broke my right hand

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.73%

Thumbs down broke my right hand

sooo yea i broke my right hand and now i cant workout for like almost 2 months... i dont want to loose all my gains... what can i do so i dont loose all my gains

2. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.5%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by getbig1989 View Post
    sooo yea i broke my right hand and now i cant workout for like almost 2 months... i dont want to loose all my gains... what can i do so i dont loose all my gains
    Others will be able to chime in better then me. Overall I would use this time to concentrate on rest and to keep eating heavy. Get better though man, that sucks.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.04%

I know how you feel. I was forced to be sedentary for 3 months. What type of cast are you in? Up to your forearm?

On the bright side, muscle memory will put you back to where you were in a few weeks. And if you're like me, it'll put you up a few more pounds than you were originally.
    •   

4. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by getbig1989 View Post
    I understand your pain and frustration - I broke my left wrist (in two places) around this time last year and was out for about the same amount of time. You need to find out what your Maintenance is for your sex, age, height, and weight at either a "sedentary" or "very low" activity level (since that's what you'll be), and then maintain your caloric intake at that or slightly above. Your NUTRITION will be the most important thing in maintaining for you during the time you cannot train.

You can add in a few days of cardio - since you can still do that, once the pain is manageable, on things like a stationary bike, etc. - if you want to remain active. You can also do lower body calisthenics/plyometrics - again, once the pain is manageable; if you're anything like I was, even the slightest movement for most of the time was PAIN.

As mentioned, once you can train again, your strength, etc. will come back fast enough - mine did. You need to make sure that you DO start off easy, though, and take the time to rehabilitate your hand/injury properly, or you will make things worse and put yourself out for longer.

~Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  157 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.77%

You can't do anything like core/legs? I have one arm (no left), and it's never really held me back. It's probably different being in a cast though. Can you just refrain from right arm exercises and do the rest?
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.73%

I had surgery on Tuesday so i'm on a splint not a cast I have 4 pins on my right hand which it's really frustrating since I'm a righty anyways I'm just eating alot for now and I'm getting a cast in one week
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  238 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.38%

One handed dead lifts and clean and presses. I have read somewhere that if you work out one side of your body the other side will still grow and get stronger..must be around somewhere...Good time to strengthen your weak side anyway hehheh.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.53%

I broke my right hand punching something ...

Anyway.. It re-broke about five weeks later while in the cast using it to hit something else.. and then broke it a third time after that. Now my right hand is permanently shorter than my left because the bones grew back curved. Long story short I still lifted and did cardio to keep up. I would slide my hand though a handle for the cables and hold it on my wrist to do curls and tricep pull downs. As long as it's not hurting you , you can still use the arm. Just go light, and stay active.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.74%

I broke my wriste a year ago during a boxing match ya i know ****ty tape job oh well...

I focused on my legs i worked on my legs and abs during my recovery..

Ya loading a 45 pound plate on a leg press with one hand was a little awkward at first but no biggie...

Similar Forum Threads

1. I broke my hand, again.....
    By Rodja in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-03-2011, 01:53 AM
  2. Mental Health And Vitamin B12 Go Hand In Hand
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2009, 08:48 PM
  3. Do strength/muscle size go hand in hand ?
    By ReaperX in forum General Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-14-2007, 02:32 PM
  4. broke hand mid cycle what should i do?
    By scarfacebling in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-12-2005, 09:03 PM