First Official Bulk: Rate my homemade gainer

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. First Official Bulk: Rate my homemade gainer


    Hello, I have been lifting seriously for about two years now, while I have made significant progress in terms of strength I seem to not have made much in terms of mass. For example when I first began lifting I was benching 215 for one rep, now I have gone up to about 13 reps. My weight has hovered anywhere between 155-165, keep in mind I stand 5'7.

    In order to help put on more mass I have decided to supplement with a homemade gainer 2X per day. let me know what you guys think, the ingredients I use are as follows;

    1 scoop ON 100% whey
    1 Scoop ON Nitrocore 24
    1/2 cup of ground up raw quaker oats
    1 banana
    3 tbsp natural peanut butter or almond butter
    12-16oz non-fat milk


  2. I highly recommend using whole milk instead of the non-fat. If you haven't been gaining any weight, your calories aren't high enough. The extra calories from the whole milk will be a big help in getting overal calories up, especially if you're taking this two times a day. The oats and peanut butter are great ideas.
    •   
       


  3. i second the use of whole milk. i have to keep drinking whole milk during the first 3-4 weeks of my cut just to help keep muscle on, it will do nothing but help your bulk dont worry

  4. why add whole milkl, he can add more nut butter, 5g leucine, and maybe a lil bit of oil.

    whole milk isnt needed IMO

    4 tablespoon nutbutter is 32g fat (give or take) and 288 calories, plus 50g protein another 200 calories, and 50-75g carbs 200-300 calories

    800 calories or so not including indirect carbs, from protein and PB, indirect fat from protein and carbs.

    that should be pretty dam good

    personally im lactose intolerant and dont eat any dairy

    1 cup rice milk
    4 tablespoon PB
    2 servings farina
    1 serving weight control oats
    2 scoop protein

    depending on consistancy i may add more rice milk

    thats a pretty high calorie MRS

    you could opt for Hemp milk and get the fat and carbs too,

    Just giving suggestions

  5. milk fat is good for you expecially on a bulk man. i dont believe in foods boosting test enough to make a difference but milk fat is proven to boost it some. also it is good fat cals, ALOT of good fat cals. dont be mistaken that the only good fats come from nuts and fish, they also come from milk and eggs.

    milk fat equals more quality fats, and he can add more pb too just dont neglect the importance of whole milk man.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Ricky5145 View Post
    milk fat is good for you expecially on a bulk man. i dont believe in foods boosting test enough to make a difference but milk fat is proven to boost it some. also it is good fat cals, ALOT of good fat cals. dont be mistaken that the only good fats come from nuts and fish, they also come from milk and eggs.

    milk fat equals more quality fats, and he can add more pb too just dont neglect the importance of whole milk man.
    i dont want to even get into the discussion of milk use, and milk fats. and milk fats is proven to boost it some? point me in the direction of that literature please

    Coconut oil does that as well, (cholesterol synthesis in the testis)
    olive oil- cant remember exactly what it did but had something to do with conversion to test (there was a thread about it, i read the article a while back so forgive me for not remembering offhand)

    but yes saturated fats are important as well,

    coconut oil fills that bill as well

    and saying that its a lot of good fat cals is tru, but when someone wants more fat theres better ways to do it .

    even heavy cream works, but like i said im lactose intolerant,

    and milk does not do well for a lot of people even if they arent lactose intolerant, most people have slight milk allergy leading to increased water retention, and it makes you skin appear thicker, but thats another arguement not ment for here and was discussed in different thread already

  7. Drink the whole milk! Besides breast milk, what is the next best option for babies and toddlers? Milk. If it's good enough to promote growth in the earliest stages of life when strength and overall development are the most imortant things, why would it not be one of the best options for growth in healthy adults? If he's training hard enough, the fat isn't going to bother him one bit.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    i dont want to even get into the discussion of milk use, and milk fats. and milk fats is proven to boost it some? point me in the direction of that literature please

    Coconut oil does that as well, (cholesterol synthesis in the testis)
    olive oil- cant remember exactly what it did but had something to do with conversion to test (there was a thread about it, i read the article a while back so forgive me for not remembering offhand)

    but yes saturated fats are important as well,

    coconut oil fills that bill as well

    and saying that its a lot of good fat cals is tru, but when someone wants more fat theres better ways to do it .

    even heavy cream works, but like i said im lactose intolerant,

    and milk does not do well for a lot of people even if they arent lactose intolerant, most people have slight milk allergy leading to increased water retention, and it makes you skin appear thicker, but thats another arguement not ment for here and was discussed in different thread already

    i think someone heres gotta lil grudge against milk...

    anyway, drink the whole milk. im sorry but saying not to is just a bad arguement. theres nothing behind it.

