who wants huge traps?

Page 3 of 3 First 123

  1. Quote Originally Posted by stj553 View Post
    Beyond deadlifts, nothing has worked better for me than power shrugs. I guarantee this will make your traps sore for a week the first time you do them.

    google bill starr power shrug
    Will do. Will reply with results Saturday.


  2. trying this tomorrow.
    •   
       


  3. deadlifts, i don't even do shoulder exercises anymore. Zero, and my shoulders-traps-are probablyb my best bodypart.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Psychabinol View Post
    deadlifts, i don't even do shoulder exercises anymore. Zero, and my shoulders-traps-are probablyb my best bodypart.
    i never did a deadlift/shrug before and the biggest thing on me was my traps. genetics are great, but its always nice to improve, even in areas that may not feel like they need it.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Ricky5145 View Post
    i never did a deadlift/shrug before and the biggest thing on me was my traps. genetics are great, but its always nice to improve, even in areas that may not feel like they need it.
    yo, yo...did the reverse trap grip workout a few days ago...sheit isolated the muscles and felt great...its gonna be a staple going forward...thanks bro!
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Blacktail View Post
    I have gigantic traps from heavy deadlifts. I don't do any shrugs. If i added them I would look like I had no shoulders haha.
    than obviously you have no shoulders than why do people make up this excuse?

  7. Quote Originally Posted by bulldogz View Post
    yo, yo...did the reverse trap grip workout a few days ago...sheit isolated the muscles and felt great...its gonna be a staple going forward...thanks bro!
    hell yeah man, awesome.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Ricky5145 View Post
    hell yeah man, awesome.
    just gotta work myself up in weight since it was kinda awkward first time around...but pratice makes perfect

  9. Quote Originally Posted by bulldogz View Post
    just gotta work myself up in weight since it was kinda awkward first time around...but pratice makes perfect
    yeah i drastically cut the weight the first few times. it gets better fast though

  10. Post pics of your traps, I thought mine were big but I bet you guys beat me
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    www.appliednutriceuticals.com

    FACEBOOK FAN PAGE:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Applie...ls/64122223218

  11. Quote Originally Posted by WhatsaRoid? View Post
    Post pics of your traps, I thought mine were big but I bet you guys beat me
    i have a pic of mine before i did these, its in my album on my page. I was 50 lbs smaller than so there bigger now, i dont have a digital camera but im trying to get one, my friend from the washington post took these and i sent them into a nutrition company, theres more but thats all i posted

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Ricky5145 View Post
    i was talking about BB here. i aslo do DB after close/wide grip. i just strap in regualr but do them yates style and bend my elbows a tad like a row and squeeze them up and back. this also makes a big difference. check out dorians trainning vid to see how im talking about if you want. i have the link that has the whole blood and guts video on it
    can I get that link? Pm me
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    www.appliednutriceuticals.com

    FACEBOOK FAN PAGE:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Applie...ls/64122223218

  13. sent it, enjoy man

  14. Nice, I'll try this and see how it works out, thanks.

  15. its a cool variation i must say. with the reverse grip, your body is forced to shrug it up and back, contracting your shoulder blades, versus the standard raise your delts to your ears (which always makes me want to lower my neck). i'll add this to one of my back routines.

    repped.

  16. I did them with the BB and smith tonight...I find it easier to do them on a smith machine...didn't hit may arse as many times as I did with the barbell...

  17. You need scapulae depressions in there too. They will target the lower trapezium fibers more specifically.
    Former Marine, UT-BSN, NSCA-CPT, NASM-CPT, CSCS
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Huge traps, small shoulders
    By ManicPete in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-27-2010, 05:29 AM
  2. Replies: 77
    Last Post: 01-22-2009, 10:48 PM
  3. Need Huge Traps!!!
    By cantstop19 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 06-25-2008, 03:52 AM
  4. Huge Traps!!!
    By MEH89 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-20-2008, 09:20 PM
  5. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-12-2007, 11:28 AM
Log in
Log in