Bulking without Protein Powders?

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
I am going to try to bulk with as minimal use of protein powders as possible. I have found that the powders are great, but cause me GI issues. I absolutely love Muscle Milk post workout, but my body processes real food much better. I have tried increasing my water intake with powders, increasing my fiber intake, increasing my fruits/veges, and almost everything else.

What I feel is happening is that my body absorbs all of the protein in the shakes, since I have taken them for years. Nothing is worse then the feeling of rocks passing your GI tract. Has anyone ever experienced this? Maybe it is just the way my body absorbs the Muscle Milk?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
I am going to try to bulk with as minimal use of protein powders as possible. I have found that the powders are great, but cause me GI issues. I absolutely love Muscle Milk post workout, but my body processes real food much better. I have tried increasing my water intake with powders, increasing my fiber intake, increasing my fruits/veges, and almost everything else.

What I feel is happening is that my body absorbs all of the protein in the shakes, since I have taken them for years. Nothing is worse then the feeling of rocks passing your GI tract. Has anyone ever experienced this? Maybe it is just the way my body absorbs the Muscle Milk?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
have you tried any other brands? or any other type of powdered protien (caesin, egg, beef, soy)?

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
have you tried any other brands? or any other type of powdered protien (caesin, egg, beef, soy)?
I've tried numerous brands over the years and was wondering if it was maybe a brand specific problem. I really just liked how Muscle Milk tasted and made me feel so I stuck with it for years. I've also used casein based protein pre-bed and wasn't sure if it was the same problem because I was taking Muscle Milk concurrently, just earlier in the day.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this kind of problem with a certain protein powder or if my days of powders are over.

Whats another good whey protein powder to try?

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
i personally just buy the cheapest whey i can find. its all practically the same.

i have had really bad GI problems when i mix my whey with milk. if its with water then im ok, but i cant mix it with milk.

also, the more whey i take in a day, the worse the problem

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
i personally just buy the cheapest whey i can find. its all practically the same.

i have had really bad GI problems when i mix my whey with milk. if its with water then im ok, but i cant mix it with milk.

also, the more whey i take in a day, the worse the problem
Do you use mostly other blends other then whey?

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
i use a caesin shake at night before bed with milk and notice nothing GI related from that. i have not used egg or beef protien powder yet although i have had a taste of both. i would say that if you cant down the whey anymore because of GI try the beef protien. it shouldnt cause you problems in that area.