Cutting

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.52%

Cutting

I understand the whole procces of bulking and what you do to bulk.. but i have some questions on cutting... when you cut do you lose a ton of weghit/muscle/and strength? because if i wanna cut i just would like to get more ripped like be able to see my abs nd everything look cut you kno im not fat i work out alot im 5'10 185-190 body fat havent had ckeeked but probably around 15-20ish...some advice would be great

2. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by maddog28 View Post
    I understand the whole procces of bulking and what you do to bulk.. but i have some questions on cutting... when you cut do you lose a ton of weghit/muscle/and strength? because if i wanna cut i just would like to get more ripped like be able to see my abs nd everything look cut you kno im not fat i work out alot im 5'10 185-190 body fat havent had ckeeked but probably around 15-20ish...some advice would be great
    If you do not cut sensibly, then yes, you will lose weight, muscle, and strength.

However, there is NO reason why you should lose muscle and strength whilst cutting. The PRIMARY TARGET of cutting should be to MAINTAIN THE MUSCLE MASS THAT YOU HAVE. Losing BODYFAT is SECONDARY. And you ONLY want to lose bodyfat. You will lose weight if you are losing bodyfat; however, I would NOT recommend looking at WEIGHT losses, but concentrate on FAT loss. Strength does not have to be lost; losing weight does not correlate to strength loss.

15-20% bodyfat is pretty high for a male. I wouldn't recommend guesstimating your body composition unless you KNOW what you look like at different bodyfat levels.

If you're looking to lose fat, check out The 3 Keys to Fat Loss and do some personal research and reading. You need to find what works for YOU re fat loss; there is no 'one size fits all' for it.

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.52%

im 17 years old which makes it a lil diffrent but like i have abs tht you can legit see when i flex you see im not really fat i mean to b exact when i was a shopmore 16 i had 12% body fat but i kno i add some fat cuZ i gained weghit over the summer
    •   

4. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

im 17 years old which makes it a lil diffrent but like i have abs tht you can legit see when i flex you see im not really fat i mean to b exact when i was a shopmore 16 i had 12% body fat but i kno i add some fat cuZ i gained weghit over the summer
    If you can see your abs, then at your height and weight you're not 15-20% bodyfat. And if you're 17 then concentrate on learning how to manipulate your nutrition and training to achieve the results that you want. It's not hard to do.

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.52%

im a football player nd wrestler so for like the summer and spring i bulk for football to gain weghit but like right when football ends i would always try nd lose some weghit for wrestling by like not eating as much nd not lifting enough nd i wanted to kno how to cut so i can looked jacked for wrestling nd mabey lose 5-10lbs of body fat so im like 6-7% bvody fat
  6. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%

im a football player nd wrestler so for like the summer and spring i bulk for football to gain weghit but like right when football ends i would always try nd lose some weghit for wrestling by like not eating as much nd not lifting enough nd i wanted to kno how to cut so i can looked jacked for wrestling nd mabey lose 5-10lbs of body fat so im like 6-7% bvody fat
    Read the article linked above.

I also suggest making sure you have yourself a trainer/coach, who will guide you in your sporting endeavours. If you do not have one, then I believe you're missing out on a lot.

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT

7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.09%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

just continue training how you are but add cardio and change your diet up a bit. if u wanna change your training, go with higher reps.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Getting big and then cutting
    By EagleEye in forum Bulking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-14-2007, 01:02 PM
  2. Question on Cutting. (First time cutting)
    By jjm in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-08-2006, 01:04 AM
  3. Cutting Oil with B12
    By TheRifleman in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-15-2004, 07:25 PM