fav mass gaining workout and why? help!!!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i am trying to find a workout program that i can gain muscle while burn off fat. help me out!!!! i know diet is key, this is specifically for training. what has worked for YOU

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What BF percentage do you believe to be? Squats are the king of mass building!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
im prb around 12%. last summer i was 9% but i just finished a dirty bulk. i may be a bit more but doubt it. im gonna google HST carpee. thanks bro. i just wanna have the right workout routine and not be wasting time in the gym over or under training

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
im prb around 12%. last summer i was 9% but i just finished a dirty bulk. i may be a bit more but doubt it. im gonna google HST carpee. thanks bro. i just wanna have the right workout routine and not be wasting time in the gym over or under training
I ran HST monday wednesday friday and rested 4 days.
Probably my favorite routine so far. It's full body and freaking difficult to get through, but you feel like a champion every workout. And when something is lagging in one body part you can still make up for it with another body part.
It's awesome. I put on new lean mass even when I used it to cut.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i just looked it up. im thinking about doing the chest shoulder tris one, not the 10 rep one. i googled it and it was the first link...does this sound right?

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
you could also search AM for Growth Stimulus Training. It looks really solid. I'm going to run it after my cut in a few weeks when I start TNA.

Its all based on compound movements which is where the best mass will come from.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thats the website i was at. the first page gives an example of a week of training. i dont fully understand what to do. i guess ill just go by the sample workout on the page??

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i hope this works better than my splits lol ill keep u all updated weekly if u wanna know.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
thats the website i was at. the first page gives an example of a week of training. i dont fully understand what to do. i guess ill just go by the sample workout on the page??
Basically every workout is a full body workout.

A quick example would be: (excluding warm up sets)

deadlifts 1 working set x 10 reps
Squats 2 x 10
Incline bench 2 x 10
Barbell rows 2 x 10
Military press 2x10
chin ups- 1x10
dips 1x10

the idea is that you perform the same routine you pick out, 3 times a week at certain rep ranges, 5, 10, 15 for example or you can modify it to 6 10 12 if you'd like. you do 2 week blocks of each rep range and try to increase your weight on each lift by 2.5-5 lbs each workout. Its a progressive load system.
Its all on the website and it makes sense when you read through it.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
DC

p-rr-s
Yes and Yes....

HST with no compound movements followed by some P-RR-S with isolated stuff and compound stuff would probably be a huge wrench to throw at the body. With the right diet you'd definitely respond

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so do all of those like 3 weeks at a time or what

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i trust ur judgement on hst, just doesnt seem to be enough training. do u wake up the next day sore with only doing one set of each thing pretty much?

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
i trust ur judgement on hst, just doesnt seem to be enough training. do u wake up the next day sore with only doing one set of each thing pretty much?
trust me man, if you learn how to make that 1 or 2 sets count, it is super effective.
plus you're doing it 3 times a week.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i like the idea of alot of rest, i just know when i dont train 5 times a week, i feel tiny. so maybe if i give 110% on each set i wont feel that way

NAZ

NAZ

Awards
check out the new FLEX mag, im thinking of trying their 8 week program

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't take anything from a magazine, that's personal preference though.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i hate magazines, no offense towards you bro. thanks for the thought though...im trying the HST today

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
carpee, should i continue to do cardio for 20 min each training day or no

NAZ

NAZ

Awards
what is the HST anyways.... i need a good routine to still continue to build while working 14 hr days delivering furniture.......needless to say my job is hindering my growth

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
go up and read what carpee said. he posted a link 2 the website

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
what is the HST anyways.... i need a good routine to still continue to build while working 14 hr days delivering furniture.......needless to say my job is hindering my growth
No, you're just not eating enough.

go up and read what carpee said. he posted a link 2 the website
R1, I'm a huge fan of total body workouts. While I've never done HST specifically (I prefer a higher volume), I can certainly vouch for the efficacy of full body routines.

TheAmazing1

TheAmazing1

Awards
with dc, how many sets do u do on each workout
as many warm ups as you feel you need only one balls out working set utilizing rest pause. its pretty complex at first but then on repetition becomes very simple you can read more..
intensemuscle.com/19724-updated-dc-training-newbies-read-first-then-ask-questions-later.html

there are a couple of threads on both here also
i personally use modified p-rr-s routine with dc principals sometimes in the mix. always keepin it movin and throwing diff things at my body. it works well for me. the stretches i find are extremely helpful ECTRUTIATINGLY helpful:aargh4:
GL

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hahaha thanks guys. im with HST right now...question. on the chest section it says to do incline. am i able to switch it to flat whenever or should i stay with specifically what it tells me to do...this goes along with bicep curls. i did the EZ bar today and wondering if next time i should do the same and add weight or switch it up like have an A day and a B day but same muscle groups worked. like Mon - A Wed - B Fri - A Mon - B...etc????

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
hahaha thanks guys. im with HST right now...question. on the chest section it says to do incline. am i able to switch it to flat whenever or should i stay with specifically what it tells me to do...this goes along with bicep curls. i did the EZ bar today and wondering if next time i should do the same and add weight or switch it up like have an A day and a B day but same muscle groups worked. like Mon - A Wed - B Fri - A Mon - B...etc????
choose your movements, mostly compound...but stick with them throughout. Its not about changing exercises its more about changing weight then changing rep ranges.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so stay with the "A" workout and just keep adding weight right

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
set up your A and B and then don't change the movements.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so its fine to have A and B. okay. ill do that then and increase weight each time and not change it for 8 weeks. i started at 10 reps for two weeks. then ill do 8 reps for 2 weeks then 6 then back to 10 or higher if i need to. how does this sound?