Salad???

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hate salad, but i just saw on a post that it expands your stomach so you can eat more later. is this true? if so, im gonna eat salad like a fish drinks water.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
dunno. the only green thing i eat is cheese....

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
i think that expanding your stomach is the only thing that can expand your stomach. meaning, shove food in until you're painfully full and over time you can shove more and more in. i dont see salad as a magic trick, besides how many calories is lettuce? sorry i'd rather jam in another 10oz of steak.

CrazyBassGuy

Awards
I think salad and veg are important to get all the vits and other nutrients you need when you are bulking, but yeah..... if you want to expand your stomach, eat more food :)

I found it really hard to get 3000 - 3500 cals a day into me when I first started bulking, just feels like I'm constantly eating!

Is working though, not weighed myself in a while but am definitely stronger and not getting fat.

codywaters

codywaters

Awards
I think salad and veg are important to get all the vits and other nutrients you need when you are bulking, .
FOUL!!! FOUL!!! I call a penalty here! What the hell does a person who is 150lbs know about bulking?

Anyway, I would not waist my time with salad. Rabbits and chicks eat that stuff. As alpha males we need lots of meat and quality carbs to bulk up. The only carbs in salad are fibrous and will not help you grow. I believe I saw earlier that to expand your stomach you just have to force feed yourself. It sucks and it hurts, but if being huge was easy we would all be hulks.

Good luck brother!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks everyone. ya ive always said salad is for lizards and stuff lol. i guess the dude who wrote that comment about salad was wrong...

bigrewards

Awards
A friend of mine had the saying, "Salad is what food eats."

LowSodium

LowSodium

Awards
I've been reading posts on this site for quite awhile but just a few days ago I decided to join and make a profile. I understand many have been on here for years and that opinions vary greatly but I have to disagree with codywaters on this one. I would figure most have different definitions of the word "salad" and if one is referring to straight up lettuce and carrots, then a few vitamins and water is what your putting into your body. Yes, that's most likely not going to help with muscle gain or stomach expansion. But a "salad" can be awesome if you prepare it properly. Im a huge fan of salad. For my 6th meal last night I made an enormous kidney bean, walnut and hard-boiled egg salad over romaine lettuce with cucumbers and it was extremely filling and had about 50 grams of protein.

My wife has told my I have a lizard tongue though...

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
FOUL!!! FOUL!!! I call a penalty here! What the hell does a person who is 150lbs know about bulking?

Anyway, I would not waist my time with salad. Rabbits and chicks eat that stuff. As alpha males we need lots of meat and quality carbs to bulk up. The only carbs in salad are fibrous and will not help you grow. I believe I saw earlier that to expand your stomach you just have to force feed yourself. It sucks and it hurts, but if being huge was easy we would all be hulks.

Good luck brother!
I know you have the best intentions with your posts, but you really have to get off of you pedestal. There is more to bulking than just calories and the traditional BB diet is acidic and lacking in many areas of nutrition. There is far too little produce in them and this hinders digestion. It really doesn't matter how many calories you ingest if your body cannot assimilate and digest them properly. Eating a salad with olives, carrots, eggs, etc. is a great way to sneak in some extra fiber, micronutrients, and, most importantly, ingest some alkalinic foods.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
A salad can be very filling and high in quality calories if you do it right. I require salads when cutting... very filling with low calories if you want.

All or none is usually not the way to go with most things... nutrition included.

I'm not sure about stomach expansion. I do notice that when I'm cutting, I require less food to feel full over time. I assume the opposite may be true when eating more.