140-170lbs I miss being hungry

B

booya123

Awards
about 8 months ago i weighed 140lbs and decided to start going to the gym again but this time i decided to do a little research on bodybuildingdotcom. I Started doing riptoes starting strength program which worked great for the first 2 months i gained roughly 20lbs, then i stalled for a few months. lately i been doing a 3 day split and eating like crazy and have gained another 10lbs in a couple months. Im currently sitting around 170, I think i want to end up a ripped 180-190lbs. the problem Im running into is i feel im starting to look like a powerlifter with a pot belly kinda gut. I wouldnt say im fat cuz i can still flex my abs and they show but just standing relaxed i got a pot belly. Is there a way to lose the gut and keep gaining muscle without being bloated all the time? I kinda miss being hungry haha havent been hungry in a long time. seems like i dont gain weight unless im always stuffed full of food.

Tansui

Tansui

Awards
  • Established
cardio?

Q

quigley

Awards
  • Established
You could recomp...would be slower...but I suggest to keep things simple- Focus on bulking hard out for another 6-8 weeks see if you can add on that last 10-15 pounds,

Then do nice steady cut for a month or two to get rid of the fat while maintaing your muscle.

M

Matt6969

Awards
  • Established
keep bulking for a little while longer then hit the track with lots of sprints to lose the fat.

B

booya123

Awards
currently i only do 5 mins of a slow jog 3x a week before each workout. Do you think that i should be doing more? im gonna continue doing what i am now for a few months unless someone has a better idea. I have never cut before but im guessing once i stop stuffing my face everyday i will start loosing the gut, I just hope i dont lose to much muscle in the process.

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
Welcome to the same problem we all face. You basically need to up the cardio if you want to lose the belly fat. Some people say get up to 10lbs heavier then your ideal weight then start to cut, but be careful because belly fat is pretty hard to lose. You need to figure out what you really want at this point.