NEED HELP!!!!

lift or die

Awards
I have been on a serious chest workout and i feel like my chest is growing but i feel like one pec is larger than the other.... whats going on? Did anyone else ever hear of this problem?? Thanks!!

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
The first thing that I would do is check your form. When one is a beginner, the stronger side (typically the right one if one is right-handed though this is not always the case) tends to do more work than the other one resulting in disproportionate development.

My recommendations to fix this are:
Practice perfect form: By ensuring proper form not only you ensure that the targeted muscles are the ones doing the work but also that both sides are putting an equal amount of force as the movement is performed, thus preventing imbalances.

Concentrate on activating the muscles of the weak side: When performing the movement, really concentrate on using and squeezing the muscles of your weak side to move the weight. This extra concentration will ensure that your dominant side is not the one doing the work.

Perform extra sets of unilateral movements to only target the underdeveloped area: Doing a few extra sets that solely focus on your weak side will teach the body to better activate the muscle fibers of that side.

Example:

Superset:

Incline Bench Press 4 sets of 8-12 reps

Unilateral Dumbbell Press 4 sets of 8-12 (Ensure that the dumbbell is light enough as you will need to balance yourself)

Superset:

Chest Dips 3 sets of 8-12

Unilateral Incline Flyes 3 sets of 8-12

hog928

Awards
  • Established
try the smith machine to correct form it will even it out better tell strength evens out better. Just an idea. Or lower your weight a bit. good luck my man.