Need help guys

gooch06

Awards
I need some help guys I am a 6"2 330 22yr college student who wants to cut down and get defind. I would like to be a solid 250 ish depending on how much muscle I have Im pretty strong Im not a lazy ass I play some basketball and lift every now and then. I will post pics tomorrow on how I look I would appericate any help u guys could give Im tired of not being able to buy cloths of the shelf instead I have to order 3x shirts and 46-48 pants. If I can get on a regiment I feel I can accomplish this and get some kick ass results. Lol the 2 pics are from the beach where I had been drinking ...

Attachments

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
I need some help guys I am a 6"2 330 22yr college student who wants to cut down and get defind. I would like to be a solid 250 ish depending on how much muscle I have Im pretty strong Im not a lazy ass I play some basketball and lift every now and then. I will post pics tomorrow on how I look I would appericate any help u guys could give Im tired of not being able to buy cloths of the shelf instead I have to order 3x shirts and 46-48 pants. If I can get on a regiment I feel I can accomplish this and get some kick ass results.
Your first step is finding a diet that will suit your goals and second is to find a training program that fits you and is one you will stick to (maybe not one you necessarily like, but one that you can stick to and will work). My suggestion...just use the search function here and you will be able to find plenty of info to point you in the right direction. Also...check out the other big forum...BB (as in BodyBuilding) Dot Com as that site has a great selection of information and articles that will be very beneficial to you. :)

Cheers!:cheers:

TheU

Awards
burn more calories then you take in. You will probably be looking more cardio route. probably not wanting to post in the bulking forum for this as well...

Dan 55

Awards
i was kind of in the same boat and i made a mistake that you dont have to. Do not trry to put on muscle and lose fat simultaneously. I learned the hard way, but you first have to drop to a weight you are comfortable with. Just relax on the muscle building i wanna be ripped idea and just focus on losing the fat which means low calories. When you feel happy with where you are at then you can lower the cardio and up the calories to put on some more muscle. i was 230, droped to 190 then bulked up to 212. Just focus on one aspect at a time and you will be satisfied much faster.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Within reason, this is sound. Don't go lowering your cals too much. 500kcal deficit is plenty. Also bear in mind that as a new trainee, some muscle gain can be expected, along with body recomposition, simply due to physical adaption to the work load.

Additionally, while cardio is beneficial, weights are what will maintain the muscle you have and form the mainstay of your fat-loss progress.

It's not hard to gain or lose weight once you understand the basic mechanics. It's far more challenging to retain LBM while losing adipose.

i was kind of in the same boat and i made a mistake that you dont have to. Do not trry to put on muscle and lose fat simultaneously. I learned the hard way, but you first have to drop to a weight you are comfortable with. Just relax on the muscle building i wanna be ripped idea and just focus on losing the fat which means low calories. When you feel happy with where you are at then you can lower the cardio and up the calories to put on some more muscle. i was 230, droped to 190 then bulked up to 212. Just focus on one aspect at a time and you will be satisfied much faster.

lilnardey

lilnardey

Awards
  • Established
Good post Resolve. And thats a nice bass gooch06, I love fishing lol

gooch06

Awards
Thx man me too haha hopefully Ill get my alpha t2 and OxyElite Pro also would it be ok if I also added Diesel test pro ?

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thx man me too haha hopefully Ill get my alpha t2 and OxyElite Pro also would it be ok if I also added Diesel test pro ?
Yeah, it'd be fine. Just be forewarned that while those supps will help, they can't overcome a bad diet or poor routine. So, make sure everything else is in order so that you get the most out of your products.

gooch06

Awards
Thx for all the help guys !! hopefully I can get my stuff ordered and get my routine and diet going so I can do it all summer