    milk fat is good fat. hes on a bulk. end of story

    lets talk about the rest of what he said now, the arguement about the milk fat shouldnt even have been brought up because there is no argument there

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Ironhyde View Post
    Drink the whole milk! Besides breast milk, what is the next best option for babies and toddlers? Milk. If it's good enough to promote growth in the earliest stages of life when strength and overall development are the most imortant things, why would it not be one of the best options for growth in healthy adults? If he's training hard enough, the fat isn't going to bother him one bit.
    you obviously missed a lot of what i said,

    first of all, COWs milk is optimal for calves, but whatever,

    oh and what i bolded, isnt true, formula was based around what breast milk has. and Milk being a source of calcium, is why its promoted so heavily, as a Nation relying on processed food, Calcium intake has dropped severly. While growing calcium is importand for bones and much more thats just one example obviously. As people age their ability to digest the Milk and Milk proteins becomes harder, hence Lactose intolerance

    also breast milk is best due to the amount of colostrum in it to help with growth, caloric intake ect.

    and MOST healthy adults have a MILK ALLERGY,

    sorry, i may lose more weight drinking it from all the pissing out my ass ill be doing.

    Fat your right wont bother him, unless he has gall bladder issues which is why i reccomended the other options.

    there are better calories then "milk calories". you waqnt to add another 200 calories?

    milk is not the be all end all people

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Ricky5145 View Post
    i think someone heres gotta lil grudge against milk...

    anyway, drink the whole milk. im sorry but saying not to is just a bad arguement. theres nothing behind it.

    milk fat is good fat. hes on a bulk. end of story

    lets talk about the rest of what he said now, the arguement about the milk fat shouldnt even have been brought up because there is no argument there
    yea milk fat is good fat there are other good fats,

    i even said heavy cream works, i was merely giving options but every one thinks milk is be all end all

    I dont have a grudge against milk my ass does,

  11. Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    yea milk fat is good fat there are other good fats,

    i even said heavy cream works, i was merely giving options but every one thinks milk is be all end all

    I dont have a grudge against milk my ass does,

    no one ever said milk is the end all be all. that was never even implied. what was implied was by using whole milk you get MORE good fats and more calories. if he drinks a few glasses of milk a day then if he changes it to whole milk he gets EVEN MORE calories. when your on a bulk its all about calories. i dont have a milk allergy and i only know a hand full of people who do. this thread isnt about milk. hes on a bulk so drink whole milk.

  12. the underlying point is....calories.
    doesn't matter if he used cow, goat, or soy milk. or he can skip right to cream if he really wants calories.
    he can plug his ingredients into fitday.com and see how many calories each shake is, then figure out how many total he takes in a day and adjust upwards until the pounds start to pile on.
    i use whole milk in mine plus olive oil or cream. mine work out to about 1100 cals each. now thats a bulking shake. 2-3/day do me good.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by urbanski View Post
    the underlying point is....calories.
    doesn't matter if he used cow, goat, or soy milk. or he can skip right to cream if he really wants calories.
    he can plug his ingredients into fitday.com and see how many calories each shake is, then figure out how many total he takes in a day and adjust upwards until the pounds start to pile on.
    i use whole milk in mine plus olive oil or cream. mine work out to about 1100 cals each. now thats a bulking shake. 2-3/day do me good.
    i use goat milk in my shakes. and what of this cream you speak of? is it delicious??

  14. this is what i use twice a day

    whole milk
    1 and 1/2 cups of oats
    1 banana
    2 large scoops of vanilla ice cream
    2 eggs
    2 scoops of nitrocore 24
    flaxseed
    once in a while i will add in berries and stuff for taste and more cals
    2 spoon fulls of vanilla yogurt
    Performance Labs Product Specialist


  15. Quote Originally Posted by Ricky5145 View Post
    i use goat milk in my shakes. and what of this cream you speak of? is it delicious??
    cream! whipping cream, pure cream. however its labeled. i buy quarts at Sams club and run through them, along with 1/2 gal bottles of extra light OO.


    the OO really makes the shakes heavy, the cream makes them sweet and frothy.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Ricky5145 View Post
    no one ever said milk is the end all be all. that was never even implied. what was implied was by using whole milk you get MORE good fats and more calories. if he drinks a few glasses of milk a day then if he changes it to whole milk he gets EVEN MORE calories. when your on a bulk its all about calories. i dont have a milk allergy and i only know a hand full of people who do. this thread isnt about milk. hes on a bulk so drink whole milk.
    you realize a serving of nut butter is more calories then a cup of milk right?

    and its good fats too

    and you realize a handful of walnuts in between meals is even better then milk inbetween meals,

    your right CALORIES

    both a serving of raw nuts or nut butter have more calories then milk!

