Need help with up coming bulk cycle

ambushunter

Awards
First of the year I'm starting my first bulk cycle. Will be taking my vit, creatine, protien, and going to try reversital. Going to bump my cals up to 4000 with no more than 80-90 grams of fat. I'm 6'4" 206 bare azz naked first thing in the morning, with BF% of 10% What is some good set to rep ratios for building mass and strength?
Thanks

Canadianguy

Canadianguy

Awards
i find higher volume is better for mass. rep ranges of 8-12 3-5 sets. a good finisher is 5-7 sets of 10 reps with low rest inbetween, like 30 seconds.

with that kind of training i find i dont always go very heavy, but its cleaner reps. every 3rd week or so ill go heavy, slightly worse form, but heavy weight to shock the body and muscles. its working for me so far. ive been doing it clean for about 6 months now...cant wait to c the results ill get when i start my cycle come january

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
Heres a good bulk cycle. Heavy low rep workouts. A LOT of good foods. And try for 8 hours of sleep a night.

If you want throw in some creatine, nitric oxide (i dont personally use this), and some DHEA.

n5605r

Awards
I have been doing Darian Yates type lifting which is low volume, high intensity and have been getting the best gains I ever had, plus I am in gym less time on this program.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have been doing Darian Yates type lifting which is low volume, high intensity and have been getting the best gains I ever had, plus I am in gym less time on this program.
agreed. I like ti but with higher frequency. Problem is my muscle like it but my joints don't.

Everything twice a week. One set rest/paused to 15+ reps total with progressive weight.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
more info on this?

n5605r

Awards
Google Dorian Yates training, lots of good info, I can post the actual work out I am doing if you want, it really works

HawaiianPride

HawaiianPride

Awards
First of the year I'm starting my first bulk cycle. Will be taking my vit, creatine, protien, and going to try reversital. Going to bump my cals up to 4000 with no more than 80-90 grams of fat. I'm 6'4" 206 bare azz naked first thing in the morning, with BF% of 10% What is some good set to rep ratios for building mass and strength?
Thanks
If your diet currently consists of a number much below 4000k cals then going from one day to eating your old diet to the next would be a bad idea. Your body will not react well to that. Slowly increase your cals day by day until desired amount.

As far as set to rep ratios, it really depends upon the individuals body chemistry. For me, I've found 5x5, DC, and just plain old fashioned low weights, low reps in the 3 set range. Experiment with what you have and find out what's best for you.