Who has the best program for bulking?

fightnight27

Awards
I am new to bodybuilding. I want to be able to form and shape my body to my likings, but I am new to this and don't want to screw myself over. So I am asking for help.

If anyone can help me put together a diet and weight program for BULKING it would be greatly appreciated. I want to put 15lbs on in the next few months. Is that even do-able?

I'm 17 so I'm not looking to use steroids anytime soon. I am a pitcher in baseball and was told I need to gain 15lbs to help make it to the next level. That is my dream and will do anything to get there.

I am 17, 6'1", 167lbs. I want to be at 185 and have bigger legs (as well as everything else). What do I need to do to reach my goal?

Thank you

Canadianguy

Canadianguy

Awards
first of all your diet is most important. get plenty of protein, id say about 200grams or more a day for your size. fish, beef, chicken, powder, eggs/whites etc
plenty of carbs, again over 200grams a day- brown rice, wholegrain breads, shredded wheat, pasta, quinoa, OATMEAL
fat- 60-100 grams a day- natural pb, nuts, olive oil etc

as for routine im bulking atm and im loving push/pull

sunday i do chest with only row movements for back
monday- legs
tues-arms
wed-off
thurs- shoulders/lats
fri- legs
sat-off

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mon - ARMS
Tues - 5x5 (bench, Squat, Shoulder Press_
Wed OFF
Thurs - Back
Fri - Legs
Sat - Chest
Sun - OFF

I love this workout. although i always switch it up

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
P/rr/s is treating me well so far also!. 3 year old bump. Yeah buddy

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Brown rice is not better than white rice when taken into account all things. Brown rice contains many phytates (anti-nutrients) whilst white rice does not.
Ignore, for the most part, the G.I. scale. Fats and proteins lower the G.I. of foods when coupled with them.

I would also argue to drop carbs in favour of fats, but that is purely from a health and legetivity standpoint.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Brown rice is not better than white rice when taken into account all things. Brown rice contains many phytates (anti-nutrients) whilst white rice does not.
Ignore, for the most part, the G.I. scale. Fats and proteins lower the G.I. of foods when coupled with them.

I would also argue to drop carbs in favour of fats, but that is purely from a health and legetivity standpoint.
when bulking, i go white rice. i posted a video on here in the bulking section a month or so ago that explained why.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
i just like white rice cuz it tastes better. jasmine rice = best

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
I like jasmine rice too. I make my version of "proats," with it. 1Cup Jasmine rice, scoop of chocolate whey, some PB, and a cup of milk.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
Have you tried Basmati rice? IMHO it's better than Jasmine.
oh man i love basmati rice too. im half philipino though, so i grew up on jasmine rice on my moms side. im totally biased

point is, they taste better than the crunchy nutty brown rice

TomGreen

TomGreen

Awards
interesting thread...Rice haha. Yo man main thing you need to know is take in alot of calories and protein, and keep your gym session short but intense, gotta have the eye of the tigere

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
oh man i love basmati rice too. im half philipino though, so i grew up on jasmine rice on my moms side. im totally biased

point is, they taste better than the crunchy nutty brown rice
Whaaat, filipinos stand up. Im half filipino as well so im partial to white rice too

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Whaaat, filipinos stand up. Im half filipino as well so im partial to white rice too
Haha, My Girlfriend is filo so i know exactly what you mean about the rice. Her mum is rice crazy...haha..rice in every meal and there is always cooked rice in the cooker. Its awsome for after training coz i just turn up with a can of tuna. I dont even have to cook.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Haha, My Girlfriend is filo so i know exactly what you mean about the rice. Her mum is rice crazy...haha..rice in every meal and there is always cooked rice in the cooker. Its awsome for after training coz i just turn up with a can of tuna. I dont even have to cook.
Thats how my mom is lol doesnt matter what it is. Steak.. rice, eggs.. rice, pork adobo.. rice. Everything rice!

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Thats how my mom is lol doesnt matter what it is. Steak.. rice, eggs.. rice, pork adobo.. rice. Everything rice!
KFC-rice...pie-rice... hahahaha. Its hilarious.
Her doctor once told her she had to stop eating rice becuase her blood sugar was too high. I swear she nearly killed him. She compromised by making a half half combo of jasmine/basmati.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
KFC-rice...pie-rice... hahahaha. Its hilarious.
Her doctor once told her she had to stop eating rice becuase her blood sugar was too high. I swear she nearly killed him. She compromised by making a half half combo of jasmine/basmati.
Lol.

My mom had me eating so much rice when i was a child i was sleeping all the time. They took me to the doc, and drew blood. He told her i was borderline diabetic from all the rice... i was 13 lol

My mom wont touch brown rice unless its "sticky" rice (some sugary concoction of rice.. makes it brown lol)

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was a pitcher in college and the first thing I'm going to suggest is to forget about bodybuilding and focus on improving your explosiveness and lower body strength. Also something very important is to be sure to have a 1:1 push to pull ratio. In high school I was obsessed with improving my bench press and neglected my rear delts/back.

This eventually led to serious shoulder problems and eventually I went from topping out at 89-91 to throwing 78 and barely able to pick up a ball.

Focus on your priorities.

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You right.

Forget about baseball. Rice is priority #1.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
I was a pitcher in college and the first thing I'm going to suggest is to forget about bodybuilding and focus on improving your explosiveness and lower body strength. Also something very important is to be sure to have a 1:1 push to pull ratio. In high school I was obsessed with improving my bench press and neglected my rear delts/back.

This eventually led to serious shoulder problems and eventually I went from topping out at 89-91 to throwing 78 and barely able to pick up a ball.

dont thread jack the rice thread

back to flip talk. i havnt had adobo in probly 5 years. only person in my family that knew how to cook it right was my gma, and shes too old to cook now. luv my rice though, and i also have it with everything. chicken n rice, steak n rice, eggs and garlic fried rice, tilapia and rice, fish head and rice (lol). i just dont eat that funky philipino **** like janigiwan or however its spelt. its like lamb blood soup or something nasty like that

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

1. See poster quoted below.

2. I prefer a 2:1 pull:push ratio personally.

Say what? I thought thus thread was about rice?
You right.

Good man.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You right.

Believe that
dont thread jack the rice thread

back to flip talk. i havnt had adobo in probly 5 years. only person in my family that knew how to cook it right was my gma, and shes too old to cook now. luv my rice though, and i also have it with everything. chicken n rice, steak n rice, eggs and garlic fried rice, tilapia and rice, fish head and rice (lol). i just dont eat that funky philipino **** like janigiwan or however its spelt. its like lamb blood soup or something nasty like that
I dont eat that mess either. Adobo is my stuff tho, and poncit (sp) w/ lemon juice on a bed of rice (go figure lol), fried rice w/no shrimp, i can go on and on.

l1fterp1nk

Awards
  • Established
The 5/3/1 for bodybuilding worked really well for me. You get strength and hypertrophy.

l1fterp1nk

Awards
  • Established
Plus it's super easy! You just type your numbers into the online calculator and it prints off a program that is easy to understand and follow!