  17. Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    you obviously missed a lot of what i said,

    first of all, COWs milk is optimal for calves, but whatever,

    oh and what i bolded, isnt true, formula was based around what breast milk has. and Milk being a source of calcium, is why its promoted so heavily, as a Nation relying on processed food, Calcium intake has dropped severly. While growing calcium is importand for bones and much more thats just one example obviously. As people age their ability to digest the Milk and Milk proteins becomes harder, hence Lactose intolerance

    also breast milk is best due to the amount of colostrum in it to help with growth, caloric intake ect.

    and MOST healthy adults have a MILK ALLERGY,

    sorry, i may lose more weight drinking it from all the pissing out my ass ill be doing.

    Fat your right wont bother him, unless he has gall bladder issues which is why i reccomended the other options.

    there are better calories then "milk calories". you waqnt to add another 200 calories?

    milk is not the be all end all people
    Obviously YOU missed a lot of what I said...

    I said what's the next best option BESIDES breat milk for babies...good ol' cow's milk. Why would you assume he has gall bladder issues??

    Sorry you're so bitter towards milk for whatever reason. You can have your handful of walnuts and cups of rice milk. The rest of us will just opt to drink straight from the udder and continue to get bigger and stronger!

  18. good point....my wife tends to hit peanut butter and nuts for her snacks/extra calories. i however just dont like their taste, so i look elsewhere. things like cheese, milk, salami

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Ironhyde View Post
    Obviously YOU missed a lot of what I said...

    I said what's the next best option BESIDES breat milk for babies...good ol' cow's milk. Why would you assume he has gall bladder issues??

    Sorry you're so bitter towards milk for whatever reason. You can have your handful of walnuts and cups of rice milk. The rest of us will just opt to drink straight from the udder and continue to get bigger and stronger!
    LOL cows milk isnt actually the next best for babies, but OK

    im not assuming i was relating the fact that you said to much fat is bad, or something to that effect , or too much fat wont hurt him, i said it would IF theres gall bladder issues,

    EITHER WAY

    what i say still stands IMO, you should try it,

    i try and stay gluten free and lactose free, body composition is MUCH better when removing them from diet

  20. Quote Originally Posted by urbanski View Post
    good point....my wife tends to hit peanut butter and nuts for her snacks/extra calories. i however just dont like their taste, so i look elsewhere. things like cheese, milk, salami
    Yea if you can do it do it, i was merely giving options

  21. Quote Originally Posted by urbanski View Post
    cream! whipping cream, pure cream. however its labeled. i buy quarts at Sams club and run through them, along with 1/2 gal bottles of extra light OO.


    the OO really makes the shakes heavy, the cream makes them sweet and frothy.
    a serving almond butter, with a serving EVOO, in shake is AWESOME

    i used to do shots of olive oil with each meal when bulking which is 30g fat per shot.

    that really helped calories

  22. Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    you realize a serving of nut butter is more calories then a cup of milk right?

    and its good fats too

    and you realize a handful of walnuts in between meals is even better then milk inbetween meals,

    your right CALORIES

    both a serving of raw nuts or nut butter have more calories then milk!
    your acting as if you should eat nuts or peanut butter instead of milk.

    you are wrong we are saying eat them both. i get you cant drink it, but we all can so we are going to drink up. you are missing the point.. it was whatever at first but know im starting to doubt your knowledge. not advocating whole milk for an able bodied person who can drink it? rediculous

  23. [QUOTE=Ironhyde; Sorry you're so bitter towards milk for whatever reason. You can have your handful of walnuts and cups of rice milk. The rest of us will just opt to drink straight from the udder and continue to get bigger and stronger![/QUOTE]

    my thoughts exactly

  24. Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    LOL cows milk isnt actually the next best for babies, but OK

    im not assuming i was relating the fact that you said to much fat is bad, or something to that effect , or too much fat wont hurt him, i said it would IF theres gall bladder issues,

    EITHER WAY

    what i say still stands IMO, you should try it,

    i try and stay gluten free and lactose free, body composition is MUCH better when removing them from diet


    go ahead and eat like a squirrel while us real body builders keep doing what we are doing that has been working for us during bulk. sure we eat almonds and natty butter, but u cant replace milk. lemme guess what ur next tip for bulking is....eating salad instead of chicken? oh, with almonds. cant forget that
    Performance Labs Product Specialist


