Big Breakfasts for Bulking/Recomp, Pro's and Con's...

WilteredFire

WilteredFire

Awards
  • Established
Alright guys this thread is meant to be more of a discussion as to the benefits or negatives of a Big Breakfast for bulking...And also is there a possiblity that a big breakfast can be manipulated/carefully chosen to even help with fat loss?

I will explain more by what I mean, since breakfast is the most important meal of the day and can stimulate your metabolism, can your metabolism be stimulated further by having a bigger breakfast than say somebody who may take in 300-400 calories in a meal upon waking? and thereby increasing fat loss in a lean bulk even?

Im thinking here that a big breakfast could be defined somewhere between the region of 600 to 1000 calories.

So...what are your thoughts or experiences on this, would it be good or bad to take in more calories in your first meal of the day and then slightly lower calorie meals for the rest of the day?

To sum this up in 2 questions:

1) Effectiveness of a high calorie breakfast for bulking and if fat loss can still be minimized through increased stimulation of ones metabolism...
2) Does a high calorie breakfast have the possibility to even stimulate ones metabolism positively to be able to help with some Recomposition or Fatloss even?

Cheers guys :)

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
breakfast is always my biggest meal of the day and it usually ends up around 600-675 cals and each meal is less with carbs tapering down and fats going up. i really only do carbs first three meals then fibrous veggies after that. seems like thats the way to go if u work out in the morning.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Breakfast is 1000-1200cals always, whether recomping or bulking. A big breakfast improves my lifting more than just about anything else.

Can't say if it increases fat-loss (I'm really not sold on the "thermogenic effect" of food anyway), but it definitely helps increase the weight on the bar.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
my breakfast is always over 1000. 7 eggs, cup or more of oatmeal, OJ/grapefruit, olive oil+fish oil. starts me up so well. great for gaining. if you wanna cut id say cut the juice and limit the oats or replace them w/ a veggie.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
breakfast is huge for me. first thing i do is wake up and have a mean shake to give your body its nutrients it hasnt had in 7 hours plus while sleeping. wait 30 min then make a few eggs, toast and oatmeal. comes out to be about 1600k cals bro! if you dont have time to make a shake AND eat, then pick real food over a shake any day

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
sanchez, not dogging on you or anything...but ive seen your posts and how you eat and everything...how are you only 130 pounds if you do what you say? your diet and training seem really good to me, should be around 170 if what you say is true.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
sanchez, not dogging on you or anything...but ive seen your posts and how you eat and everything...how are you only 130 pounds if you do what you say? your diet and training seem really good to me, should be around 170 if what you say is true.
That's a long story. He's a got a thread that goes through the whole situation if you want to read it.

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
breakfast is always my biggest meal of the day and it usually ends up around 600-675 cals and each meal is less with carbs tapering down and fats going up. i really only do carbs first three meals then fibrous veggies after that. seems like thats the way to go if u work out in the morning.
Unless you are trying to stay super cut, I would suggest you up your cals...when eating carbs only first three meals, it does not create the most "ideal" natural anabolic enviroment to build muscle, that is more of a stay lean and cut routine.

By you pic, it looks like you may be a hard gainer, if so i would incorporate 50 grams of carbs in almost every meal, do this for a few weeks and see if you gain lean mass and whatnot

I am sure you have your diet set for a certain reason for keeping carbs low, maybe you are wrestling and trying to keep weight, a distance runner?

Anyway not trying to be critical, just suggesting

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
Whether bulking or cutting breakfast is your time of day to get the most calories, you are putting nutrients in your body that it will use all day. Always my biggest meal, last meal of the day is the smallest