Adding More Room For More MASS

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
I posted something similar to this in a thread about calves. However, this doesnt apply to just calves but ALL muscle groups. Listen up guys.

Ever reach a point where you feel your arms arent growing or your chest or your legs? Feel like you've hit your size limit? wrong, your forgetting to due, in my eyes, one of the most crucial things when trying to add MASS. STRETCHING. and not just any old kind of stretching, stretching your fasica

Every muscle has a membrane coating it, this membrane is called your Fascia. your muscles can grow up until the point when that membrane is full. Meaning, you can only fit enough mass in your arms/legs/chest etc that your fascia will allow. this is when you feel youve hit your limit. However, more room can become available.

A plastic bag can only hold so much water before it is full. if you stretch that bag out, it can hold more water. Same idea with your fascia. If you stretch out your muscle membrane you allow more room for growth.

for this to be done you must stretch the muscle WHEN THE MUSCLE IS PUMPED. the only way to stretch the membrane is when the muscle is pumped/filled with blood. the muscle is already pushing against the limits of the membrane and stretching at this point is crucial for adding more room. a stretch should be a deep, loaded (weighted) stretch held for 30-60 seconds.

For example. after my chest workout when my chest is completely filled with blood i will lie on a flat bench with very light weights and hold the deep stretch to a fly. I will hold that stretch for 45 seconds and then ill repeat once or twice more. Thats it, your membrane is already starting to be stretched.This should be done for each muscle group after its worked/while its pumped. A few mini stretches during your exercise helps aswell.

the fascia coating your calves is stronger/more dense because of its weight beering properties so stretch this one more and deeper then say biceps.

you may put it aside and continue not to stretch but then you will be limited to how big you will become. Have fun getting bigger

* do not decide to do this type of stretching and neglect proper nutrition and trainning. that would be a big mistake.

spezzy

Awards
Great theory. I think I've experienced this phenomena. I do the same chest stretching as you and also stretch my triceps and shoulders.. but never my biceps. My biceps have seemed to stop growing. I'll definitely try this out.
Cheers
-Nikko

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
Great theory. I think I've experienced this phenomena. I do the same chest stretching as you and also stretch my triceps and shoulders.. but never my biceps. My biceps have seemed to stop growing. I'll definitely try this out.
Cheers
-Nikko
Theory? this is fact, try it for your biceps etc...

spezzy

Awards
Suppose you're right. Just wasn't sure how to phrase it as this is the first time I've seen it mentioned to be honest.

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
yall been stretching? doesnt seem like it

lyfespan

lyfespan

Awards
  • Established
will have to do a lil m ore of this, when i do i usually find the the weights move a lil easier even with the increased weight.

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
ima try it tomorrow
this is something that has to be done after every lift. It takes time to stretch out the membrane.

no kidding, if its not stretched youll be limited and not even realize it.

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I posted something similar to this in a thread about calves. However, this doesnt apply to just calves but ALL muscle groups. Listen up guys.

Ever reach a point where you feel your arms arent growing or your chest or your legs? Feel like you've hit your size limit? wrong, your forgetting to due, in my eyes, one of the most crucial things when trying to add MASS. STRETCHING. and not just any old kind of stretching, stretching your fasica

Every muscle has a membrane coating it, this membrane is called your Fascia. your muscles can grow up until the point when that membrane is full. Meaning, you can only fit enough mass in your arms/legs/chest etc that your fascia will allow. this is when you feel youve hit your limit. However, more room can become available.

A plastic bag can only hold so much water before it is full. if you stretch that bag out, it can hold more water. Same idea with your fascia. If you stretch out your muscle membrane you allow more room for growth.

for this to be done you must stretch the muscle WHEN THE MUSCLE IS PUMPED. the only way to stretch the membrane is when the muscle is pumped/filled with blood. the muscle is already pushing against the limits of the membrane and stretching at this point is crucial for adding more room. a stretch should be a deep, loaded (weighted) stretch held for 30-60 seconds.

For example. after my chest workout when my chest is completely filled with blood i will lie on a flat bench with very light weights and hold the deep stretch to a fly. I will hold that stretch for 45 seconds and then ill repeat once or twice more. Thats it, your membrane is already starting to be stretched.This should be done for each muscle group after its worked/while its pumped. A few mini stretches during your exercise helps aswell.

the fascia coating your calves is stronger/more dense because of its weight beering properties so stretch this one more and deeper then say biceps.

you may put it aside and continue not to stretch but then you will be limited to how big you will become. Have fun getting bigger

* do not decide to do this type of stretching and neglect proper nutrition and trainning. that would be a big mistake.
Nice post, bro.

I started doing stretches like these during my workouts, usually after the last set of a specific muscle group and I've noticed a positive difference as far as my physique is concerned. For instance, my chest has always been one of my weakest areas mostly because of genetics rather than a lack of effort. The things that ended up helping me the most were doing stretches like you mentioned (a la extreme stretching mentioned in DC training) and neck presses (look them up if you're actually wanting to better target your upper chest because compared to inclines, these actually do something.. lol).

So yeah, I think this is some good info.

Also, when doing any stretches like he's mentioned, be very careful not to overdo it. Use some common sense.

Peace

Mick81

Mick81

Awards

I read that thread on stretching calves that you posted and was impressed, so done a little digging on the internets for more info. Seems to be a fair amount backing this, and I've been following my workouts with a good stretch ever since. I've always stretched, but never made it actually part of my workout.

Definately makes a difference in muscle composition, and I'm noticing that I'm recovering a hell of a lot quicker. Also noticing the pump after workout lasts longer.

Cheers,
Mick.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Preston1 Natural Bodybuilding 6
Supplements 12
papo6167 Supplements 30
Training Forum 0
Dwight Schrute Forum Suggestions and News 43