It's official....stretch marks on my calves...awesome

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
i used to have scrawny 16 inch calves this time last year. to me there is nothing more impressive than a great physique that has huge forearms and calves. mine were lagging so i was determined to bring them up. i was walking up the stairs to the gym today and the guy behind me said,

"holy ****! you have stretch marks on your calves! their huge!"

they measured in at 20's. 4 inches in a year. i'm not bragging i am just very happy,

if you have a similar story about an exploding body part go ahead and post it hear. its always awesome to hear great progress stories....well at least for me. i find it motivational

omni

omni

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, Inquiring minds want to know. Is this how you keep an idiot in suspense?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
come on rick!!!! help us with tiny calves out! we have legs like tree trunks but no calves! maybe HST will help me out. just started it today

Link24

Awards
  • Established
How about some pictures!! 5'10 with 20inch calves that would look unreal!!

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
Synthol????

Just kidding man, but I would love to hear your secret. I blast my calves multiple times per week and they are still smaller than I would like.

Zaneseed

Awards
that is so cool lol. nothing completes a physique like a pair of diamond calves

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
i dont have a camera but im going to try to get one with my phone for you guys who want to see, and as far as my routine goes.. youll have to wait til 2:00 cause my class starts in 10 min and i still have to drive there

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Cant wait to see this routine haha, but judging from your pics, I dont doubt your calf size at all...

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
class was canceled...sweet for me...anyway

what i did was:

i used to work my calves 3 times a week and nothing happend. then i worked them every single day and they got no bigger, then i got pissed and neglected them. finally after going on this bulk i knew that i wasnt going to be happy until i got huge calves so i looked up all kinds of calve workouts and who said what on the internet and blah blah blah until i was i just figured i am going to train them like i would chest. once a week and hit them hard.

i did, 2 warm up sets of standing clave raises, then i did 1 working set (as i do with all body parts) and i did 10-12 reps, really slow controlled reps all the way up all the way down. even when i couldnt get another full rep i keep going with slow 1/2 reps, then slow 1/4 reps until i could not budge it anymore and they felt like they were going to pop.

then i went to the leg press (we have no seated calve raises maching and i hate using anything else to try to duplicate it) and i did 3 warm up seats and then one working set. same as the standing calve raise. all the way up and all the way down real slow. sometimes id do 2 sets. and then id call it a day

i also kept flexing them through the day, as i sat and as i went up stairs. i over exagerated any movement that involved calves.

i did that, once a week and they blew up, no real secret just kind of a less is more thing.

i tried to post my picture but it says i need a url and my pic is in my folder not a url so i dont understand how to get in on here

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That sounds easy enough. I will give it a go! Flexing my calves as I type.

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
That sounds easy enough. I will give it a go! Flexing my calves as I type.
it was very easy and thats why i was so confused when they blew up i was like what!! i used to crush them every day and hard and then i go once a week and hard buy low volume and they exploded

i feel like i was working them so much they didnt have time to rest and grow. but hitting them hard once a week have them enough stimulation to get the work they needed and grow well from that. as is they werent supressed or something.

i did the same with my foreamrs this year. last year they were 13's now there 15.75's. im going for 17s ( in my dreams 18)

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
ok so i couldnt figure out how to post the pic in a thread so i posted it in an album on my page. so its there if you want to check it out. ill post another one in about 8-10 weeks after my cut to show the difference (im in the last week of my bulk now)

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
I keep neglecting the standing calf raise machine, been hitting the sitting one and doing a few calf raises on the leg press. Going to have to start messing with the standing ones again though, thanks for putting up the info.

I definitely think one of the big keys is the slow, controlled movement.

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
slow and controlled is the way to go with calves

Jake Fires

Jake Fires

Awards
  • Established
awsome thanks rick, my calves are always strong but not so much on the big side. i hope this helps.

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
not the best pic but you can just tell it's a monster. After your cut that thing will look
even more ridiculous. Nice job

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
thats a baseball in your leg! haha sweet

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
Easiest way to post a pic is to right click on the photo, select properties, copy the Address (URL) line. Then click the picture in the menu and paste the contents in the box.

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Host the pic on a file sharing site and link to it from there.
e.g. tinypic.com, host the picture, copy the direct URL and post it here with [IMG ] [ /IMG] tags around it

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
not the best pic but you can just tell it's a monster. After your cut that thing will look
even more ridiculous. Nice job

thanks man, all i have is my crappy phone for pictures. i hope i can retain the new size when i cut because if i do i cant wait to see what its gonna look like

darkvard

Awards
my calves grow too easily 18 inch without even working them out...

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
Maybe you're just fat :)
honestly tho, fat people usually do have nice calves. my calves pretty much have no shape or size. i wana try the once a week thing but i think ill just do twice a week since i dont think ive actually trained them ever in my life as big calves arnt necessary in powerlifting :p

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
if you decide to hit them twice a week instead of once then always make sure its 4 days apart. this said it wont be on the same time every week but that shouldnt matter.