Need a bulking rountine with body wieght?? at home

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  197 lbs.

Need a bulking rountine with body wieght?? at home

I am looking to bulk up and need a rountine that will let me do this at home with little to no weight equipment! I only have 15lb dumbbells and a set of 20lbers. They in theroy are to light for me i used to curl 30's in the gym but i have no money to buy any equipment or have a gym membership anymore. Does anyone have a great body weight workout? or liek towels i heard for soem exercises I need one bad been trying to figure it out but cant thing of anything!! Please help I wanna keep bulking up! I have a hour to train mon-fri

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  152 lbs.

Bulking's gonna be hard without legit stuff. But you can keep strength fairly high. Plyometrics like jump squats and push ups with a clap will work well. And for those towel exercises, use a towel to do pullups and chinups. Add sit ups, other an work, and lunges and that's a full body for ya.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.

so i never believed in any of this bodyweight crap cause i never saw much from it... until i recently took a class at my college called intro to fitness where we did circuit training with mostly bodyweight exercises, a little db work, some medicine ball work, and some bands. Anyways the whole this is focused on working your core... which i NEVER worked prior too this... anyways well in 8 weeks I didn't get bigger really, except my midsection which is much firmer now and i lost fat but am weighing the same. The best part though... I didn't touch heavy weights the whole time and my bench press one rep max went up 20 lbs and my curls went up almost 10 lbs per arm... so i wasn't a believe in core work before but I definitely am now because apparently strengthening my core overall made me much stronger.

Anyways Ill work on getting the workouts for you

Its pretty much like 8-12 stations (exercises) and you do each station for 20-30 seconds and then rest about 10 before you start the next one
    •   

4. Registered User

subbed only cause I'm studying abroad for 4 weeks this summer and need a routine to keep my strength
  5. Registered User

bump
  6. Registered User

bump
  7. Registered User

sorry to bump again but i find it hard to believe that no one on all of AM has a body weight bodybuilding routine.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.

.... you could google body weight training also.

http://www.bodyweightculture.com/

If you cant get a complete AWESOME workout from the above website you should just go hide under a rock

Try being creative like these guys below...

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLCWMVkMLSs"]YouTube- FREESTYLIN ON THE PULL-BAR[/nomedia]
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g19Q65g_3c&feature=re lated"]YouTube- Flying human flag oblique ab crunch vert: Luc /marcusbondi[/nomedia]
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlXhQWe4fqQ&feature=re lated"]YouTube- FREESTYLING ON THE DIP BAR[/nomedia]
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjCMq2zkbOo"]YouTube- Dragon flag[/nomedia]

For training your legs do sprints up a hill, do 3 sets of 5 sprints up a hill. As you get heavier from eating your body will have to accommodate by building more muscle to move yourself. This will also apply to pull ups, dips, etc....

For calve training I suggest doing jump rope for 3 sets of 2 minutes high intensity or go on a nice 1 mile run/jog and never let your heals touch the ground (stay on your toes only!)

I had been in MMA for a while and had managed to bulk from 175 to 190 (note I had some help with epistane on this) doing nothing but bodyweight exercises so I can tell you it is very real and alot easier than you would think.

175lbs
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/im...115092orig.jpg

190lbs
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/im...407502orig.jpg

100% bodyweight exercises only

Here is an example workout plan I had used during that time

Do this workout every other day (mon, wed, fri, sun):

10 pushups, every minute on the minute for 10 minutes (military style

Begin with these as fast as you can do them, so first set takes you say 20 seconds, well you get 40 seconds break then do again. As you do them by around set 5 you will have accumulated alot of fatigue and it will take you 40 seconds or so per set, as you get to the last sets it is nearly impossible to fire them out. If this is easy put some weight on your back.

5 free hang wide grip pull ups every minute on the minute for 10 minutes

Same thing as the pushups

5 burpees every minute on the minute for 10 minutes

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_Dq_NCzj8M"]YouTube- Burpees[/nomedia]
    Use the above style. If you need it to be harder get a chair/bench and have your feet land on the chair/bench to increase your height and add intensity

That is pretty much your bread and butter for the weight gaining/strength gaining with bodyweight.

You may also (if you need more leg training) want to do as I said above sprints up a hill or run/jog on your toes but do that later on in the day (I suggest at least 6 hours apart from that above posted workout).

Next thing is MAKE SURE YOU ARE EATING!
    For me it took TONS of CARBS!
    To gain that much I was eating 500g carbs a day (pasta/pasta sauce made up my carb source) and around 220-250g protein per day. The only weight you have is your body so you have to force your body to gain weight, whether it be fat or muscle.

I guarantee you if you eat enough to gain 5 lbs and you can maintain all of the above exercises I gave you and not lose a single rep, that you are gaining a good amount of muscle and will have amazing endurance.

BTW if you want me to make you up a bw routine or help you with other exercises pm me as I am really efficient at bodyweight training.

-James
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'4"  140 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Machwon1 View Post
    I am looking to bulk up and need a rountine that will let me do this at home with little to no weight equipment! I only have 15lb dumbbells and a set of 20lbers. They in theroy are to light for me i used to curl 30's in the gym but i have no money to buy any equipment or have a gym membership anymore. Does anyone have a great body weight workout? or liek towels i heard for soem exercises I need one bad been trying to figure it out but cant thing of anything!! Please help I wanna keep bulking up! I have a hour to train mon-fri
    Just so you know, you bulk by consuming more calories than you need, not by exercising.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  165 lbs.

look into to hindu exercises they are pretty good, also try handstand pushups super effective for shoulders but hard as F, maybe look into sandbag training ive heard its quite effective and relatively low cost. there are several forums dedicated to bodyweight exercise i cant remember the names right now but if you google im sure it wont take much to find some

bodyweight exercises can be very effective but as you start to get more reps you've gotta find a way to jack up the intensity a little more, i used to do 3 weeks with weights then one week bodyweight routine it got me pushin a little more weight.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Workout Rountine
    By Gcbears12 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-01-2010, 01:51 PM
  2. Bulking body, or cut? (PIC)
    By someguy1984 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-04-2009, 12:04 PM
  3. maintain low body fat bulking?? help
    By sportf190 in forum Nutrition / Health