eat carbs AND boost GH?

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
So we all know that insulin has a negative impact on GH, and we also know that carbs are to important on a bulking diet to give up. Do you think it would be a good idea to take something like banaba with my post workout carbs to lessen the insulin release and get a little more GH? If the answer is yes, list supplements you would reccomend.

S

swan1209

Awards
  • Established
As far as I know insulin post workout is going to be the strongest growth promoting hormone. I also have pondered this question though. A post workout carb influx seems to be a double edged sword. It spikes insulin (good), but blunts GH (bad). Maybe boosting GH via supplements like Ghenerate + insulin via carbs would be a good choice. Also as a note, I've read that melatonin, often used as a sleep aid, can boost GH output when taken before training.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I believe the melatonin theory to be true. I did do some decent cutting when I used Nano Vapor (it'l be my last MT product), but I also felt like the sleep aid overpowered the stims at times. I'd hate to try melatonin during a workout m=now that I'm done with stims(for now). Does the actual hormone decrease GH, or dose GH decrease when your body has to poduce insulin. If the answer is the latter, insulin mimickers may be a good idea, but if it is the former, they may be a terrible idea.

kmk25

kmk25

Awards
why do u always look for crappy gh supps for the answer... post workout= simple carbs like white bread dextrose, waxy maize, glucose crystals.. blah blah if ur trying to get bigger u will need carbs and plenty of protein. dont worry about gh cause u prolly dont no ne thing about it no offense.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
why do u always look for crappy gh supps for the answer... post workout= simple carbs like white bread dextrose, waxy maize, glucose crystals.. blah blah if ur trying to get bigger u will need carbs and plenty of protein. dont worry about gh cause u prolly dont no ne thing about it no offense.
Actually, if you read through the first post,

1. I already said that post workout carbs were too important to give up.

2. Although we got a little off topic talking about GH sups, my original question was about something completely different.

3. I'm already more muscular than anybody I know, so I know how to get big. And I'm fully aware that GH is drastically less powerful than insulin or testosterone in terms of muscle building. I just hate screwing myself out of post workout GH.

4. The question I'm moving onto is: Does your body produce less GH when it has to produce insulin, or just in the presence of insulin.

kmk25

kmk25

Awards
Dont flatter yourself buddy... my point is that depending on ur training.. age.. diet.. gh isnt gonna play that much of a factor unless u shoot it up

kmk25

kmk25

Awards
I would say if ur over 25 reralize ur gh is not gonna play that much of a factor

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
I'd say worry about gh at other times of the day. I'm a fan of complex carbs after workout. I know people will argue but simple carbs don't show any benefit to me over complex except fat gain. Argue away but everyone Is different. If you want gh boost after working out look into keto diets which can be used for bulks as well.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Fair enough. I was really just wanting a 5%edge. I never expected prohormone-like results(I'll never touch those things either).

MM11, you said something about growth hormone at other times of the day. Arn't post training, ans bed time the only two times when GH levels are significant? Am I wrong about this.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
I was refering mostly to pre bed. I have seen people use supps or real gh in the mornings and at times when gh is low naturally. Personally Ill use ghenerate or 1 carboxy in the morning and wait for it to kick In before morning cardio on a cut. But pre bed only on bulk. Hope I'm helpin there are much more knowledgeable people about this than me though.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Your helping. How does 1 carboxy make you feel during the day?

kmk25

kmk25

Awards
I dont know much about the sups mm11 mentioned but arginine is a gh booster

G

Grmlock

Awards
  • Established
Too much GH has negative effects on insulin sensitivity. Going for a spike right before training (e.g. 1-C ~45 minutes prior) and before bed is plenty. Taking a mid-day nap is another way to get a little boost in GH.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
1-c makes me feel sleepy... unless... I use some sort of stim, or take too much. the first time I took 2g pre work out with rpm I felt powerful (which bulk 1-c is one ingredient of usp labs powerfull product) There is discrepancy about the effects l-dopa products can have, and tolerance can build up quickly. I also like to take N.O (non stim) at night to help with blood flow, I cant remember where i read this, but it is supposed to help. I used white blood in particular and had good results while cutting.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Well it all makes sense now. Your body roduces less GH in the presence of insulin, because the two hormones kind of don't like each other. I guess I have one less product to worry about buying now.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
As I stated before there are people that are more "in the know" than I am, but I feel its all about timing.