Bulking?

ElectricPulse

ElectricPulse

Awards
Alright so I am 5'10 160lbs [Been lifting for about a year, great gains] and I want to start to Bulk to 170 so I can train welterweight for my MMA training so I was wondering what kind of diet should I take on to achieve this bulking? Please and thanks.

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
thats only 10 lbs so it wont be too hard at all. id love to give advice. im a monster at putting on quality size but first i have to see what your current diet is and how much cardio/training you do a week so i can go from there.

ElectricPulse

ElectricPulse

Awards
Well from welter I was going to go to 185 and stay there and be content but I still want a diet to go along with it. Everyday I run a 1-2 miles before my workouts to get the blood flowing and do Abs everyday after my workouts for my cardio so that is 5 days a week. and my current diet isn't anything good. I usually have to skip meals because of not having time to eat but I'm going to start eating every meal to start bulking but I just need to know what to eat and for what meal to start the process.

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
Well from welter I was going to go to 185 and stay there and be content but I still want a diet to go along with it. Everyday I run a 1-2 miles before my workouts to get the blood flowing and do Abs everyday after my workouts for my cardio so that is 5 days a week. and my current diet isn't anything good. I usually have to skip meals because of not having time to eat but I'm going to start eating every meal to start bulking but I just need to know what to eat and for what meal to start the process.
alrighty, well everything you want it doable but since your training in a sport that involves ALOT of cardio its gonna be a harder to bulk up i.e. eating alot more. some things i would suggest right off the bat it changing your 1-2 miles pre workout to 5 minutes on a bike or eliptical to get the blood flowing along with a few light rotator exercises to get them loose. id save the 2 miles until after practice, dont do them before. youll be warmed up fine and be able to get more done in you lifts. plus cardio should always be done post lift anyway.

for meals, i would include, whole eggs, whole milk, lean red meat, chicken, but save the tuna or fish i.e talapia for cutting up. rice, white or brown, whites just as good for bulking dont worry. oats. fruit or your choice and veggies. and the most important or atleast in my eyes..WATER. drink atleast a gallon a day, atleast.

heres a starter diet for you

4 whole eggs
1 cup oats
1 fruit
multi

lean ground beef or steak
sweet potato, or 1 cup rice
whole milk

chicken brest
rice or potato
whole milk

pre workout: 50 grm whey shake

post: 5o grm whey shake, 5 grm creatine, 30 grm waxy maize or gatoraid

simple carb meal
pancakes
skim milk
(nothing with fat in this meal, slows down absorbtion)

pre bed
Cottage cheese, whole milk mixwed with water you want

*dont skimp out on saucing your foods. your bulking up so dont avoid BBQ sauce if you want it on your steak. make them taste better, it will be easier to stick with that way.

Plus, if your still hungry eat more, dont avoid cheesburgers or whatver on occasion. not everyday but one to a few times a week.

thats not the end all be all, just something to build off for yourself. change whatever on it or void it completely. just remember, the biger you get the more your going to have to eat.

ElectricPulse

ElectricPulse

Awards
Thanks a lot, I'll definitely try and follow a diet like this. I got a lot of bulking to get done but this diet looks pretty solid to get the job done. [Repped]

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
thanks man, hope you attain all your goals. im sure you will