Carbs before bed?

jmma062803

jmma062803

Awards
hello peps! just want to ask if its okay to take in carbs before bed on bulking phase? or would it be better to just take protein? o yea im a little chunky on the mid section (endomorph), i have a pretty good muscle mass as well. any advice?

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Carbs before bed are generally not recommended, but during a bulk it is not as bad if you are not concerned about fat gain. I know some bbers like a fatty meal with carbs before bed, saying the high fat will slow the absorption of the carbs to a steady release.

Swoldierboy

Awards
  • Established
if ur bulking then yea bro, go ahead. im bulking right now and i take 2 scoops of serious mass before bed which has like 300 grams of carbs and im not fat at all. if u start to experience a fat gain, then take carbs in throughout the day and a lean protein only shake at night, not a weight gainer.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
If you are endomorphic and youre looking more for a recomp then i'd say no carbs before bed will give you best result.

jmma062803

jmma062803

Awards
Thank you very much guys. o yea did i mention im on halotest 25 i know this is not the forum for this, but will that play a role on me not takingany carbs at bedtime?

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
Only food I have before bed is a source of casein protein. Other foods will get you fat in a hurry.

for your carb needs, try perfect carb post workout tho.

jmma062803

jmma062803

Awards
Okay here's what I'm going to do on my post workout, cellmass on gatorade right after workout and then whey protein with oat meal 30 after workout. Let me know if this is a good post workout or do I need to change anything.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
if ur bulking then yea bro, go ahead. im bulking right now and i take 2 scoops of serious mass before bed which has like 300 grams of carbs and im not fat at all. if u start to experience a fat gain, then take carbs in throughout the day and a lean protein only shake at night, not a weight gainer.
Wow....even for an ecto that's nuts. Consuming 300 grams of sugar before bed? Nuts.

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
Bulking or not, carbs before bed isn't the best idea. Good fats and slow digesting protein either from casein or cottage cheese. Try this:
1 scoop casein
1 cup cottage cheese
2 tblspoon natty pb
some splenda.
Mix all together and enjoy. Sounds gross, but I'll put my $50 on that you'll love it.

Al Swearengen

Awards
i eat whatever i feel like eating before bedtime and it never affected my fat gain or loss in anyway that i could tell. everyone is a bit different though and i see it going either way so just try it and see what it does for you.