Homeade weight gainer

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i was using serious mass but now i want my own ingredients. i plan on mixing my own ingredients with nitro core by ON. im looking for about 600 cals and good amount of carbs.

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
my homemade shakes are about 1K calories each but you can vary the ingredients.
50gms whey
25gms maltodextrin
4T olive oil
1c whole milk

malto has no flavor and isnt sweet, so you could put as much as you'd like in. buy a bulk tub at NP, along with the whey. then add extra light olive oil up to your desired calorie goal.
i dont do flavorings or fruit or anything like that. quick and simple.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
50gms whey
25gms maltodextrin
4T olive oil
1c whole milk

malto has no flavor and isnt sweet, so you could put as much as you'd like in. buy a bulk tub at NP, along with the whey. then add extra light olive oil up to your desired calorie goal.
Sounds good if you whant a fast absorbing weight gainer. Is that what you whant, or do you whant something closer to a meal.

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
^^ great point. i change to casein at night (also at NP) and snack on some cheese to keep me digesting all night.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
where can i get maltodextrin. i just want a fast absorbing shake with lots of calories, low sugar, protein and carbs

reptone

Awards
  • Established
Most weight gainers, if you add a little milk or water and microwave it becomes cake. Duncan Hines makes the cheapest weight gainer around. LOL

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
50gms whey
25gms maltodextrin
4T olive oil
1c whole milk

would this be an equivalent weight gainer? 2 scoops of ON nitro core, 2 strawberries, one cup of ice cream, one banana, one egg, yogurt, oatmeal oats all mixed with milk. i ordered malto also.

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
i would just input all those items (you'll need the labels) into fitday.com and calculate it out.
that nitrocore already has carbs in it so you may not need malto. i do since i use ON whey. that recipe looks pretty tasty.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
its amazing. i used to use serious mass with all of this but it just has too much sugar

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
When I workout (and took my weight gainer after workout) it was:

2 scoops nitrocore (or any other protein)
1 cup ground oats or 1 scoop glycomaize
1 banana
2 tblspn natural pb
4-6 ice cubes
2-4 cap fulls of EVOO

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i think im gettin more cals and nutrients that those previous shakes...i like my idea lol i just was curious to see if ppl had better ones.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
although i will never use nitrocore or w/e on a bulk. it has fibers to keep u full longer. not good lol

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Easy 4 scoops of eas protein and 1 cup crushed oatmeal is 600 cals. Add 16oz of milk its 900. 2 tablespoons full of peanutbutter makes it 1100.

Jaidmaster

Jaidmaster

Awards
I make a shake as soon as I get up in the morning (pretty hungry when I wake up).
Usually something along the lines of:
scoop whey
~1/2 cup rolled oats
1 banana
maybe some natty pb
maybe some coconut oil
maybe some instant coffee
maybe some frozen berries
water or milk