing muscle growth.. more just strength. feedback on this would be much appreciate :)