  25. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    go ahead and eat like a squirrel while us real body builders keep doing what we are doing that has been working for us during bulk. sure we eat almonds and natty butter, but u cant replace milk. lemme guess what ur next tip for bulking is....eating salad instead of chicken? oh, with almonds. cant forget that
    not even going to go there,

    milks very replacable

    enjoy it,

  26. trust me, we will

  27. hmm...and all your items arent? whats your problem with milk??? and dont even go there will gall bladder issues. i work in the med field. he didnt even say anything about gall bladder issues that i saw. many things are good from milk. the amt of calcium that should be consumed daily is around 900 mg give or take 100 or so. most americans fall short of that. an extra glass of milk can fill the void. calcium may even lower the risk of high blood pressure, coronary heart disease, stroke, and type 2 diabetes. calcium is also the number one mineral that, on average, we lack in our diet daily. what can fix that? milk. calcium deficiency can lead to hypertension(high blood pressure). what can fix that? milk. i could go on for hours man. if u want more examples ill keep going. and dont say "oh, u can just take a multi vitamin or a calcium pill". calcium pills are mainly for ppl who are lactose intolerant.(cant drink milk because they are allergic to lactose, the sugar in milk) or for ppl who need more. but for the average joe, milk is what u need for many things in the body
    Performance Labs Product Specialist


  28. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    hmm...and all your items arent? whats your problem with milk??? and dont even go there will gall bladder issues. i work in the med field. he didnt even say anything about gall bladder issues that i saw. many things are good from milk. the amt of calcium that should be consumed daily is around 900 mg give or take 100 or so. most americans fall short of that. an extra glass of milk can fill the void. calcium may even lower the risk of high blood pressure, coronary heart disease, stroke, and type 2 diabetes. calcium is also the number one mineral that, on average, we lack in our diet daily. what can fix that? milk. calcium deficiency can lead to hypertension(high blood pressure). what can fix that? milk. i could go on for hours man. if u want more examples ill keep going. and dont say "oh, u can just take a multi vitamin or a calcium pill". calcium pills are mainly for ppl who are lactose intolerant.(cant drink milk because they are allergic to lactose, the sugar in milk) or for ppl who need more. but for the average joe, milk is what u need for many things in the body
    lol i stated that,

    and i refered to gall bladder isues because someone mentioned something about him and the fat consumed you may have misread it.

    i dont have a problem w milk as i stated my ASS DOES

    PS protein shakes provide calcium

  29. Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    you obviously missed a lot of what i said,

    first of all, COWs milk is optimal for calves, but whatever,

    oh and what i bolded, isnt true, formula was based around what breast milk has. and Milk being a source of calcium, is why its promoted so heavily, as a Nation relying on processed food, Calcium intake has dropped severly. While growing calcium is importand for bones and much more thats just one example obviously. As people age their ability to digest the Milk and Milk proteins becomes harder, hence Lactose intolerance

    also breast milk is best due to the amount of colostrum in it to help with growth, caloric intake ect.

    and MOST healthy adults have a MILK ALLERGY,

    sorry, i may lose more weight drinking it from all the pissing out my ass ill be doing.

    Fat your right wont bother him, unless he has gall bladder issues which is why i reccomended the other options.

    there are better calories then "milk calories". you waqnt to add another 200 calories?

    milk is not the be all end all people
    this was a responce to another statement that i will bold
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    you realize a serving of nut butter is more calories then a cup of milk right?

    and its good fats too

    and you realize a handful of walnuts in between meals is even better then milk inbetween meals,

    your right CALORIES

    both a serving of raw nuts or nut butter have more calories then milk!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironhyde View Post
    Drink the whole milk! Besides breast milk, what is the next best option for babies and toddlers? Milk. If it's good enough to promote growth in the earliest stages of life when strength and overall development are the most imortant things, why would it not be one of the best options for growth in healthy adults? If he's training hard enough, the fat isn't going to bother him one bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky5145 View Post
    your acting as if you should eat nuts or peanut butter instead of milk.

    you are wrong we are saying eat them both. i get you cant drink it, but we all can so we are going to drink up. you are missing the point.. it was whatever at first but know im starting to doubt your knowledge. not advocating whole milk for an able bodied person who can drink it? rediculous
    instead of milk? i am not necessarily saying dont drink it, im merely stating BETTER options that will and can result in those calories that are needed on a bulk,[/U]
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    lol i stated that,

    and i refered to gall bladder isues because someone mentioned something about him and the fat consumed you may have misread it.

    i dont have a problem w milk as i stated my ASS DOES

    PS protein shakes provide calcium
    last qoute was in relation to the guy in the "med feild"

  30. you do not want people to come in here who cannot drink milk or have celiac or UC, to think they cant bulk without it.

    your making it sound like a staple when it is not
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Homemade Weight Gainer Recipies- POST EM HERE!
    By schwellington in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-23-2010, 02:58 PM
  2. LK's Bulk,Hard gainer needs advice/critique
    By Legacykid in forum Bulking
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 09-30-2009, 12:57 AM
  3. Homemade weight gainer
    By ezyryder08 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-22-2009, 10:30 PM
  4. Best flour for homemade gainer?
    By bulls**t in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-10-2007, 08:51 PM
Log in
Log in