Concerned about height potential. - AnabolicMinds.com

Concerned about height potential.

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  205 lbs.

Talking Concerned about height potential.

Hey guys,

Long time no post.

I just measured myself for the first time in about 6 months and discovered I'd grown half an inch (I'm now 6'3.5" when I stand perfectly straight). I just turned 21 last week. Is it reasonable to believe I might hit 6'4? My Dad is 6'5.5 and my mom is 5'9.

Personal anecdotes about growing after 21 welcome .

2. Banned
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.

Holy sh!t! I stopped growing at age 15. It's entirely possible you could have another inch or so. My uncle was 6' when he started college and grew to 6'4 by the end of his first year. But most likely, you're done since you're already 21. My dad is only 5'10 and mum is 5'6, so it's kind of odd that I made it to 6'3.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by roids1 View Post
    My dad is only 5'10 and mum is 5'6, so it's kind of odd that I made it to 6'3.
    Did your mom go on week long grocery runs by any chance? Your dad should of checked the hamper when she came back, he aint no nobodys fool, roids!

ANSWER ME!
    •   

4. Banned
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.

Nooooooo! Say it ain't so!!!!!!!!! Are you saying my real dad could be a 6'4 produce manager!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fukking answer me!!!!!!!!!!
  5. Advanced Member

growth plate fusion is up to the individual. For me, it stopped at 16 which sucked. So i stopped at 5'9. But my folks are tiny though with my mom being 5'1 and my dad being smaller at just under 5'1.

But the world's tallest man (i think that croatian dude) had a brain surgery to remove a tumor i believe. As a side effect, his brain never triggered growth plate fusion so he kept growing.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'4"  155 lbs.

Yeah you guys suck....I havn't grown a centimeter since 13 so I've been stuck at around 5'4 and a half since.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"  290 lbs.

6'5.5

Quote Originally Posted by wrasslin116 View Post
    Yeah you guys suck....I havn't grown a centimeter since 13 so I've been stuck at around 5'4 and a half since.
    I went from 6'3 to almost 6'6 in my early twenties, You little guys got it made though. It seems like it is so much easier for you guys to get big. I'm at 315 now, but don't think I look anywhere near as muscular as some of the short dudes.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'4"  155 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel65 View Post
    I went from 6'3 to almost 6'6 in my early twenties, You little guys got it made though. It seems like it is so much easier for you guys to get big. I'm at 315 now, but don't think I look anywhere near as muscular as some of the short dudes.
    Haha yeah that is true...I fill out very easily.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  238 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWalton View Post
    Hey guys,

Long time no post.

I just measured myself for the first time in about 6 months and discovered I'd grown half an inch (I'm now 6'3.5" when I stand perfectly straight). I just turned 21 last week. Is it reasonable to believe I might hit 6'4? My Dad is 6'5.5 and my mom is 5'9.

Personal anecdotes about growing after 21 welcome .
    I'll guess you'll end up 6'3- 6'3.5. Although with tall fathers+hormones in our food you could end up taller then him. I have seen it happen. Hell even one of my Filipino friends and his brothers are all over 6'2 raised in NA, family's all under 5'5 raised in the Phillipines. Tallest ever in their family Strange isn't it?I'll say McDonald's was at work though since thats basically all they ate besides major amounts of Filipino food for dinner haha.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. T-911- should we be concerned?
    By BxGymRat in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-16-2010, 02:08 PM
  2. Height Potential?
    By DaveWalton in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-14-2009, 12:50 PM
  3. Height Potential?
    By DaveWalton in forum Nutrition / Health