best exercise for just forearms???

fellowmike

fellowmike

Awards
anyone have any thoughts????:cheers:

and what would be a good clomid dosing after a cycle of phera+superdrol?:djparty:

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
My personal favorite are towel chins. If you had the money you could invest in some Captain of Crush grippers

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Include Zottman Curls into your bicep day and you will have nothing to worry about.

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
nice way of throwing the clomid question in there lol

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
50mg a day for a month is plenty, could taper down to 25mg/day the last week

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Buy a 8-10lbs head sledgehammer for $20 at Home Depot and you can make quick rounds of super-setting your brachioradialis, flexors and extensors. You can sit in front of the tv and alternate hands until your forearms die out.

Link24

Awards
  • Established
Get the Heaviest dumbells in your gym and walk back in forth across the gym until they drop. Repeat this 4 times and the stretch your forearms for 60sec

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Get the Heaviest dumbells in your gym and walk back in forth across the gym until they drop. Repeat this 4 times and the stretch your forearms for 60sec
That's working a lot more then "just forearms." The simulated Farmer's Walk may have greater implications for core then forearms, but a solid exercise in general.

Antigravity

Antigravity

Awards
x2 on the sledgehammer idea.
also: rockclimbing in general.
2-finger and 3-finger reverse (palms out) deadhangs. Single arm deadhangs. (to failure)

strong fingers = strong forearms.

tossing and catching lighter weights.
rolling pin exercise ..... its a stick with a string attatched and a decent weight hanging off the bottom.
roll it in, and then slowly roll it out.

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
Agree with the rockclimbing. One of my gyms has a "treadwall" and it fries my forearms. Could also try bouldering

DC recommends hammer curls for forearms, and I noticed good gains with these. I do them in the front to my chest

bpchampion

Awards
I like the rope attached to a piece of wood with a weight on the end and you twist it up and let it down

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
Any comments on these towel shrugs? Seems interesting....
I'll have to give those a try... towel chins are great but i've been looking for a forearm exercise besides TC's and hangs.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
+1 apart from JO, I never bother with direct forearm exercise.

Deads, rows, chins, curls hit them enough during the week.

Put your energy into real exercises ;)
LHJO has made one forearm significantly bigger than the other. I correct this by constantly wearing my smaller forearm in a sling. Been doing this for almost six months now. People at work are getting suspicious. I think I should just tell them... that I LHJO.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
LHJO has made one forearm significantly bigger than the other. I correct this by constantly wearing my smaller forearm in a sling. Been doing this for almost six months now. People at work are getting suspicious. I think I should just tell them... that I LHJO.
Im hearing you rubberring, but people can so judgemental. It took me years to master LHJO, however I was oblivious to the risks. If only I knew about PCT. Telling people will draw out a mixture of fear and loathing. It will be a long and painfull rehabilitation Im afraid. It scares me that normality may elude me forever . . . forever . . . forever . . . forever

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
+1 Rock Climbing
+1 Deadlifting

My forearms are relatively massive and I've barely ever directly trained em. Captain of Crush grippers are pretty fun, though, if you feel like picking some up they'll serve you well.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
+1 Rock Climbing
+1 Deadlifting

My forearms are relatively massive and I've barely ever directly trained em. Captain of Crush grippers are pretty fun, though, if you feel like picking some up they'll serve you well.
We got some rockclimbers at our gym, they hang off the smith. Strong as all hell, but all their muscles are long and sinuey - including their forearms.

Still, would be a good thing to add into your training for something different

manny1519

Awards
I have a routine just for forearms since mine use to be scrawny..i mean seriously i looked like a t-rex with little arms, but this helped.

1) warm-up standing barbell grip then i do 3x12x2 (12 reps, rest 10 seconds and then do as many as you can do...3 sets like that) You pretty much grab the barbell as if you were going to curl it, except you just curl from the end of your fingers to your palms.
2) I then do it reversly where the bar is beind me for the same amount of sets/reps
3) dumbell reverse curl 3 sets of 15. I grab a pair of 15's and while I am sitting down with forearms on each knee with knuckles facing the cieling, I curl about 15 times (this burns the top forearm, and make sure to do it with good form or you will rip off your wrist.
4) I then do just regular dumbell forearm curls, about 3 sets of 12-15 reps.
5) I then finish off with grabing the rope and a weight at the end and just hurling that sucker up and down until my forearms feel like they are going to explode.

I suggest you have someone drive you there with this workout, cuz you will be steering like an old asian lady after this.

Ironloo

this works for me 1 set each barbell wrist cur 5lb plates each side 20 reps on the 20th hold for 10 seconds then keep going till you cant move, then e-z bar reverse wrist curls 5lb plate 20 reps hold for 10 seconds on 20th then keep going till no more now get 70lb. dumbells wrap each handle with a sock now hold them for 1 minute, 100lb. gripper 20 - 100 reps each hand depending, then go to pullup bar and hold your self hanging until you can no longer hold thats it but best pump ever.

Zaneseed

Awards
good info in this thread, have you guys ever used the round piece of wood about 1 foot long, with a hole drilled through it and rope threaded through? forgot what its called, but you tie one end of the rope to a weight plate and hold the stick out at arms length, rolling it up to the top. can work both extensors and flexors, great for supersets

Antigravity

Antigravity

Awards
good info in this thread, have you guys ever used the round piece of wood about 1 foot long, with a hole drilled through it and rope threaded through? forgot what its called, but you tie one end of the rope to a weight plate and hold the stick out at arms length, rolling it up to the top. can work both extensors and flexors, great for supersets
yep, thats the twisty thing I was talking about in my post.
I made one using a Bicycle seat post and some shoelaces.

Zaneseed

Awards
yep, thats the twisty thing I was talking about in my post.
I made one using a Bicycle seat post and some shoelaces.
haha nice creativity :) they're great. how does that one compare to a wooden handle? i've been wondering about different ways to make it

bpchampion

Awards
haha nice creativity :) they're great. how does that one compare to a wooden handle? i've been wondering about different ways to make it
Ive made a couple different ones , i like wider grips and sometimes i use cotton gloves it seams to burn better

Ironhyde

Ironhyde

Awards
#1 exercise for forearms - Deadlifts without straps...period.
#2 exercise for forearms - Any type of back movement, whether it be rows, pulldown variations, etc. without straps. Straps are a useless crutch that only inhibit true forearm size and strength development. Fat bar grips are a great supplement for forearm size/strength.

Generallee

Awards
reverse curls thrown into Back day, or arm day.

Ironloo

do this no rest every day heavy dumbells that you can hold for 1 minute wrap the handles with a sock,barbell wrist curls 20th rep hold contraction for 1 minute, reverse wrist curls on 20th rep hold contraction for 1 minute, then grab the same heavy dumbells with no sock and beat your previous time do these no rest every day it works.

MrMostly

Awards
I never use straps and really don't work out the forearms in isolation.
The exercise in my routine that sets them throbbing the most are drag curls. After a couple sets of those, they feel like they are going to explode.