losing weight on a bulking diet :/

Tansui

Tansui

Awards
  • Established
I've been on a bulking diet for about 25days now, in the 1st 20 days I gained about 10lbs of lean mass

from this:

to this:

But from the 24th till now although I'm still getting stronger- I'm not getting sore anymore, I'm working out harder than I was last week, with more weight and more reps(most of the time) and I wake up each morning with just slight muscle fatigue but no soreness?!? As far as supplements I take the following:

Muscle Milk
Tribulus Terrestis
DHEA
Zinc
Fenugreek
Alpha Lopic Acid
Cinnamon Bark
Reveratrol
Rhodiola Rosa
Creatine Monhydrate

I doubt this is hyper fast recovery... doesn't really sound possible to me.

Is it time to believe the PX90 hype and get "muscle confused" lol

Have my genetics come to eat me?

Am I CURSED like the "White Man from Town"* ("Thinner" -Stephen King)

Or am I just a NOOB and some one can see exactly what the problem is so, after you tell me I'll tweak it and get back to gaining? ( I hope so)

*youtube.com/watch?v=keJ1YImviXQ

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Up your calories again if weight gain has stalled. You now have a new maintenance calorie level. As far as muscle soreness, are you doing the sane workout each week and for how long? You should be progressing each workout, either adding reps or adding weight. Might be time to change up exercises.

loki515

Awards
as young and restless said i would up your cals and protein and also i would switch up the way you workout. I was stuck also but tryin to switch from doing 5 x 5 to doing 3-4 set of 8-10 reps with 80% max. maybe do 5 x5's or something else to trick your body

Tansui

Tansui

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the replies guys - I did up the calories a bit and switched to a 5x5 routine i also doubled my carbs seems to have the wheels turning again

Swoldierboy

Awards
  • Established
yeah everytime i have reached a peak i do the 5x5 workout and eat as much as i can and i break through the peak. are u doing a clean bulk or a dirty bulk? are u on any weight gainers or making your own? sorry if u mentioned this already, i just skimmed through the thread

Tansui

Tansui

Awards
  • Established
yeah everytime i have reached a peak i do the 5x5 workout and eat as much as i can and i break through the peak. are u doing a clean bulk or a dirty bulk? are u on any weight gainers or making your own? sorry if u mentioned this already, i just skimmed through the thread
I started as a dirty bulk and have since cleaned it up quite a bit. I went through a canister of Milk Muscle but I don't care much for the taste of the sweeteners. I now use a custom blend from trueprotein.com no added sweetner I can now add whey protein to anything pretty much oatmeal, scrambled eggs etc. and its completely tasteless. My shakes taste like real shakes

A) 1.5 cups of milk 2 tbl spoons of chocolate syrup and 2 scoops of whey

or

B)1.5 cups of milk 2/3 cup of frozen strawberries 1 tbl spoon of sugar and 2 scoops of whey

In either case I know the sugar is not the best choice or the chocolate syrup but I enjoy it and I think I'll be ok if that is the extent of my dietary vice. I sweeten my oatmeal with honey.

I also supplement 2gs of creatine monhydrate a day along with a few other misc supps.

Swoldierboy

Awards
  • Established
2 gr of creatine a day isnt gonna do anything. and ur shake has no calories that u need for weight gain. unless ur taking like 3 a day and eating alot of chicken for a clean bulk, u need calories and carbs. i use serious mass by ON. i only use 1 scoop, then i add oatmeal oats, 1 banana, 2 raw eggs, milk, 2 scoops of ice cream, flaxseed and about 5 strawberries si i get a mixture of powder nutrients and real food nutrients in one shake

Tansui

Tansui

Awards
  • Established
this is my daily meal plan:

wake up
Shake - (34g P/35g C/20g F/435 cals)

breakfast - (48g P/82g C/35g F/827.5 cals)
3 whole eggs (19.5g P/3g C/23g F/300 cals)
1 cups of oatmeal (10g P/54g C/6g F/300 cals)
-with whey (12.5g P/55 cals)
-1 tbls of honey (17g C/60 cals)
-3/4 cup milk (6g P/8g C/6g F 112.5 cals)
-fresh fruit (orange or grapes)

meal 3 (51.5g P/64g C/14.5g F/580cals)
1/2 lb of lean ground turkey (44g P/0g C/14.5g F/300 cals)
1 large baked potato (7.5g P/64g P/.5g F/280 cals)

meal 4 pre workout (51.5g P/64g C/14.5g F/580cals)
1/2 lb of lean ground turkey (44g P/0g C/14g F/300 cals)

work out

meal 5

meal 6 dinner (57.5g P/64g C/5.5g F/650 cals)
8 oz of Chicken or Fish (50g P/0g C/5g F/220 cals)
a dark green veg (100-200 cals)

meal 7 (bed time)

Totals
310.5g Protein/379g Carbs/129.5 Fat/3942.5 cals
that's a macro-nutrient count of 37.9%/46.3%/15.8%

Swoldierboy

Awards
  • Established
if u wanna take creatine, gotta take 5g a day. i usually do 2 pre workout 3 post along with serious mass which has 1g it in of mono

Playwithfire

Playwithfire

Awards
Your calorie intake and macro nutrients are spot on what I like to use (4000kcal./day at 40-40-20) and I am almost 100lbs heavier than you, so there really shouldn't be a problem here. 10lbs in 3 weeks is excellent gains, and from what I gather you were only concerned that from the 24th of the 25 days you have been bulking you have had a problem gaining. Please clarify this.

If you are not experiencing muscle fatigue (soreness) you could either be not training heavy/hard enough or are over training due to the fact that you aren't experiencing soreness. I would be interested in seeing your workout logs. Rest is where you grow, so make sure you are getting 8 hours a day of rest.

Tansui

Tansui

Awards
  • Established
Your calorie intake and macro nutrients are spot on what I like to use (4000kcal./day at 40-40-20) and I am almost 100lbs heavier than you, so there really shouldn't be a problem here. 10lbs in 3 weeks is excellent gains, and from what I gather you were only concerned that from the 24th of the 25 days you have been bulking you have had a problem gaining. Please clarify this.

If you are not experiencing muscle fatigue (soreness) you could either be not training heavy/hard enough or are over training due to the fact that you aren't experiencing soreness. I would be interested in seeing your workout logs. Rest is where you grow, so make sure you are getting 8 hours a day of rest.
I appreciate the responses, I am no longer having issues with gaining it was a carb intake/lift routine problem. As stated earlier I went to a 5x5 routine and that fixed the problem with muscle fatigue. Once I was religious about the 5x5 routine, I went to the diet I posted above (i increased my carbs by about double and protein by about 50%) since then Ive not had a problem gaining

SprtNvolcoM

SprtNvolcoM

On a Mission!
Awards
  • Established
Try this shake 2x-3x a day:

Shake:
1-1.5 cup milk (your choice - I use 1%)
.5 cup fresh or frozen blue berrys and/OR 1 banana
.25 cup raw oat bran (insoluable)
1 tbls cinnoman
1 tbls extra virgin olive oil
2 scoops protien powder (mines 22g protien per scoop)
(When bulking I add cottage cheese, and I also always add dextrose powder PWO).

Garunteed best shake you've ever tasted ... hands down.
Sprt