bulking need some help and advice

maddog28

Awards
  • Established
im 17 years old 5`10 190 lbs and im trying to get to 215 by football season in august i take BSN True mass on days a work out about an hour b4 my work out and within 30 min after i need some advice on what to eat and what supps to take ?

TipTopShape

TipTopShape

Awards
  • Established
Have you checked out bodybuilding.com yet ? They have a lot of great advice over there.

maddog28

Awards
  • Established
alright i will look at tht ... but like what do you think is a good meal plan and supps i consume about 3500-4000 calories a day it hards to eat because i am at school all day and only have 1 time to eat between 8 am -2 pm

loki515

Awards
if your only eating one time a day between 8-2 then it's going to be very hard for you to gain past where you are. You need to prepare the night before school. You obviously have the time to shove a sandwich, protein bar, a premixed shake, 1 cup pf nuts or something in your system on your walk to the next class. Throwing your body into starvation mode for 4 hr periods is def. not going to help your cause any and possibly add to your bf %

now i'm def. no expert in the field I struggle my self with making gains but I do relize when i up the counts on everything and stay SUPER DEDICATED I in fact see the weight gains. i was just recently sick for a few weeks and lost abut 10lbs but i will put them back in 2 wks hopefully with DEDICATION to eating.

maddog28

Awards
  • Established
thanks i will try and eat some betwee clases but i go to a private school were i have like 4 min between clases i think ill have some food for like every class change im eating something like every hour..you think that will help ...any segestions on foods i should eat because i feal like i eat alot of food but some is to high in fat?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
best meal for value right here: got to walmart, buy the big bag of pre made chicken. all u gotta do is put it on the stove for about 15 min and season it. lean protein right there. make it the night before, then warm it up at school or munch on it cold all day

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
before school toss a couple shakers that contain some carb gainer and protein. chug them in between classes, make all your sit down meals heavy meals. Cottage cheese and natty peanut butter sandwich before bed. Gaining quality weight requires a lot more regulation. But just throwing on football weight should be pretty easy.

maddog28

Awards
  • Established
yea thanx for the help guys ...i wanna make sure the weghit i gain isnt like all fat because im a fulback and linebacker so i need to keep my speed

maddog28

Awards
  • Established
is thier any supplements that i should b taking besides truemass?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you can always take creatine. if you are looking to get stronger, i HIGHLY suggest Prime by USP labs. everyone will suggest prime for strength gains. its awesome. other than that, maybe diesel test pro cycle, sustain alpha (these are test boosters), RPM and Drive stack would be good since you are an athlete. they are geared towards athletes. others may suggest testopro as a test booster. i havent tried testopro yet though. creatine is always a good, safe way to gain strength and some mass.(dont look for the kind of mass like a PH will give you). as far as weight gainers, ive learned to use 1 or 2 scoops of a companies gainer then add my own ingredients for more of a "food" gain rather than a shake gain

maddog28

Awards
  • Established
is prime a test booster and with test boosters do i need like a pct or anything?

Blacktail

Blacktail

Awards
  • Established
Eat man! Train hard and eat your way to your goals!

captricharund

captricharund

Banned
Awards
The Capt suggests carrying a bag of raw almonds around with you at school.

Every hour in between meals pop say a dozen. It's not as good as proper meals, but at least provides a good source of fats and proteins.

Also, forget True Mass. It's an expensive brand that has no advantages to other brands of protein powder. Go cheap and cheerfull, just keep an eye on carb content. You're better off adding your own carbs - epsecially ground oats.

As far as other supps go, fish oil and normal creatine monohydrate. Save your money for red meat -especially rump steak. Buy in bulk.

Finally, the Capt suggests be good to your mother and she will cook your way to BeastMaster status ;)

Blacktail

Blacktail

Awards
  • Established
The Capt suggests carrying a bag of raw almonds around with you at school.

Every hour in between meals pop say a dozen. It's not as good as proper meals, but at least provides a good source of fats and proteins.

Also, forget True Mass. It's an expensive brand that has no advantages to other brands of protein powder. Go cheap and cheerfull, just keep an eye on carb content. You're better off adding your own carbs - epsecially ground oats.

As far as other supps go, fish oil and normal creatine monohydrate. Save your money for red meat -especially rump steak. Buy in bulk.

Finally, the Capt suggests be good to your mother and she will cook your way to BeastMaster status ;)
I agree, and add that you can make tamarind almonds for variety and try out hunting in your area for a lot of meat for the freezer.

maddog28

Awards
  • Established
i was actually looking at the drive rpm stack nd really liked it..how much do u think my gains will be from it?

Shane0Mac

Awards
test boosters doesnt sound like a great idea at 17 from what people here have told me.
anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/138886-safe-age-test.html
check that out for some opinions on it

kbtoy31

kbtoy31

Awards
  • Established
i was actually looking at the drive rpm stack nd really liked it..how much do u think my gains will be from it?
Not what your looking for. RpM is a pre workout supp and Drive is a test booster. I know they are both a little more than that but you don't need them. You don't need Prime either IMO. A good Creatine product and some good protein is all you need. Get some whey isolate for pre/post workout and some casein for pre bed maybe during the day while at school. I would look into some protein bars also for during school they can be eaten quickly. But nuts will work just as well. You could Try drinking a gallon of milk a day too. You'll gain some fat but you will gain muscle too and since your not playing football again until august thats plenty of time to put on some weight and diet some fat off. Here's a good link. http://stronglifts.com/gomad-milk-squats-gallon-gain-weight/

maddog28

Awards
  • Established
i read that gomad thing on drinking milk .. i would love to gain alot of weghit like that but i do not want to get fat becaause ima fullback and linebacker so ineeda keep my speed im already a decent sized kid i just want to get bigger and stronger with out getting fat and slow...i mean i bench 280 max and rep 225 for 8 and i squat about 315 for 10 and max at about 380

tigerbunny

Awards
get a big nalgene or some other water bottle thats easy to clean and put a shake in there with like 120g whey/casein protein, 2 cups of oats, and like 4 tablespoons of Peanut butter using whole milk. Drink that while you are at school and you shouldn't go hungry.

theROOTS420

Awards
Im pretty sure its not a test booster. Its kind of expensive and people have had mixed results with it. I wouldn't take it if I were you

And I wouldn't take any test boosters or PH or anything at that age. Your still going through puberty and your testosterone is already high

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
u dont need PCT for Prime lol. and its the off season of football so you can gain some fat here. when i was in Highschool, i played free safety for the 4th best 4A team in texas in 2007. you know you gotta be built, but fast for safety. i always bulked and got fat during off season but still kept on cardio and training hard, then from May and on i would get in football shape and stay there till playoffs were over. 280 on bench is pretty light for a LB or FB. get on some Prime and Test booster as long as a good diet and training with some creatine and get swole during off season so you cang o into the season even bigger and better. get your team to state.

maddog28

Awards
  • Established
i am now 200lbs after lifting hard and eating right for 3 weeks!!!