Hows my clean bulk look?

Machwon1

Awards
  • Established
8:30 3/4 cup oats with cup of milk. protein shake (280calories in shake) glass of OJ

1030-1100 power pb(4tb equals 12g fat 24g protein 4 carbs)
and jelly sandwhich. on whole grain bread

1-130 5ounce chicken lunch meat on ww bread with honey mustard or bbq sauce

430- pb n jelly sandwhich

6-7 workout mon-sat

730 protein shake 2 scoops whey with some oats bout 1/4 cup made with milk

830 lean cusine tv dinner or whatever my parents make.

1100 casien shake with milk.

i weigh 180lbs at 5'9" tall at 12%bf.

short term goal-195@12% by august 15 possible on this diet?

long term goal- 205@10%

Machwon1

Awards
  • Established
well breakfast i did a cup of oats with 1 and half cup milk. with a protein shake 1 scoop whey half scoop casien... total breakfast like 800 calories

how does this all look to you guys?

gainsvillian

gainsvillian

Awards
There's definitely a lot of room for improvement. Even though you're bulking, the goal is to add lean mass, not just weight.

Make sure you're using natural PB. Regular has a LOT of bad things in it, including transfats. A lot of companies are making natty pb now, so it's easily available at any grocery store.

Cut out OJ in the morning. Too much unnecessary sugars. If you have to use milk, make sure you're using skim. Again, you want to clean bulk, not just add "weight".

Jelly has a TON of sugar. If you're eating regular pb and regular jelly, STOP. If you need some sort of fruit on there use a natural fruit spread with no added sugar. Make sure you're using whole wheat bread.

Cut out the honey mustard and bbq sauce. Again...sugar! There are some honey mustards that may just be honey and mustard, which would be okay, but others are mayo based, and most have a ton of sugar. BBQ sauce there is no good version of. Skip it. There are a ton of other varieties of mustards that are much better options - creole mustard, chipotle mustard, etc...just check the ingredients and macros when you buy.

Lean cuisines have a ton of preservatives, sodium, etc. Switch to chicken or turkey breast, fish, shrimp, pork tenderloin... You definitely need some more whole food protien in your diet anyway. Even go eggs and whites for dinner. Way better than lean cuisines.

Try and add in brown rice and green vegetables into your diet too. Snack on raw almonds for good fats and to get your cals up.

sub001

Awards
8:30 3/4 cup oats with cup of milk. protein shake (280calories in shake) glass of OJ

1030-1100 power pb(4tb equals 12g fat 24g protein 4 carbs)
and jelly sandwhich. on whole grain bread

1-130 5ounce chicken lunch meat on ww bread with honey mustard or bbq sauce

430- pb n jelly sandwhich

6-7 workout mon-sat

730 protein shake 2 scoops whey with some oats bout 1/4 cup made with milk

830 lean cusine tv dinner or whatever my parents make.

1100 casien shake with milk.

i weigh 180lbs at 5'9" tall at 12%bf.

short term goal-195@12% by august 15 possible on this diet?

long term goal- 205@10%
That's a lot of muscle to get by august. 158.4 lbm now, and 171.6lbm goal. I am not sure on how fast you can gain muscle (i forget the numbers) but add more good carbs and up your meat intake. This seems like a high school diet (my friend who didn't graduate yet ate a lot like this, he finally is getting more into it and making changes). If it all works out good you are getting around 20-30 grams of protein per meal, which is decent, but the calories just don't seem right. Maybe try adding brown rice in instead of sandwiches all the time. It's not a terrible diet, but browse most bulking meal plans, yours just seems a little lackluster.

Try getting in more meats, carbs, and calories, espicially for dinner, get some lean ground beef (I use 93% but from a general consensus 80 is decent) and brown rice and a veggie and chow down. Buy a few pounds of it and make it for dinner a couple nights a week.

sub001

Awards
And like mentioned above, too much sugar which I forgot to add. You want to stay clear of sugars and fats aside from EFAs. Check out my dirty bulk thread and you will see why you want MUSCLE and not MASS haha, I got a bad gut I had to struggle to trim down. You will be excited for weight, but then hate yourself because it is all fat. Sugar just primes your body to store fat, which isn't good.

TheU

Awards
i think you need to revisit your goals thats pretty high gains

TheU

Awards
IF you are trying to bulk which you are u need to eat alot more than this. try to be above 4,000 calories and 2 g of protien for everypound you have. I do 2 g of protien for wat goal weight i wanna reach

weeniman

Awards
IMO you'd stand a better chance of reaching your goal if you did an all-out bulk for 8-10 weeks, then cut for 6-8 weeks.

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Define a clean bulk for me and I'll tell you you're wrong.

Is red meat clean? What about beans or chicken? You would probably say yes to these, maybe not the red meat...

But is a pizza clean given the right opportunity? Anabolic Dieters would say yes...

My point is that a clean diet really isn't easily defined. You're eating sugary crap like jelly, bread, and probably-not-so-healthy Peanut Butter. Sugar and those products with sugar, imo, would be the stuff that would be considered "unclean". Assuming it isn't pre, during, or post workout. Or right after you wake up, within moderation. Or if you're on the Anabolic Diet.

My diet right now consists of protein bread (3g fiber, 5g carbs, 5g protein), eggs, sausage, pork roll, broccoli and other high fiber/water veggies and omega 3 peanut butter.

Edit: 1-2 proteins shakes a day and sugar free GNC pre-workout crapola.

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
IMO you'd stand a better chance of reaching your goal if you did an all-out bulk for 8-10 weeks, then cut for 6-8 weeks.
What kind of mass is he going to build in a mere 10 weeks? Try bulking for 2-4 years and then cutting for 4 months. Seems like a much better use of time than that.

Machwon1

Awards
  • Established
soo heres how i tweaked it... i always use natty peanut buttter forgot to add that... but i cut out the jelly.

i always use whole wheat bread

dinner is now 3 pepper steaks 3 eggs brown rice and green veggies.(sometimes some meatballs or sausage)

lunch i cut out the sauce and eat it dry....

before bed i added 2ounces of chicken breast lunch meat also...

bigblack- doesnt porkroll and sausage have tons of fat.... i looked at the store and all i saw was they were all manily high fat...???

weeniman

Awards
What kind of mass is he going to build in a mere 10 weeks? Try bulking for 2-4 years and then cutting for 4 months. Seems like a much better use of time than that.
If you read the OP, you'd see his goal is 15 lbs. in 4 months.