Form Help!!!!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
On anything chest or shoulder press...etc i see body building videos where they dont go all the way up and lock the elbows. they go shorter so it only works the chest or shoulders and not triceps. is this better than going all the way up to lock the elbows (well not lock, but very close)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's a style of lifting that has nothing to do with bulking or cutting.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i understand that lol but which is better, going all the way up and almost locking out or not

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
maximum range of motion without locking out. IMO. locking out is hell on your joints, and a lack of full range of motion shorts hitting maximal muscle fibers.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There really is no such thing as "better." It's all a matter of preference that cannot be proven or disproven. Try a style and, if you like it, stick with it.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
im just asking what ppl on here prefer. i know everybody has something different they like and works better for them. i get that in every thread lol

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
There really is no such thing as "better." It's all a matter of preference that cannot be proven or disproven. Try a style and, if you like it, stick with it.
i agree with this guy, i know you said you want to ask people what they prefer, but obviously your going to get two different sets of answers of some people saying they like one over the other and visa versa. essentially youll end up where you started in the opening of this thread. so, like this guy said, neither is "better" its about preference, try them out for yourself and see which one you prefer.

i personally like them both, i dont like either anymore than the other. however, on any press i am a huge advocate of going as deep as possible. this is more risky and potentially dangerous, but executed with good form and with proper warm-ups preceeding it, i believe its the way to go in both cutting and bulking. lots of people will disagree, but then again its preference, good luck man