Need Help

joelc

Awards
Hey im looking for some serious help. IM 5 foot 8, 142 lbs looking to get to 165. I was at one time chunky and rather weak, been working out at the gym for about 8 months and am now in pretty good shape and have pretty decent strength. I just really need to put the 20 pounds back on that i have lost the right way. I have been looking into some mass stacks and all that stuff. Im just very confused about everything and varying opinions. Any incite on supplements, diets, workouts.. etc would be a huge help

Thanks

SRS2000

Awards
  • Established
Keep things simple.
1) Get on a proven training program that trains the entire body and utilizes plenty of leg and back work (squats, deadlifts, heavy rows, etc...), not one of these programs that is mostly bench and arms.
2) Eat more food. Focus on reasonably healthy items such as meats, milk, eggs, complex carbs, etc...
3) Don't worry too much about supplements at this stage, just lift big and eat big.
4) If you are gaining fat too quickly, just cut back on the food intake slightly until you get the desired results.

HawaiianPride

HawaiianPride

Awards
First off, I would rely on your diet before considering supplements. Food will put on 20lbs much faster then any supplement will. Foods to consider while trying to beef up:

Protein:
Tuna or most any fish.
Cottage cheese.
Eggs (especially the whites).
Chicken breast.
Turkey breast.
Lean beef.

Carbs:
Sweet potatoes.
Oat meal, oat bran, oat bran cereal (i.e. cheerios).
Bran cereal.
Brown or White Rice. Although always stick with white rice PWO to avoid an insulin spike.
Wheat bread.
Beans.
Vegetables.

Healthy Fats:
Fat:
Omega 3 capsules (i.e. fish oil capsules).
Flax seed oil.
Primrose oil.
Borage oil.
Olive oil.
Nuts
Peanut butter (as long as it does not contain hydrogenated oils).
Egg yolks.
Fish (salmon especially).

Supplements:
Milk protein isolate.
Whey protein.
Soy protein.
Weight Gainers.
Creatine Monohydrate
Kre Akalyne
Multi-Vitamins
BCAA'S.

As far as training goes. Stick with compound movements, and compliment then with isolation but not too intensely. For your goals, compound is more important. Stick with the big 3 and you'll be golden. Remember, sleep and water are a necessity and you need plenty of both to grow.

Good luck.

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
Lift big, eat big, dream big to get big