Minimum bulk time?

sub001

Awards
I did a 9 month bulk and recently just got done doing a 2 month cut. I figure there's no way for me to get a nice ripped 6 pack look in time for summer, and also fit in a bulk too. I started my ultra clean bulk earlier than planned this week since my protruding gut I got is now gone, just no rippling abs like I wanted :(, and plan to do it for 10ish weeks. I have made progress quickly before, but is 10 weeks enough to make changes if I hit it hard then cut up afterwards? Even 1 week in I feel more pumped now that I am eating carbs again so I'm very positive for it, but I don't want to gain barely any muscle and just dig myself a deeper hole for another cut if 10 weeks isn't long enough.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
you may like carb cycling then to be honest,

IMO bulk till 15% then cut.

if over 15% cut.

sub001

Awards
you may like carb cycling then to be honest,

IMO bulk till 15% then cut.

if over 15% cut.

I tried a few forms of carb cycling and did not like some of them. I need to figure out what is right for me. I was doing pretty well on just a slight TKD diet. Pretty much just carbs in the morning, and then around a lifting workout. But do you think 10 weeks is enough? I will be taking hdrol 50/75/75/75/ (not the anabolic forum so I didn't want to get into it) which is 5 weeks, then like 6 to try and keep everything on (longer if necessary but from research it shows 4-6 weeks is the recoup time). I don't have the abs I want yet, but in terms of my fat level I'm pretty happy for a pre-bulk. If I go any longer I feel like I'll be shooting myself in the foot in the strength department when it comes time for my pre-beach bulk and cut.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
just recomp eat maintence or like 400calories more, do some cardio and hit those weights hard hdrol for 6 weeks, 5 week PCT 4 week grace period at maintence to maintain strength and recomp a little more and get a little harder,

sub001

Awards
just recomp eat maintence or like 400calories more, do some cardio and hit those weights hard hdrol for 6 weeks, 5 week PCT 4 week grace period at maintence to maintain strength and recomp a little more and get a little harder,
I figure HIIT 1 or 2 times a week, walking uphill maybe once or twice if I don't do HIIT just to keep the blood going and help blood pressure. Then hitting the weights hard and eating super clean but selective. I'd be pretty happy with just a little more muslce puff and definition at the end of it all. People say from like 5-15 pounds, and I'm sure that would be plenty to get me to a short term goal. 400 over maintenance sounds good. I'm trying to slowly ease back into my diet to see how it goes. Right now I just started introducing carbs into most of my meals, then started adding some weight gainer shakes. Depending how my body reacts I'll be starting the calorie surplus by next week and hdrol. I thought about cutting or recomping on hdrol but it seems like to reap the most benefits out of it with my goals in mind, a bulk is what I need.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
keep us posted PM or email if you have any questions.

sub001

Awards
keep us posted PM or email if you have any questions.

Will do, thanks for the info. I might start a thread in the pics section later into the journey. I don't want to get ahead of myself and end up looking like a fat slob with only a before picture and have everyone be like "hmm what happened to him". :lol: